JetBlue Jumps In With premium Offer For Spirit

Not to say that JB could not throw another increased offer out there, or at leased an improved offer, but I still thick the biggest hold up (as far as Spirit is concerned) is that NEA agreement with AA. If they keep glued to that agreement so strong they will not get approved by the BOD at Spirit. And as the article below indicates, it is odd to ask the DOJ to bless something when you just made a large agreement with a big legacy carrier and turn around and make an offer to remove the last long standing ULCC (Spirit) That speaks volumes and volumes of ANTI-competitive actions. And I am sure JB does in fact want to buy Spirit, and very well may make a better offer to try and get that done, but I still see it as Spirit does and it would be extremely hard to get it all approved by the gov...

If I am not mistaken this was the third time JB got left out of the merger seen (could be second but not sure). Maybe JB can throw an offer bid out to Sun Country or someone else to mill over since JB is now in the merger mood...

And now a HOSTILE take over bid. JB is determined not to get left out. Just not to sure if their message will get heard. I mean how can shareholders really believe that if they vote NO now, that JB and Spirit could return to the table (with a lower offer than before) but all cash and get approval by regulators who are already facing suit against the JB/AA agreement? I see a more easily attained merger with Frontier. Getting more interesting...

Conventional wisdom is that the deal with AA is dead if the Biden Admin does a review.

This is Jetblue's insurance policy for if/when that ruling comes down. Spirit's been quite vocal in their opposition to it. This kills two birds with one bid.

Agree, I too believe the AA/JB deal will die when they do a thorough review.

Breaking News:

JetBlue, all of a sudden, hires Ellen Ham as new VP of Labor Relations.
Very convenient when the Mechanics and MC's are soon to be getting enough cards for a possible vote for representation from AMFA. JetBlue Mechanics and MC's may wanna step it up a bit like the Spirit Mechanics did PRIOR to a merger. Especially now that JB is getting even more aggressive with their desire to purchase Spirit and STOP the Frontier/Spirit merger. If JB could get on the ball and get enough cards from the groups it would be very beneficial and a much much smoother transition if BOTH carrier were represented by the same AMFA union that would better fit the Class and Craft of Mechanics and Related.
Good luck to all involved. I guess with all the pick up in the workgroups at JB wanting union representation the co. sees a need for a new VP of Labor Relations...

Spirit again REJECTS JetBlue's 2nd hostile offer to merge with Spirt. Frontier applauds Spirits BOD for requesting shareholders to REJECT the JB offer and accept the Frontier merger.
I will never claim to know how these mergers will end up when it comes down to the shareholders, but it does appear it will be 100% up to the shareholders vote @ Spirit. The waiting period for this vote to be tallied will be tense to say the least for Spirit and Frontier's BOD's...

So, not really sure of the ISS move here. They recommend not voting for the Frontier offer, and at same time can't say to go with the improved/enhanced JetBlue offer either. But to simply nego a better break up fee? Not very smart advice. I really don't see the benefit of doing that...

And BAM!!! JetBlue gets real serious and last minute before shareholders vote. Now JB means business, if I read the highlights correctly, this latest offer by JB is sure to tickle the brains of the shareholders, now it's getting interesting 10 fold...

And the suit moves forward per Judge. But no court dates until Sep. that'll be after the BOD vote.

So is it really a "superior" proposal? Brooke brings up some interesting and good points about reading between the lines of this new offer from JB. See video below. So is the OG offer of 33 off the table now or not? One has to wonder, and, is the up front payment really allowed to even get paid?? I was wondering why the all of a sudden increase by 150 million for a brake up fee was by so much in the very beginning...

First time I have ever heard that JetBlue would be willing to forgo the NEA if needed to get JB/Spirit merger done. If they would simply put that in the agreement, as Spirit already said they wanted, it would be a no brainer the BOD would vote in favor of a JB/Spirit merger with the new offer in place...

Now JB very confident and moving forward with integration plans.

It appears that the Spirit Leaders are more interested in Frontier deal still, even after JB's increased offer. Interesting as a JB merger would give them a larger % of market share (3-5%) Of course this is the Spirit BOD speaking out, just curious how the shareholders are thinking. Will they want a fast return or a wait it out possible higher return later, we shall see come end of month...

And JetBlue throws another revised bid out to Spirit shareholders increasing the original $2 bucks per share up to 33.5 per share, highest offer per share to date. JB isn't messing around and doesn't want to be left out of any mergers this time around...