Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
EYW
Visit site
----------------
On 4/16/2003 11:05:58 AM A77IGW wrote:

It does no good to anyone when we bash eachother
----------------

Sure it does. That's how the "company" wins votes, by instigating the infighting amongst the unions and it's membership. There is power in dissention. If the workers turn their backs on, and loose trust in their union representatives, who is left for them to turn to? The "company". Looks like it's working.

Same old story, everybody likes to benenfit from months of negotiations but when the company comes to the union with a gun to their head saying get your people to take this or we will take more later what are they really negotiating. If APFA didn''t agree to the T/A initially they were still threatening to declare BK. I don''t think we really know all the facts yet and yes this was a very un-smooth voting process, but I''m willing to give our team the benefit of the doubt.

all i am saying wing and a prayer is that only I can change how I act to other employees. I can not control what others do but i will not bash another work group again it does no good. If we all start to try and change we will be better.

Just a question to the AA flight attendants out there. Please correct me if I am wrong but didnt you all praise John Ward and say he was the best thing to ever happen to the APFA when he got the industry leading contract for all of you. If he did well by you the first time, than why dont you stick by him and trust that he will do well by you again. Trust me he hates management more than anyone I know and I dont think he is taking side of management just to spite you all. I am not trying to pick a fight I am just trying to be better informed.

I have made some clueless and off base statements on this board and I will from now on try to refrain from bashing any work group. It does no good to anyone when we bash eachother. Please give me the second chance to be a better informed poster. I want to see your side of it and I wish for you to see my side of it in an adult and mature manner

funny how people who could have been Mr. or Ms. APFA 2003 two days ago are now throwing their union pins away. i guess loyalties can change fast. for the life of me, i cannot understand why someone would give up on APFA so fast. if you don''t like it, work to change it, but to swear it off all together at this point seems a little hasty.

----------------
On 4/16/2003 12:52:00 PM s80dude wrote:

funny how people who could have been Mr. or Ms. APFA 2003 two days ago are now throwing their union pins away. i guess loyalties can change fast. for the life of me, i cannot understand why someone would give up on APFA so fast. if you don''t like it, work to change it, but to swear it off all together at this point seems a little hasty.

----------------​
Hasty? The APFA is supposed to represent me not AMR. The revote is wrong. My loyalties have always been to my co-workers that I see everyday on the line. Not some pin. I am ashamed of APFA for creating this situation. No one should change their vote. No one. Let the first and right vote stand.
Lily

SENT VIA FACSIMILE

April 16, 2003
Lorraine Mase-Hecker, Director
Employee Policy and Relations
American Airlines
P.O. Box 619616, MD 5235
DFW Airport, Texas 75261-9616
Dear Lorraine,
We have received numerous reports of widespread Company interference and coercion in the ongoing ratification process since the determination was made to extend the APFA balloting period through 5:00 p.m. Central Time on April 16.

The Company's actions violate the rights of APFA and the flight attendants it represents under the Railway Labor Act and are directlyundermining the ratification balloting. As I informed you last night, this conduct must stop immediately.
We have been deluged with complaints from flight attendants expressing outrage at the Company’s involvement in the Union’s internal voting process and at the pressure tactics being employed by the Company. Once again, the Company is showing total disrespect for the flight attendants and for their designated bargaining representative. And once again, the Company has demonstrated its ability to shoot itself in the foot. In simple terms, we are insisting that the Company BACK OFF AND STAY OUT OF OUR VOTING PROCESS.
Sincerely,
John Ward
cc: APFA Executive Committee
APFA Board of Directors

I have never seen such a "professional" letter in my life!

Professional letter and impeccable timing. He sent it this late this afternoon, at approx 3PM.