JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA Fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah he admits cutting corners at Fed ex but I like the Weez he's a goodfella. Tim are you hearing when we will have a joint contract not that it really matters
A JCBA is months away. I've bumped into hundreds of LUS folks and none of them are really too much wanting a new contract at this time unless it has big fat increases in Paid days off and doesn't cancel their good health care and solid scope.

The original loa had first day of new pay period but this week we told the company that their letter said immediate and now the loa has 8/5/16. In other words, it was changed to 8/5/16.

P. Rez
Good catch Prez. I was told August 5th by a very very good source, long time before more than less than 5 prolly knew, so that's why I said on my video that I really really couldn't imagine my buddy "Ned" being wrong. That said, the written language is key, and not what someone tells me, so good catch Prez.

Tim Nelson said:
A JCBA is months away. I've bumped into hundreds of LUS folks and none of them are really too much wanting a new contract at this time unless it has big fat increases in Paid days off and doesn't cancel their good health care and solid scope.
I would think our healthcare is as good as gone

Tim Nelson said:
What can we expect on the plus side a few more holidays and differential and on the minus side healthcare and scope. I look at if we didn't merge we wouldn't be getting $24 much less $30

Hey Tim. Welcome back.

"The window of opportunity has closed"

Looks like that window just needed a little WD 40 and she slid open like a greased pig.

Tim what kind of side dishes do you like with the "CROW" I have cooking on the BBQ just for you?
Cripes, you are like Sybil? First you say I get info from Jerry Glass, then you say my info is wrong? How could any info from Uncle Jerry be wrong by your silly assumptions?

I get my info directly from "Ned". And "Ned" says us boys missed our window. Here is another nugget from "Ned", when we get a new JCBA, chances are that it will recognize all the current stations, including the small ones, provided a stay on most or all new stations. I was personally hoping that RSW get opened quickly. Ned don't provide specifics but I hope that at least IAH can open. Now, from my perspective, I think a union should take care of its current members prior to going after the unborn. But that's just me. I think it is fair and reasonable to keep the 33 LUS stations all open prior to losing one of them, or any 'work' [lav, catering, cargo, etc as well] for a new station. Of course, I know many from the LAA side want to go back to DTW, IND, etc. and let's hope they eventually have the opportunity.

The window has closed though. What we received was several gifts from management, i.e., wage [not a total gift], profit sharing, free non rev for spouses/domestic partner/registered companion, and should be looked at separate from a JCBA at this time. IMO, I think the LUS side came out of this much better since we have double time and we didn't have to give up much more cross utilization, and we maintained our pay scale [although it would have been nice to lower the step count].

Ned also says that LUS is a minority of the Association [less costly than making similar provisions for LAA] and that [for the extended time being] the LAA is being used to subsidize our health care, double time [%60.34], scope, premium holiday pay, etc. I didn't like that Ned told me that, but I did catch him on a rambling moment. Again, I wouldn't expect any JCBA anytime soon. And from an IAM perspective, why bother if it means coughing up scope and/or health care. But whatever the case, I think catering stays or even expands. Current cargo will be fine as well.

I don't agree with anyone subsidizing anyone and that a JCBA that is industry leading for ALL OF US is fair, but right now only the LUS side has a leading industry contract and I'm sure all LUS wants to covet that. Hopefully, the TWU can continue being a team player, and everyone can participate, until we can get a JCBA sometime in the distant future.

WeAAsles said:
Yea I make 70k distorted or not. HA HA you Troll. $70,000 clams. I make almost as much as the poor schmuck who spent all that money going out to get his Masters Degree. I make just a wee bit more than the guy with a Bachelors degree on average. And didn't waste a dime getting a formal edumacation. No student loans. Not beholden to those legal loan sharks.
That my friends is a post worthy of NewHampshire Black Bears.

WeAAsles said:
I am most certainly NOT a bed wetter. That's just sweat from the nightmares I have living off other people's labor.
You have to have integrity to feel guilt.

Tim Nelson said:
Cripes, you are like Sybil? First you say I get info from Jerry Glass, then you say my info is wrong? How could any info from Uncle Jerry be wrong by your silly assumptions?

I get my info directly from "Ned". And "Ned" says us boys missed our window. Here is another nugget from "Ned", when we get a new JCBA, chances are that it will recognize all the current stations, including the small ones, provided a stay on most or all new stations. I was personally hoping that RSW get opened quickly. Ned don't provide specifics but I hope that at least IAH can open. Now, from my perspective, I think a union should take care of its current members prior to going after the unborn. But that's just me. I think it is fair and reasonable to keep the 33 LUS stations all open prior to losing one of them, or any 'work' [lav, catering, cargo, etc as well] for a new station. Of course, I know many from the LAA side want to go back to DTW, IND, etc. and let's hope they eventually have the opportunity.

The window has closed though. What we received was several gifts from management, i.e., wage [not a total gift], profit sharing, free non rev for spouses/domestic partner/registered companion, and should be looked at separate from a JCBA at this time. IMO, I think the LUS side came out of this much better since we have double time and we didn't have to give up much more cross utilization, and we maintained our pay scale [although it would have been nice to lower the step count].

Ned also says that LUS is a minority of the Association and that the LAA is being used to subsidize our health care, double time [%60.34], scope, premium holiday pay, etc. I didn't like that Ned told me that, but I did catch him on a rambling moment. Again, I wouldn't expect any JCBA anytime soon. And from an IAM perspective, why bother if it means coughing up scope and/or health care. But whatever the case, I think catering stays or even expands. Current cargo will be fine as well.
What about the millions the company still puts into LAA retirement plans who is subsidizing that

Tim Nelson said:
Cripes, you are like Sybil? First you say I get info from Jerry Glass, then you say my info is wrong? How could any info from Uncle Jerry be wrong by your silly assumptions?I get my info directly from "Ned". And "Ned" says us boys missed our window. Here is another nugget from "Ned", when we get a new JCBA, chances are that it will recognize all the current stations, including the small ones, provided a stay on most or all new stations. I was personally hoping that RSW get opened quickly. Ned don't provide specifics but I hope that at least IAH can open. Now, from my perspective, I think a union should take care of its current members prior to going after the unborn. But that's just me. I think it is fair and reasonable to keep the 33 LUS stations all open prior to losing one of them, or any 'work' [lav, catering, cargo, etc as well] for a new station. Of course, I know many from the LAA side want to go back to DTW, IND, etc. and let's hope they eventually have the opportunity.The window has closed though. What we received was several gifts from management, i.e., wage [not a total gift], profit sharing, free non rev for spouses/domestic partner/registered companion, and should be looked at separate from a JCBA at this time. IMO, I think the LUS side came out of this much better since we have double time and we didn't have to give up much more cross utilization, and we maintained our pay scale [although it would have been nice to lower the step count].Ned also says that LUS is a minority of the Association and that the LAA is being used to subsidize our health care, double time [%60.34], scope, premium holiday pay, etc. I didn't like that Ned told me that, but I did catch him on a rambling moment. Again, I wouldn't expect any JCBA anytime soon. And from an IAM perspective, why bother if it means coughing up scope and/or health care. But whatever the case, I think catering stays or even expands. Current cargo will be fine as well.
The wage progression did actually decrease one year for LUS.

Worldport said:
Weez you work in a hub can't you approach 6 figures if you wanted to
I'm actually going to try to start working OT once in awhile now. Haven't signed up once since I got here to MIA, 5 years ago. In 21 years only 2 doubles.

I love my pillows.

But to answer your question. We have guys making over 100k now. But they live here at the airport.

Tim Nelson said:
Cripes, you are like Sybil? First you say I get info from Jerry Glass, then you say my info is wrong? How could any info from Uncle Jerry be wrong by your silly assumptions?I get my info directly from "Ned". And "Ned" says us boys missed our window. Here is another nugget from "Ned", when we get a new JCBA, chances are that it will recognize all the current stations, including the small ones, provided a stay on most or all new stations. I was personally hoping that RSW get opened quickly. Ned don't provide specifics but I hope that at least IAH can open. Now, from my perspective, I think a union should take care of its current members prior to going after the unborn. But that's just me. I think it is fair and reasonable to keep the 33 LUS stations all open prior to losing one of them, or any 'work' [lav, catering, cargo, etc as well] for a new station. Of course, I know many from the LAA side want to go back to DTW, IND, etc. and let's hope they eventually have the opportunity.The window has closed though. What we received was several gifts from management, i.e., wage [not a total gift], profit sharing, free non rev for spouses/domestic partner/registered companion, and should be looked at separate from a JCBA at this time. IMO, I think the LUS side came out of this much better since we have double time and we didn't have to give up much more cross utilization, and we maintained our pay scale [although it would have been nice to lower the step count].Ned also says that LUS is a minority of the Association [less costly than making similar provisions for LAA] and that [for the extended time being] the LAA is being used to subsidize our health care, double time [%60.34], scope, premium holiday pay, etc. I didn't like that Ned told me that, but I did catch him on a rambling moment. Again, I wouldn't expect any JCBA anytime soon. And from an IAM perspective, why bother if it means coughing up scope and/or health care. But whatever the case, I think catering stays or even expands. Current cargo will be fine as well.I don't agree with anyone subsidizing anyone and that a JCBA that is industry leading for ALL OF US is fair, but right now only the LUS side has a leading industry contract and I'm sure all LUS wants to covet that. Hopefully, the TWU can continue being a team player, and everyone can participate, until we can get a JCBA sometime in the distant future.
So if that window is closed then why am I feeling such a wonderful breeze coming through my condo?

What a wonderful, marvelous breeze. Hoo Rah.

Worldport said:
What can we expect on the plus side a few more holidays and differential and on the minus side healthcare and scope. I look at if we didn't merge we wouldn't be getting $24 much less $30
No we wouldn't. Neither of us.

WeAAsles said:
I'm actually going to try to start working OT once in awhile now. Haven't signed up once since I got here to MIA, 5 years ago. In 21 years only 2 doubles.

I love my pillows.

But to answer your question. We have guys making over 100k now. But they live here at the airport.
The less I know about you and your pillows the better. I day of overtime a week gets you into the 80s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back