JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA Fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember folks, No JCBA will get to the members without the consent from BOTH unions. What AGC would be willing to cough up political support by giving up health care and scope when solid pay and additional raises are already on the horizon? And health care will be a concession that the company will be asking for from LUS.

I mean, at this point, Prez was correct, i.e., our contract is better than the CWA contract. See Weasel, what would compel anyone from LUS negotiations to sign a cost neutral or cost negative JCBA? If your new "Lock" prediction of attaining a new JCBA by the end of the year doesn't come true then don't blame the IAM, blame your own negotiators who lengthened the wage progression and gave up the cross utilization that was a big motivation for the company to negotiate. To be sure, I think the TWU did a fair thing and I support its decision to sign this new wage opener.
If you and usair members have the best contract in the industry then why negotiate at all unless you get more gains? Without a new contract, your company can't get your scope or health care from you. Are you the only one saying that you have the best contract in the industry? I thought you only had 5 weeks of vacation, no double time, and only 5 holidays unpaid if you don't work them?

If you and usair members have the best contract in the industry then why negotiate at all unless you get more gains? Without a new contract, your company can't get your scope or health care from you. Are you the only one saying that you have the best contract in the industry? I thought you only had 5 weeks of vacation, no double time, and only 5 holidays unpaid if you don't work them?
Our paid days off could be better, but we currently have 7 holidays, all paid whether we work or not. We also have double time where we can rack up the $60.34 an hour to increase our profit sharing payout as well. We could use better retirement but no contract is perfect. Why negotiate? Hey, nothing wrong with wanting it all, right? We hit a home run but we now have our paid days off, shift differ, and retirement on base. Time for a grand slam but we need to be patient as we don't want to strike out on a suckers pitch and lose what we already have.

Reactions: 1 person
Tim Nelson said:
Our paid days off could be better, but we currently have 7 holidays, all paid whether we work or not. We also have double time where we can rack up the $60.34 an hour to increase our profit sharing payout as well. We could use better retirement but no contract is perfect. Why negotiate? Hey, nothing wrong with wanting it all, right? We hit a home run but we now have our paid days off, shift differ, and retirement on base. Time for a grand slam but we need to be patient as we don't want to strike out on a suckers pitch and lose what we already have.
So when will you (and you) be joining those negotiations Sybil?

WeAAsles said:
Moderators are you out there?

Water Cooler talk.
That is a laugh coming from you.

Let's look at some of your posts.

http://www.airlineforums.com/topic/60006-fas-to-vote-on-elimination-of-the-hard-40/page-4
WeAAsles, on 12 Aug 2016 - 07:08 AM, said:
The modest home life with the white picket fence when us white people ruled the Country and all minorities knew their place and would never dream of speaking up, talking back or sassing.

and when you posted these links.

http://content.time....l#ixzz0gw6qkclr
https://www.psycholo...t-conservatives
http://www.politicus...epublicans.html

So hey deleting or moving "Water Cooler" talk is a fine idea. Maybe they can start with your posts.

Hypocritical much? 

Reactions: 3 people
Jetloader said:
Is this mike on?
I haven't heard one way or the other. I don't see Parker and Co. just giving anyone $5.78 an hour for time they didn't work...don't know though!

AANOTOK said:
I haven't heard one way or the other. I don't see Parker and Co. just giving anyone $5.78 an hour for time they didn't work...don't know though!
As of August 5th the company claims they had no "mechanism" to take back the money...could that mechanism come to fruition in the future?...I would be surprised if they don't recoup unearned wages...

MYBE "LIE LOSER"
DOOSH> R NIELSUN
CAN XPLAIN HOW
EVIL IAM/TWU GOT
FLEET TOP PAY IN
INDUSTRY> ALL
WHOUT JCBA!

La Li Lu Le Lo said:
My school cost would not even come close to covering the "redistribution of wealth" the government has imposed on me over the 20 years prior.

I can say I have been promoted 3 times since I started and gotten several dollars in pay raises based on merit? Can you?

Didn't think so.

Kev3188 said:

As can I.  I'd been on a corporate fast-track once before and literally started at the bottom (of a warehouse floor) and worked my way into my own office, with a cute title, on the other side of the country in a relatively short time and at a young age.  I got there because I busted my a**, never said no, and did whatever it took to get the job done.  (Never saw necessary to hold it over anyone else though...)

I also got burnt out, and got tired of butting heads with careerists, title-chasers, nit-pickers, petty tyrants, and all the folks tripping over one another to claim others' hard work as their own in the scramble up the corporate ladder - so much so that I was willing to take a pay cut to apply for a job that did physical labor and required of me (at the time) the least amount of responsibility possible.  I work with a few former professionals with similar stories from different backgrounds who got tired of jumping through the hoops and kissing the right rings in order to play the game of "upward mobility".

Merit based promotions...that's really impressive.  That's an Important Man™ that can get three promotions, do you have a Chrysler Pacifica with extra-big cupholders too?  I mean, as long as they actually are merit based, because what I've noticed from my past and present employers is that oftentimes promotions go to the most conniving and well-connected instead of to the most capable or deserving.  I've known plenty of people at different firms who've pulled six figures doing little more than schedule meetings, attend meetings, and then just screw around the rest of the day, having no idea what their subordinates were doing and certainly not understanding how it was done.  You can hate all you want on entitled and lazy airline employees but if you think there's not an army of pasty, chubby office dwellers in collared shirts and khakis sitting under sickly fluorescent lights sucking the company teat watching golf videos on company time then maybe you're not paying attention.  A 30-year airline employee shouldn't get $30/hr to "just throw bags" but some schmuck right out of college can start at $100k/yr by virtue of being the VP's nephew?

I'm not saying that the entire superstructure of the American professional working class is rife with inexperience, nepotism, political appointments and sycophants, but I am saying that you don't have the standing to hold me or anyone in contempt just because we don't subscribe to or pursue your narrow or idealized version of success.  I really like this job, and I derive all kinds of value out of it that has nothing to do with "merit-based promotions and raises"; it's given me many opportunities to grow as a person and develop skills that don't include me immediately whoring them out to an employer for a raise or title change as you seem to imply any good American should.   I will sincerely say I'm glad it's worked out for you, but what I don't understand why it's so important for you to come here and try to guilt trip people for getting paid more and try to shame them for their relationship with labor, and the only logical explanation I can think of is the distress it's causing you that so many thousands of people have been so undeservedly placed closer to the pay scale you'd picked yourself up by your bootstraps to attain.  I mean, how insecure, angry at the world, and utterly bored with your life do you have to be?  Are there really so few scandals, causes, outrages, and atrocities on the planet that this is the cross you have to bear, to us?

I don't feel guilty about my new pay raise, and it's not from lack of integrity.  I know I should lie awake at night, gnashing my teeth and rending my garments and crying in lamentation of those poor, poor fund managers whose dividends will be somewhat less, and the losses to all those shareholders - those shareholders whose dollars work tirelessly each day in the hot sun or bitter freezing cold doing all they can to safely get those flights out on time.  I should cry bitter tears for those investors, and all the bread I'm stealing out of the mouths of their children.  Will no one think of Wall Street?  Where will the madness end?  If the lazy working masses of this airline don't stop their vampire ways the executives might have to trade their golden parachutes for golden-trimmed silver ones, and that would be the real dishonor.

So you keep jumping from pedestal to pedestal riding your high horse, we'll keep gaping in awe at your blinding virtue and steadfast integrity.  Me, I'ma take my lump sum, my pay raise, and come next year, my profit sharing check and imposed redistribution of wealth refund check and take them to the bank.  Only in America, baby.

Since May, I don't believe there has been one article TA'd other than this new wage opener which was done outside the negotiation team. Sit back and enjoy what you currently have because I have been told by Ned that nothing is coming soon. The weasel is going to be wrong again with his new "Lock" prediction of a new JCBA prior to January (Silly Weasel). Ned isn't the sorta person I can just pick up the phone and call but the tone of his voice and how he said it seemed to indicate that this could drag on for years. The raise for next year is prolly an indication that negotiations will be years as opposed to months.

BLUTO said:
MYBE "LIE LOSER"
DOOSH> R NIELSUN
CAN XPLAIN HOW
EVIL IAM/TWU GOT
FLEET TOP PAY IN
INDUSTRY> ALL
WHOUT JCBA!
BBBBBBluto. Where you been my rad bro? Nielsons trying to pee on our bushes and grow rotten fruit.

Tim Nelson said:
Since May, I don't believe there has been one article TA'd other than this new wage opener which was done outside the negotiation team. Sit back and enjoy what you currently have because I have been told by Ned that nothing is coming soon. The weasel is going to be wrong again with his new "Lock" prediction of a new JCBA prior to January (Silly Weasel). Ned isn't the sorta person I can just pick up the phone and call but the tone of his voice and how he said it seemed to indicate that this could drag on for years. The raise for next year is prolly an indication that negotiations will be years as opposed to months.
Well golly gee whiz Aunt Bee. Uncle Ned claimed the fishing hole was closed and the fish had all died from the water turning acidic because the volcano had become active again?

Aunt Bee why did they let Uncle Ned out of the Funny Farm after he frightened all those little children last Halloween with a Hockey mask and machete?

Status
Not open for further replies.