Justplanenews.com Shut Down!

barbeetantrums said:
Oh stop being a ninny for cryin' out loud!!! It wasn't run by AWA or US Airways! Good grief! :rant:
[post="305923"][/post]​

hence, the monicker barbbeetantrums, lol

Thanks for all the hard work over the years!!!! :up: :up: Most realize it was not easy, JPN happened to be a fine source of info on US!!

barbeetantrums said:
:rant: www.justplanenews.com shut down permanently! Did they announce that beforehand?! What they need is a stiff kick in the butt, I tellya! What the f*$# is that about?! :rant:
[post="305916"][/post]​

It was a necessary step to smooth the UCT of USAirways purchasing the assets of Ted.

:lol: :shock: :up:

nycbusdriver said:
It was a necessary step to smooth the UCT of USAirways purchasing the assets of Ted.

:lol: :shock: :up:
[post="306007"][/post]​

shhhhhhhhh! Nobody was supposed to know about TED yet...

singh4us said:
FYI, jsutplanesnews.com was started by Jerry Gobin, an US employee in MCO. The site just celebrated it's four year anniversary on September 13th and was funded through donations and personal funds of the webmaster. Jerry was on vacation in LAS until September 26th as noted on the site before the shut down.
There was no notice given to the readership regarding the site's closure. I haven't any idea why it was discontinued. Just prior to Jerry going on vacation, he had posted and sent PM to members stating that we all needed to get along. Perhaps he felt it necessary to shut the site down to keep the peace. ???

JustPlaneNews will indeed be missed by all. :(
[post="305937"][/post]​
I was just as suprised as any one a few min. ago about this. I have sopke with Jerry on other occasions. I do know it was time consuming. He spent 3-4 hours of his personal time on this...Jerry if you read this thread please reconsider......

singh4us said:
FYI, jsutplanesnews.com was started by Jerry Gobin, an US employee in MCO. The site just celebrated it's four year anniversary on September 13th and was funded through donations and personal funds of the webmaster. Jerry was on vacation in LAS until September 26th as noted on the site before the shut down.
There was no notice given to the readership regarding the site's closure. I haven't any idea why it was discontinued. Just prior to Jerry going on vacation, he had posted and sent PM to members stating that we all needed to get along. Perhaps he felt it necessary to shut the site down to keep the peace. ???

JustPlaneNews will indeed be missed by all. :(
[post="305937"][/post]​

justplanenews wasn't negative or divisive. Don't get it. He could have just shut down the message board if he was worried about "the peace". :unsure:

barbeetantrums said:
justplanenews wasn't negative or divisive. Don't get it. He could have just shut down the message board if he was worried about "the peace". :unsure:
[post="306047"][/post]​

I believe it was more of a funding and "time" kind of thing, barbee. He put a great deal of his own time and money into it, and like unprofitable routes, it was time for it to be shed before he lost even more time and money.

Dont get me wrong, it was a wonderful site, and will be missed, but it couldnt reallyl make a go of it with just one mans labor and financial backing.

barbeetantrums said:
:rant: www.justplanenews.com shut down permanently! Did they announce that beforehand?! What they need is a stiff kick in the butt, I tellya! What the f*$# is that about?! :rant:
[post="305916"][/post]​
Me thinks someone needs to step away from her computer for awhile and perhaps seek professional counseling.

Internet Addiction

I enjoyed reading jpn. in the email i received, they shut it down after one person offered to help restructure it but backed down, two others didnt want to do it due to the problems they had with the site, and some hp employees felt it was harsh on their airline while not so on the US side, however I have seen both sides to it. i will indeed miss it they also couldnt get enough financial support for the site

robbedagain said:
I enjoyed reading jpn. in the email i received, they shut it down after one person offered to help restructure it but backed down, two others didnt want to do it due to the problems they had with the site, and some hp employees felt it was harsh on their airline while not so on the US side, however I have seen both sides to it. i will indeed miss it they also couldnt get enough financial support for the site
[post="306088"][/post]​

How was it harsh on HP? That makes no sense, whatsoever. WTF? Someone help me out here.

barbeetantrums said:
I think what you need is a kick in the crotch. :bleh:
[post="306073"][/post]​
LMAO....

Anger management classes would no doubt be beneficial.

straight_jacket.jpg

Latest posts