JUST IN - AS FA'S RATIFY CONTRACT - READ THE PAY RATES!

Toothy Grin

Advanced
Mar 31, 2008
I was just sent a text that said Alaska Airlines FA's ratified a contract just hours ago...all over the news services....choke on the pay rates

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/alaska-airlines-flight-attendants-ratify-223200213.html

10 fa current $39.02  DOS 47.46

17 fa current $52.52 DOS 59.95 +4 = $61.77

They also have PROFIT SHARING!  WHAT??? HOW CAN THIS BE?  http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/alaska-airlines-flight-attendants-ratify-new-four-year-contract-56787327.html 

Wasn't someone else singing the praises of their unsung hero Laura Glading???

Toothy, even the 45 year FA ends up slightly below the 13 year AA FA at the end of the TA before the arbitrators gutted the pay scale.  Glading and the rest of the negotiating team did quite well.

Today is the meeting between APFA and DP about possibly restoring the pay to our contract.  I hope to hear good news by the time I get to LAX tonight.

MK

Reactions: 2 people
I heard on the Bookface it is better to wait 45 years to reach top out pay with longevity instead of a very long 13 years at AA.

IORFA said:
I heard on the Bookface it is better to wait 45 years to reach top out pay with longevity instead of a very long 13 years at AA.
IORFA, I got the news I wanted to hear as we taxiied out on 181 JFK-LAX.  I don't even want to argue.  I was sick to my stomach when 82 million was flushed down the toilet and now I'm so happy I'll even kiss a no voter (provided I can pick which one).

MK

Reactions: 4 people
kirkpatrick said:
IORFA, I got the news I wanted to hear as we taxiied out on 181 JFK-LAX.  I don't even want to argue.  I was sick to my stomach when 82 million was flushed down the toilet and now I'm so happy I'll even kiss a no voter (provided I can pick which one).

MK
I was pleasantly surprised Parker is trying to make a fresh start. I tried to temper my expectations today, but was totally stoked to hear we got the extra cash. Totally made my day! You may have been sick to your stomach, I was dumbfounded and pissed. In the end, we did pretty well and I couldn't be happier!!!

Reactions: 1 person
happy for you guys, unfortunately the company hates maintenance and has done absolutely NOTHING to improve out lot!  

Reactions: 1 person
Well, I will eat crow for you guys.  I was wrong.  Congrats on the added pay for all the F/A's. I honestly did not think Parker would do it.  My hat off to LG for still willing to pursue it.  Still wish you  guys could have had the PS too.  Again congrats to all for the added pay increases...

Reactions: 2 people

Latest posts