Jetblue buys Inflight TV unit, how does AA respond, Hand puppets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bus, as for Ch.9 I agree with you, since I will listen to that as well when I fly UAL.

XM is probably a better product to consider for the cost vs. LTV, since there's not much more to integrate than an external antenna and an interface into the existing audio servers, since it uses the same wiring from the audio servers to the seats.

FWIW, satellite radio was one of the proposed enhancements to the LiveTV installation. I don't think that it would require any hardware changes, only software, but I could be wrong. Also looking into adding a video server for when satellites are out of range or too low to pick up reliably (e.g. JFK-SJU) (or when nothing is on but infomercials). Just added a new avionics rack to accommodate all kinds of expansion, so stay tuned. In-flight internet, anyone? You can get broadband internet through your satellite receiver now, up- and downloads, so it's possible. Who knows? I wonder if this means those card readers next to the screens will get a workout now. Swipe your credit card, pay $20, and you can surf on your laptop through a wireless card. Pay $10 and watch HBO. Use your imagination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back