l-AA Airbus coming to BOS

Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Apparently the l-AA Airbus fleet is coming here starting next month. Nothing to get too excited about, just the 32S initially on one MIA turn. Ramp crews are being trained. Hoping to see the 321T to LAX (especially with B6 Mint coming) and 319 to SFO (resumption after four year hiatus).

Josh

Legacy AA. BOS hasn't seen scheduled S80s since 09/2010, 738 is the backbone of the operation with a few 757s in the mix to DFW/MIA.

Josh

Initially it will only be AA 1185 MIA-BOS-MIA. I flew one a few weeks ago DFW-LAX in the small FC cabin it's nothing to seek out, the 738 is still better IMO.

Josh

the last thing AA needs in BOS is the 321T. yields from BOS to LAX are already well below JFK-LAX and based on B6's comments, they have been very successful with Mint.

It is entirely possible that they are creating new premium cabin demand but the chances are very high that they are pulling passengers off of other carriers that have heavy premium cabin demand.

AA does not need B6 Mint or A321Ts in BOS.

321T isn't coming to LAXBOS.

PMAA configured 319 isn't going to run trans-cons from anywhere.

B6 does not offer Mint on BOSLAX. 

I can accept those comments, MAH.

but tell me why US would be tapped to fly LAXRDU- and based on your statement might be tapped to do other markets - but AA would not on the same aircraft?

btw, I would say that the chances are quite high that B6 will expand Mint to BOS and FLL. based on what they have said, it has been instrumental in pushing their profit margins up everywhere it has been used.

it is essentially a 320 (same size) in the back with a premium cabin added to the front at minimal incremental costs but much higher ability to generate revenue.

WT, I think the reason we won't see the A321T on BOS-LAX is simpler:  the subfleet is only 17 and it would stretch things too thin to try to expand them to other markets without adding more to the fleet.  With three galleys and the cabin and lav placement it's an expensive conversion to add or take away.

MK

WorldTraveler said:
I can accept those comments, MAH.

but tell me why US would be tapped to fly LAXRDU- and based on your statement might be tapped to do other markets - but AA would not on the same aircraft?

btw, I would say that the chances are quite high that B6 will expand Mint to BOS and FLL. based on what they have said, it has been instrumental in pushing their profit margins up everywhere it has been used.

it is essentially a 320 (same size) in the back with a premium cabin added to the front at minimal incremental costs but much higher ability to generate revenue.

US A319s are more appropriately configured for a trans-con with 12F. 

I agree the Mint product is likely to expand to BOS and South Florida. If jetBlue is smart, it puts it on MIA-LAX to steal premium traffic on the route, which is probably the most heavily traveled paid trans-con market outside of JFKLAX and JFKSFO. 

Virgin has struggled in FLL for the exact reason of its stubbornness in insisting to use FLL over MIA. Not only is not convenient for the premium traffic in South Florida, the airport is devoid of modern facilities. 

Mark you don't see AA operating even one frequency with the 321T? I think 222/143 work work well, those are the flights that have had the 763 before.

Josh

Back