Justplanenews.com Shut Down!

jpn's was a very informative site for u employees. I didn't know Jerry personally, but had sent him several e mails and some donations because I think he was doing a very good job spending most of his time and money on the site. instead of criticizing him and his site, people should be thanking him for all the time and effort he put into it. I am sure this is a very big load off his shoulders . If he reads this, I wish him the very best and thank him for the good reading time he gave us the past several years. Jerry,go and enjoy your family now and ignore some of these negative post about you. Life is way to short to have them bother you! You were great. and thank you. rjc :up:

I dont know how it was mean to HP but from the email i was given, it said that several HP employees said that it was mean to the HP airline and may be the employees but I dont know because I have never seen anything that would be or indicate harsh. may be someone from hp can enlightened us on it

tug_slug said:
LMAO....

Anger management classes would no doubt be beneficial.

View attachment 3372
[post="306096"][/post]​

Have you ever seen the coyote in the desert? Watching, tuned in, completely aware. Christ on the cross, the coyote in the desert - it's the same thing, man. The
coyote is beautiful. You learn from the coyote just like you can
learn from a child. A baby is born into this world in a state of
fear. Total paranoia and awareness. He sees the world with eyes not
used yet. As he grows up, his parents lay all this stuff on him. They
tell him, when they should be letting him tell them. Let the children
lead you.

The death trip is something they pick up from their parents, mama
and papa. They don't have to die. You can live forever. It's all
been put in your head. They program him by withholding love. They
make him into a mechanical toy. "I am a mechanical boy/I am my mother's
toy."

robbedagain said:
I dont know how it was mean to HP but from the email i was given, it said that several HP employees said that it was mean to the HP airline and may be the employees but I dont know because I have never seen anything that would be or indicate harsh. may be someone from hp can enlightened us on it
[post="306250"][/post]​

As a now former AWA employee, I never read anything of such nature on justplanenews.com. Whoever from AWA stated such a thing should get a life.

barbeetantrums said:
As a now former AWA employee, I never read anything of such nature on justplanenews.com. Whoever from AWA stated such a thing should get a life.
[post="306254"][/post]​
thanks for clearing it up. I wasnt sure if anyone on HP side had read it or anything. I always enjoyed it but never found anything that would be harsh on them

robbedagain said:
thanks for clearing it up. I wasnt sure if anyone on HP side had read it or anything. I always enjoyed it but never found anything that would be harsh on them
[post="306273"][/post]​

All it contained were links to articles and what not. The message board was just as venomous as any other but with much less traffic. The messages there were negative and ugly but not focused in any general direction, much like a shotgun blast. Just shut down the bulletin board if that is the problem. Guess some are just more easily offended than others. I used it to stay updated on news from Pittsburgh and other locales.

does anyone find it disconcerting that after a trip to vegas JPN was shut down presumably due to lack of funding. :unsure: it was a great site and will be missed.

Hey everyone...

Just setting the record straight. First I did not close the web site down due to funding, if so it would have been closed a long time ago. Before I left for Vegas, I had a story about AmWest manual weight & balance vs US Airways computerized and was jumped on by AmWest employees about who's system was better. This went on for a day until I removed the story from the site.

While returning from Vegas, I thought hey AWA has a flight direct to MCO while I was checking in I asked the US Airways agent if she thought they would give us a non-rev ticket to get on their flight to MCO, she told me that I would have to go through the pass desk for that, never once asking an AWA agents.

That made me realized, what is really changing with the merger, additudes remain pretty much the same, where not gaining any money or cheaper benefits, jobs are still being farmed out (exp - Announced today, ACT will now do heavy maintenance on A330).

This may not seem to be a good enough reason to shut down a web site, but I was also spending a lot of time searching for news items 7 days a week 3 to 4 hours a day.

So I want to thank everyone for their postings and emails but felt that the web site had completed its job and was time to close.

Jerry,

Your site was awesome and it was a plethera of information, I hope you reconsider.

And PM me if you want to restart it and need help.

barbeetantrums said:
:rant: www.justplanenews.com shut down permanently! Did they announce that beforehand?! What they need is a stiff kick in the butt, I tellya! What the f*$# is that about?! :rant:
[post="305916"][/post]​
:mf_boff: :mf_boff: :mf_boff:

JerryG said:
Hey everyone...

Just setting the record straight. First I did not close the web site down due to funding, if so it would have been closed a long time ago. Before I left for Vegas, I had a story about AmWest manual weight & balance vs US Airways computerized and was jumped on by AmWest employees about who's system was better. This went on for a day until I removed the story from the site.

This may not seem to be a good enough reason to shut down a web site, but I was also spending a lot of time searching for news items 7 days a week 3 to 4 hours a day.

So I want to thank everyone for their postings and emails but felt that the web site had completed its job and was time to close.
[post="306479"][/post]​

Thanks Jerry for all the info in the past and you will INDEED be missed! I talked to a buddy in CLT today and told him the news and he was upset also. We all appreaciated your hard work and I guess just figured someone else would contribute. I'm sure everyone would kick in some bucks and make it actually profitable for you if you would reconsider. :) Thanks again for a great website!

barbeetantrums said:
Oh stop being a ninny for cryin' out loud!!! It wasn't run by AWA or US Airways! Good grief! :rant:
[post="305923"][/post]​
Maybe the lawyers served copyright infringement threats

As a old AWA employee and a former US employee I am sorry to see it close. Dont let a few keep you from doing a great service to the reset . Dont let the minority run the show, that happens to much in companies.

Latest posts