JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA Fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don’t see how anyone could mind,admittedly I haven’t been weekly paid since shortly after high school

Most companies prefer longer pay periods as it cost less money to cut checks (or make e-deposits) and calculate the deductions every two weeks than every week. In fact, some employers even have semi-monthly paychecks running something like 1st-15th, and 16th-last day of the month. I have worked under all of them, and frankly, it doesn't matter to me.

Stocks. I personally don’t like how fast the “supposed” Market correction has rebounded.

It wasn't a market correction... it was a massive computer generated sell-off best described by Keynes as "Animal Spirits" in the digital age. If you are bored sometime, read "Flash Boys: A Wall Street Revolt" by Michael Lewis to get a better idea as to how important automatic trading has become to the market.

I don't get the allure, either.

I'm not sure I've ever been paid weekly? Not even in high school.

When I was a kid and went out partying on the weekend (And Wed night too) you absolutely needed to be paid weekly. You burn through your check like a madman on the booze and women.

If you were paid bi weekly (NYC) you’d be out of cash fast cause you’d pound the pavement that much harder when you went out. Train rides to Manhattan, drinking like a sieve and mooning the Doormen if you didn’t pick up that night.

Not kidding, The 1980’s

Edit: They left out Mingles and Quasimodo’s up in the 90’s and 2nd Ave and 2 of my favs the Bitter End and the Red Lion in the Village.

https://www.amny.com/entertainment/...re-images-from-the-1980s-and-1990s-1.10600568

Last edited:
I really don’t see how anyone could mind,admittedly I haven’t been weekly paid since shortly after high school

Perhaps not for you or I, as we both (I suspect in your case and is implied in your reply above) live well below our means and are able to handle basic arithmetic to manage our finances.

Some people, among the lowest paid workers-working in retail, fast food no less find a need to partake in services that give them near immediate access to their earnings (at high fees).

https://www.wsj.com/articles/apps-let-workers-make-every-day-a-payday-1511528400

Josh

Get back on topic rabbit man!
I can tell you this much, if CLE is ever included under scope in a jcba...you will never ever hear from me again. Period.

Well my first question on that would be are there CWA Agents for AA working upstairs? Or is it in any process of being staffed by them? If the answer is yes to either question then I would lean towards a higher likelihood of that city being reopened to us.

http://www.clevelandairport.com/sites/default/files/CLE_RouteMap_FoldedHandoutWeb_7.0_032417.pdf

Last edited:
Most companies prefer longer pay periods as it cost less money to cut checks (or make e-deposits) and calculate the deductions every two weeks than every week. In fact, some employers even have semi-monthly paychecks running something like 1st-15th, and 16th-last day of the month. I have worked under all of them, and frankly, it doesn't matter to me.
It has more to do with them making money off interest using your earnings, or at least that is what I had a professional accountant tell me.

Well my first question on that would be are there CWA Agents for AA working upstairs? Or is it in any process of being staffed by them? If the answer is yes to either question then I would lean towards a higher likelihood of that city being reopened to us.

http://www.clevelandairport.com/sites/default/files/CLE_RouteMap_FoldedHandoutWeb_7.0_032417.pdf
We have 12 jets a day. Plus about 16 rj.
Cwa works upstairs at almost all airports. Biggest non scope airports right now are
1. Iah
2. Rsw
3. Dtw
4. Bna
5. Ind
6. Cle?

We have 12 jets a day. Plus about 16 rj.
Cwa works upstairs at almost all airports. Biggest non scope airports right now are
1. Iah
2. Rsw
3. Dtw
4. Bna
5. Ind
6. Cle?

And assuming your numbers are correct, this is why I have a problem with the proposed "snap shot". Company making this much money and we need to quibble over stations handling a dozen plus daily mainline flights (in addition to the RJs)? I believe the current US CBA requires an average of 8 daily mainline flights and the "snap shot" wouldn't allow scope to cover these stations? I think it is a disservice by the Association overlooking those members who have been furloughed from those cities

And assuming your numbers are correct, this is why I have a problem with the proposed "snap shot". Company making this much money and we need to quibble over stations handling a dozen plus daily mainline flights (in addition to the RJs)? I believe the current US CBA requires an average of 8 daily mainline flights and the "snap shot" wouldn't allow scope to cover these stations? I think it is a disservice by the Association overlooking those members who have been furloughed from those cities
I think the company wants more of its own mainline employees at these stations. Id be shocked if there isnt any additional stations, at this point. The union doesnt have any strike threat but the company will most likely give more stations in return for lus health care.

I think the company wants more of its own mainline employees at these stations. Id be shocked if there isnt any additional stations, at this point. The union doesnt have any strike threat but the company will most likely give more stations in return for lus health care.

Why do you have to continue to precipitate any deals having to be with changes to the IAM Medical percentage cost? The Medical expenditure would not be that high a cost to make such an expensive trade for.

The reasons why more/old stations may be reopened to us is because the only way after merger mania for Airlines to differentiate themselves moving forward will be through quality control. And if CWA is already in it’s a strong winnable argument that we should be there as well.

The outsourced Ramp agents are making life difficult for the Airlines with their “Fight for 15” Nationwide movement and it’s getting to the point where IMO eventually they’re just not going to be worth the heat financially anymore anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back