Just a "Little" Lie

Might see that sooner than you think. <_<

But you got to appreciate the classic twu show going on here with Little. The first thing to be leaked out of negotiations is done by Little and it's bad news. Makes up this stuff about the retirement medical, knowing that it will scare all the oldtimers, just so Little the savior can come in later and say, "sure we didn't get anything, but we fought real hard to keep what was important--the retirement medical." I don't think Sue Gordon knows how much she just undermined the twu and their whole negotiation strategy. :up: :up:
I think she does :shock:

I think she does :shock:

I too would find it difficult to believe Sue Gordon had no clue as to her statement's impact.

Perhaps the company has had enough of Little Jimmy Hitler also?

BTW - where does one sign for the independent union? I'm ready. When do the planning sessions start?

We have to remember what killed amfa at TULE in last year's go-round (aside from the dead people and other lies from the company and company union) - many non-certificated people work there also and aren't interested in hearing how elite an aircraft mechanic is. They simply want a share of the pie also. The idea is to hold the company's feet to the fire and not establish an aristocracy in the various work groups.

I too would find it difficult to believe Sue Gordon had no clue as to her statement's impact.

Perhaps the company has had enough of Little Jimmy Hitler also?

BTW - where does one sign for the independent union? I'm ready. When do the planning sessions start?

We have to remember what killed amfa at TULE in last year's go-round (aside from the dead people and other lies from the company and company union) - many non-certificated people work there also and aren't interested in hearing how elite an aircraft mechanic is. They simply want a share of the pie also. The idea is to hold the company's feet to the fire and not establish an aristocracy in the various work groups.
Yeah, you're right about Gordon...

I completely agree with you regarding the elitist union, as the same holds true with title 2. Once something gets to the planning stage, I'll be sure to let you know where, when, etc...

Oh, I know they knew the impact. The cynic in me says that AA decided to take a clean shot in retribution for suspending Conley for telling the truth.... ;)

Oh, I know they knew the impact. The cynic in me says that AA decided to take a clean shot in retribution for suspending Conley for telling the truth.... ;)

Conley committed a DFR violation in the due course of representing, as an Agent with Fiduciary Duties, his responsibility to negotiate the best possible deal for the individual and totality of the membership under his control.

The TWU has testified, and been adjudicated to be true, that they have the absolute right to agree to any terms of a CBA without ratification absent a first contract.

The TWU has insisted and performed the removal of any employee covered by TWU Contracts from employment by AA for refusal to pay dues.

The TWU has lied to the membership, in conjunction with statements made by AA, to disenfranchise the ability of employees in the determination of their representation.

This is all a smokescreen, on behalf of the TWU and AA, preventing a lawsuit citing the collusion of the TWU and AA as a finding of fact resulting in judgement against the TWU for a failure to represent.

Nice try protecting the many Manchurian Candidates purchased by the millions AA pays to TWU representatives that do not come to work.

Conley committed a DFR violation in the due course of representing, as an Agent with Fiduciary Duties, his responsibility to negotiate the best possible deal for the individual and totality of the membership under his control.

This is all a smokescreen, on behalf of the TWU and AA, preventing a lawsuit citing the collusion of the TWU and AA as a finding of fact resulting in judgement against the TWU for a failure to represent.
Good point, I guess we have two choices: sue or remove them. It's cheaper to remove them than to pay the lawyer fees for the lawsuit. <_<

Except for one little fact... he wasn't representing AA's employees. He was participating in a panel discussion on how labor can best deal with global outsourcing. Had this taken place in the due course of negotiations, perhaps you'd have a valid point.

Yeah, you're right about Gordon...

I completely agree with you regarding the elitist union, as the same holds true with title 2. Once something gets to the planning stage, I'll be sure to let you know where, when, etc...

Mr. Amfaman, thank you.

Except for one little fact... he wasn't representing AA's employees. He was participating in a panel discussion on how labor can best deal with global outsourcing. Had this taken place in the due course of negotiations, perhaps you'd have a valid point.
Wrong again, according to the TWU anything an officer says, at any time and in any forum, he says as a TWU officer, so if he says anything that could harm the International, or something they simply dont agree with they feel they have the right to remove them. The International didnt even go that far, all they did was change his asignment-he is still on the payroll. In this case he was "John Conley, representative of the TWU", thats why he was there, if he was just an employee at AA he wouldnt have been there, so he was not there as simply a private citizen but as a representative of the TWU. His comments were as spokesman for the TWU.

Wrong again, according to the TWU anything an officer says, at any time and in any forum, he says as a TWU officer, so if he says anything that could harm the International, or something they simply dont agree with they feel they have the right to remove them. The International didnt even go that far, all they did was change his asignment-he is still on the payroll. In this case he was "John Conley, representative of the TWU", thats why he was there, if he was just an employee at AA he wouldnt have been there, so he was not there as simply a private citizen but as a representative of the TWU. His comments were as spokesman for the TWU.

eolesen wasn't addressing the right of the TWU to take action against Conley, eolesen was responding to the incorrect legal conclusion posted by Boomer - that Conley had committed actionable failure to exercise his duty of fair representation. As a legal matter, it's unlikely that a DFR violation occurred.

eolesen wasn't addressing the right of the TWU to take action against Conley, eolesen was responding to the incorrect legal conclusion posted by Boomer - that Conley had committed actionable failure to exercise his duty of fair representation. As a legal matter, it's unlikely that a DFR violation occurred.
If a lawyer steped off the steps of the courthouse and said to reporters he thinks his client is guilty do you think he would be guilty of voilating his duties as the accused's lawyer? Some may claim "He was just telling the truth", but if thats the case then its safe to assume that the accused is not being fairly represented.

There's a pretty broad difference between DFR and attorney-client privilege...

Go read a transcript or description of the entire exchange, or talk to people who were in the audience (which I did), and maybe you'll see why I and many others see this as a typical uninformed knee-jerk reaction to a soundbyte. In context, it's nowhere near as damning as y'all make it out to be.