JetBlue Jumps In With premium Offer For Spirit

swamt

Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
And JB now throws a monkey wrench into the merger of Frontier and Spirit. By outbidding by 700 M for a total of 3.6 Billion, it's a much, much more appealing offer to the shareholders for sure. Interesting to say the least, but JetBlue does not wanna be left out yet again and it shows with their strong bid. They are serious this time around.

JB Mechanics may wanna step up that grass roots effort to bring AMFA in quickly so to be represented fully by the time a merger becomes real. Don't let it go by this time and NOT be represented going thru a merger, look how it has ended in past mergers when no representational entity was representing the members of one side of the two airlines merging. Get AMFA in there now to see that your Class and Craft is represented correctly thru the merger/purchase.

Also wondering if the JB offer now for Spirit goes thru if SWA would not look at Frontier again. I remember last time SWA was entertaining buying Frontier, but the Frontier PIlot's blew that one out of the water with their hard headed demands and requirements. And I very clearly remember SWA saying they would take another look at Frontier at a later date when they really would need more help. Looks like that time could be now, this could get quite interesting indeed...

And JB now throws a monkey wrench into the merger of Frontier and Spirit. By outbidding by 700 M for a total of 3.6 Billion, it's a much, much more appealing offer to the shareholders for sure. Interesting to say the least, but JetBlue does not wanna be left out yet again and it shows with their strong bid. They are serious this time around.

JB Mechanics may wanna step up that grass roots effort to bring AMFA in quickly so to be represented fully by the time a merger becomes real. Don't let it go by this time and NOT be represented going thru a merger, look how it has ended in past mergers when no representational entity was representing the members of one side of the two airlines merging. Get AMFA in there now to see that your Class and Craft is represented correctly thru the merger/purchase.

Also wondering if the JB offer now for Spirit goes thru if SWA would not look at Frontier again. I remember last time SWA was entertaining buying Frontier, but the Frontier PIlot's blew that one out of the water with their hard headed demands and requirements. And I very clearly remember SWA saying they would take another look at Frontier at a later date when they really would need more help. Looks like that time could be now, this could get quite interesting indeed...

Are the mx at spirit, union?
Which unions are at JB?
I know the Spirit iam ramp will go back to non union since the only way there would be a vote is if the iam convinced enuf JB ramp to sign cards. Considering the current strategy by the iam, that is unkilely. The iam merger protection sucks but at least it has a seniority integration that will most likely allow spirit fll to keep their full seniority if they stay in fll.
Spirit ramp will get alot more benefits once JB accretes them.

TWU is organizing the mechanics at jetblue...not AMFA. You'll believe anything Bret tells you.

The other impact for this is going to be the current codeshare (NEA) with American. That was already the subject of a court action, but if this deal goes thru, there's no way the NEA survives, which means AA stands to gets screwed in this deal more than Frontier will be.

Reactions: N288AA and swamt
Are the mx at spirit, union?
Which unions are at JB?
I know the Spirit iam ramp will go back to non union since the only way there would be a vote is if the iam convinced enuf JB ramp to sign cards. Considering the current strategy by the iam, that is unkilely. The iam merger protection sucks but at least it has a seniority integration that will most likely allow spirit fll to keep their full seniority if they stay in fll.
Spirit ramp will get alot more benefits once JB accretes them.
I do not believe they are currently as there is a grass roots effort for AMFA to get enough cards for an election. Link below announces the card drive but AMFA National also has a current update of that ongoing card drive now getting even closer...

I do not believe they are currently as there is a grass roots effort for AMFA to get enough cards for an election. Link below announces the card drive but AMFA National also has a current update of that ongoing card drive now getting even closer...

AMFA has started a grass roots card drive for Dog catchers. So far all they’ve caught is poop.

A couple interesting articles popping up since announcement of merger.
Analyst are spouting off suggesting the JB and Spirit could go thru but with some concessions to do so.

Second article announces that Spirit BOD has agreed to meet and discuss the JetBlue offer to actually go over all the details to se if it really is a superior offer over Frontiers. IF Spirit was to accept the JB offer over the Frontier one, usually clauses for tie ups have rather large teeth for walking away from the first offer, and if that said contract is in fact in place between the Frontier and Spirit groups than they will need to weigh out how much the penalties are to walk away from the first offer as it may cost Spirit and/or JB too much to accept that second offer so we shall see what comes of the meetings between JB and Spirit.

Good timing I say, huh?

Whoever wins the bidding for Spirit will also inherit a brand new maint facility in Houston.
Great time to get some A&P's feet wet with some experience on the heavies. Hire on with Spirit and become, probably, JetBlue if not Frontier. Either way, hire on now, and become a much, much larger airline in no time. Once one of the two mergers are done I expect this new #5 airline to grow even more. Now would be the time to get in or at least your foot in the door, as they say, to get some good quality heavy aircraft maint under their belts...

No mention of when the facility will open, or if this is even a new build.

There are two hangars which might be vacant that I'm aware of, both previously owned by Aramco (a Saudi energy company).

Good timing I say, huh?

Whoever wins the bidding for Spirit will also inherit a brand new maint facility in Houston.
Great time to get some A&P's feet wet with some experience on the heavies. Hire on with Spirit and become, probably, JetBlue if not Frontier. Either way, hire on now, and become a much, much larger airline in no time. Once one of the two mergers are done I expect this new #5 airline to grow even more. Now would be the time to get in or at least your foot in the door, as they say, to get some good quality heavy aircraft maint under their belts...

Perfect timing for Spirit and Frontier as DIA council approves new 18 gate and a maint hangar at DIA. Not so sure if JB can beat that kind of growth or at least to where they can show the added headcounts and positions like Frontier and Spirit just did. Even though JB is offering more $$$ these brand new facilities for both Frontier and Spirit may give a more positive feeling for approval over the JB/Spirit marriage. Maybe Frontier should start selling the fact that the cities will better benefit with their merger with the obvious new growth they can show NOW...

Did you read the fine print on that DEN gate expansion for F9?

Ground level boarding. No jetbridges.

I worked for an airline that did ground level boarding at their biggest hub. Can't wait to hear how many customers slip and fall during the winter months between snow/ice on the stairs and glycol on the ramp.

Not to mention the rainy and windy days as well. You know how bad women hate the winds with their hair all done up for those meetings. I did read it, but you get what you pay for. They will probably have covered walk ways out to and from aircraft, if not it will not go over well with the passengers for sure.

And there again JB gets left out of the merger games. JetBlue's offer is rejected and Spirit will now move forward with Frontiers bid to merge...

They did E, but they only added 2 changes and it didn't include more $$$ up front. They added a 200 million payment if it does not go thru and they added that they are more than willing to give up concessions if requested in order to get it done. I am only going with what I have read so far if you have more pls share as I do not subscribe (rather free or not) to anything just to read articles. Hopefully below articles goes thru. I am surprised that Frontier didn't even throw out a counter to the 3.6 Billion of JB's, they basically just sat and waited for a Spirit review and decision, interesting, maybe they knew the JB/AA hook up was way more contentious being all stirred up within the merger...