JetBlue gets a little pro-active to get approval for merger with Spirit

SWAMECH

Veteran
Apr 26, 2005
JetBlue is now making some moves in order to get approved for the merger with Spirit just a couple weeks after getting shot down to do the north east alliance with AA. Selling assets to Frontier might be a very good idea ahead of merger ruling. Just one question on the selling only to Frontier of the LaGuardia assets. Shouldn't that be handled by the DOT/DOJ for airlines to bid for such slots? So all airlines might have a shot?? Just thinking out loud here...

They're not doing this out of the goodness of their heart. They've already been told what they're going to have to give up. If they can get ahead of it and do something before the doj orders it, then they control their destiny. They know Frontier is not a threat.

Even more negative news while JB is trying to buy Spirit, both airlines are affected by the P&W engine issues. What a headache. So was it worth it to go with the AB option instead of keeping it in America with Boeing?? Now you will learn the hard way for going foreign with the A/C purchase.

Even more negative news while JB is trying to buy Spirit, both airlines are affected by the P&W engine issues. What a headache. So was it worth it to go with the AB option instead of keeping it in America with Boeing?? Now you will learn the hard way for going foreign with the A/C purchase.

Hmm. How long was the Max grounded?

Gee two major crashes and a couple of hundred deaths.

And how long was the 787 grounded?

And those are American made.

And it’s the engines, not the plane, and those engines are American made and there are engine choices.

And you do know 40% of an Airbus airplane are American built components and there are Airbus aircraft assembled in the US?

You don’t actually research before you post, do you?

You really make yourself look foolish.

Last edited:
OOPS!!! Someone let the cat out of the bag. JetBlue's own documents show that they WILL raise Spirit's pricing after merger is completed. Just like I said they would have to when they convert all Spirit's seating over to JetBlue's by removing a number of rows. I will say the up to 40% is way larger than I was thinking, more like 15-20% is what I was thinking, but as high as 40%, WOW!!! That a huge jump and is more than likely the nail in the coffin for JetBlue getting blessed for the merger to go thru. The media is running hot this morning with the big mistake by JetBlue's side making the accidental release of this information and will have to TRY some major backpedaling to recover from it...

JB makes moves, as promised, and sell some assets off in hopes of getting approval for merger...

And the media buzz will start to pick up around the JB and Spirit merger court case coming up Oct 16th.
Senators send a question about the fares increasing. How nice. Hey JB will the fare prices increase? Oh NO Senators, we will actually save the flying public money. OH ok, thx., carry on with your merger then... LMAO!

Meanwhile over at SCAMFA...mediation demand after only a year with Sun Country and ZERO TAs for the Spirit group over the same period. This is what happens when you go with amateurs. Stick to raiding...all the hard work is done for you Bret!

• Haha
Reactions: WeAAsles
The end result of all AMFA raids, loss of efficiency in company, loss of specialty shops, outsourcing work, downsize workforce in order to give a base industry wage. Company moles infiltrate the workgroups to make a toxic work environment. In the end when sh!t hits the fan, where a skilled trade is needed, plane is grounded. Economic loss for the company, economic loss for the community and bankruptcy.

Last edited:
Buzz killer for the merger, judge ruling kills merger for JB and Spirit. Now, maybe Frontier can step back in and pick up Spirit at a much-reduced cost than before. Or if Spirit does decide to go the BK route, maybe Frontier could invest enough to take over in case they fail to come out of it. Who knows until it all happens. But now we all move onto the Alaska and Hawaiian possible merger and see what happens there.

Buzz killer for the merger, judge ruling kills merger for JB and Spirit. Now, maybe Frontier can step back in and pick up Spirit at a much-reduced cost than before. Or if Spirit does decide to go the BK route, maybe Frontier could invest enough to take over in case they fail to come out of it. Who knows until it all happens. But now we all move onto the Alaska and Hawaiian possible merger and see what happens there.

Already a thread on this. Pay attention

Way to go Biden admin. You deny a merger so not to take out competition with one of the largest ULCC, and yet it appears they will be out of business and possibly shut down because you blocked said merger. Way to go Biden, once again, you are the winner of something.

Glad to see this. An appeal is in order to follow the agreement, between JB and Spirit, as they need to exercise any and all avenues prior to paying that breakup fee in the contract. I still say JB would be overpaying by a large margin though.
By appealing, maybe Spirit and JB can sell it to another Judge by explaining that Spirit would go away by liquidation if merger not approved, so either way, Spirit would go away. So why not allow the merger and save jobs and people from heartaches and personal BK's? I hope they are successful with the appeal this time around.
JB Mechanics and other non-union groups, you may want to get represented prior to any appeal getting blessed. I know you guys already have a majority of AMFA signed cards, keep those coming in as that would be the quickest way to get represented by a Mechanics Class and Craft Union instead of the flooded industrial unions with all the other NON-class and craft groups being the majority represented. Spirit Mechanics are already represented, so get pro-active and let your voices be heard by getting represented. And, of course it would go so much smoother if both sides were represented by the same union, as AMFA has language for a smooth transition when AMFA represents both carrier Mechanics groups.

Glad to see this. An appeal is in order to follow the agreement, between JB and Spirit, as they need to exercise any and all avenues prior to paying that breakup fee in the contract. I still say JB would be overpaying by a large margin though.
By appealing, maybe Spirit and JB can sell it to another Judge by explaining that Spirit would go away by liquidation if merger not approved, so either way, Spirit would go away. So why not allow the merger and save jobs and people from heartaches and personal BK's? I hope they are successful with the appeal this time around.
JB Mechanics and other non-union groups, you may want to get represented prior to any appeal getting blessed. I know you guys already have a majority of AMFA signed cards, keep those coming in as that would be the quickest way to get represented by a Mechanics Class and Craft Union instead of the flooded industrial unions with all the other NON-class and craft groups being the majority represented. Spirit Mechanics are already represented, so get pro-active and let your voices be heard by getting represented. And, of course it would go so much smoother if both sides were represented by the same union, as AMFA has language for a smooth transition when AMFA represents both carrier Mechanics groups.

An appeal isn’t one Judge. It’s a panel of three and it could go to the full panel of Judges.

Learn the process and learn paragraphs