Is TV the answer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

G4G5

Advanced
Aug 21, 2002
TV is only the latest fad. Boeing and Lufthansa are now working on the internet.

The G5 I flew had access to every channel, not just the 20+ that Jet Blue use. Getting into the TV game will be easy. Just offer more, the football package on Sundays or a free movie and you have not only entered the market but you have instantly become the one to beat.

The problem is does TV put fannies in the seats. AA offers movies and their is little difference between a repeat of Everybody loves Raymond on Jet Blue or AA. In fact on the red eye transcons I would rather watch a current movie on AA has to offer then an informical on D-TV/JB.

Where do you jump in. For JetBlue now is the time, new aircrafts and free TV. It's a good idea but how would it help AA. We survive on the businessman, they don't care about TV. I flew corporate for years and we had TV, unless it's CNBC, CNNFN or the Masters you will rarely see them sitting down to TV.

TV is only the latest fad. Boeing and Lufthansa are now working on the internet. That's where the money is. Once someone developes a quick internet connect, that's when you will see AA and the other majors jump in. Now they can justify the cost and charge a premium. It's not that far away and TV will come along with the internet.

Then Jetblue get's left behind and someone new has the better mouse trap. That's life.

Was at a party with friends and their trip to Florida came up in conversation. Their travel on JetBlue became the topic. They always bring it up knowing I work for AA. I pointed out to them that American is matching and sometimes beating the JetBlue fares where they compete. They said, yeah, maybe so, but they have TV! Is this the main reason JetBlue is so successful, even more so than cheap fares? If this is all it takes, I'm sure American, as well as most major carriers can install some television system on all their aircraft. Even though JetBlue bought the company, I'm sure Rockwell Collins and Matsu****a can develop a system.

Same people ripping JBLU. Its TV .... its everyday low fares .... its fares that don't get jacked up anytime you ask for service .... its employees who don't want to put customers between their negotiations with managment..... its reliable, friendly service.

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 10/20/2002 12:24:18 PM AirplaneFan wrote:
[P]Same people ripping JBLU. Its TV .... its everyday low fares .... its fares that don't get jacked up anytime you ask for service .... its employees who don't want to put customers between their negotiations with managment..... reliable, friendly service. [/P]
[P]----------------[/P]
[P][FONT size=1]I like the version you get from the employees, yours comes off somewhat lacking in zeal and conviction.[/FONT][/P]
[P][FONT size=1]Nice try, so you get a 3.2...[/FONT][/P]
[P][FONT size=1]<Golf Clap>[/FONT][/P][/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P]

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 10/20/2002 12:24:18 PM AirplaneFan wrote:
[P]Same people ripping JBLU.&nbsp; Its TV .... its everyday low fares .... its fares that don't get jacked up anytime you ask for service .... its employees who don't want to put customers between their negotiations with managment..... its&nbsp; reliable, friendly service. [/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P]Amen Brother, if they have not recognized that yet maybe they've lost touch.[/P]

Status
Not open for further replies.