Lakefield August 19 Letter

Because maybe he views it as better that some jobs survive than no jobs survive? It's a reasonable view. The choice here is between everyone losing their job and some people losing their job (or part of their pay).

It's doubtful Bronner wanted to pay Siegel and Cohen what they got. No, it's not fair. They did a poor job and were rewarded for it. But nothing can be done about it now. So you want to kill US Airways in protest? A worse-than-empty gesture that won't trouble Siegel and Cohen in the slightest?

They say the best revenge is living well. That seems a laughable prospect at this stage. But in many ways, the best revenge against Siegel and Cohen would be to turn this sucker around and make it fly. People would note that you succeeded where they failed--and that would make them look bad.

Siegel's reputation has already suffered damage. But right now he's probably rooting for the company to self-immolate, because then he can say "see, it wasn't my fault, the unions and the employees were nuts".

Trin03 said:
Why would any decent human being with even a once of compassion ask employees to basically swallow the bitter pill and live in poverty with their families? I take offense to the fact that he wants decent hardworking people to Not put their kids through college, to NOT be able to afford to clothe and feed themselves and families and to live at the poverty line OR below it to save a company that has consistently allowed upper management to "rape" the pockets of those they serve?
[post="170716"][/post]​

vc10 said:
Yep, and if US Airways had America West's costs, then maybe doing the America West thing would work. So maybe management should be trying to get America West's costs. Oh wait, that's right, they ARE trying to get down to America West's costs.

Hmmm, maybe they're not so stupid after all.
[post="170833"][/post]​

I have to say that I agree with this. How can any U employee expect to make significantly more than employees at HP? I just don't see it.

Yes, the economy in this country is broken.

etops1 said:
you guys better all wake up and smell the coffee. get your s##t together or you won't be having jobs in the next few months. take it how you want too. this is getting out of hand. employees jobs are at stake. i really shouldn't care cause i left and went back to school. but i do . i care for this company and i care for the employees. i have made many many friends at airways in the 9 yrs i was there. it would be a shame for them to lose their jobs over stubborness. !!!!
[post="170745"][/post]​

Give me a break!!

THIS IS NOT ABOUT BEING Stubborn--what rock are you creeping out of?

Hullooo..haven't you heard the golden parachutes the Ex's in the [past WALKED AWAY WITH??]l

We keep giving and giving into their threats and demands-what the hell are we working for?

I don't know about your situation ,however I DO WANT MY RETIREMENT>>.

PS.Have another job interview on wednesday! :up:

vc10 said:
Yep, and if US Airways had America West's costs, then maybe doing the America West thing would work. So maybe management should be trying to get America West's costs. Oh wait, that's right, they ARE trying to get down to America West's costs.

Hmmm, maybe they're not so stupid after all.
[post="170833"][/post]​

vc10,

Don't know who you are or if you work for U, but I can assure you that OUR proposals that are being presented BY the company are not near what America West has...

For example: The company proposed that the f/as "top out" vacation is 21 days. America West "top out" vacation is 35 days.

America West is presently in contract negotiations. I am in contact with their MEC President and they are getting improvements to their work rules and RAISES!!!

If they get a raise, and we stay where we are crrently at in wage, the gap will be almost closed. Plus, U has proposed amendable dates to 2012 for all labor contracts.

So, this goes far beyond any ATSB. NO RAISES FOR 8 YEARS PLUS A WAGE CUT NOW.

Yea, ah, huh, America West cost structure my butt! :angry: Only in our dreams.

PitBull:

You and I have seen this before and both the company and the union(s) offers were openers. There is room for the company and the union(s) to reach a consensus and I believe it's around the America West contract(s).

Regards,

USA320Pilot

USA320,

Openers yes, I understand openers.

However the Company's counter for both ALPA and AFA should NOT have gone up in "cost targets". Wouldn't you agree?

What point does it make for the company to add more cost savings on counter proposals? That is NOT bargaining in good faith specifically with a "drop dead date".

The company told both ALPA and AFA that they would not gear our cost savings and compare with America West wage and work rules. WEll, they finally told the truth...

ITS MUCH MUCH LOWER.

PITbull said:
However the Company's counter for both ALPA and AFA should NOT have gone up in "cost targets". Wouldn't you agree?

What point does it make for the company to add more cost savings on counter proposals? That is NOT bargaining in good faith specifically with a "drop dead date".

The company told both ALPA and AFA that they would not gear our cost savings and compare with America West wage and work rules. WEll, they finally told the truth...

ITS MUCH MUCH LOWER.
[post="171362"][/post]​

Gotta to make up for the IAM's non-participation! :oops:

700UW said:
Gotta to make up for the IAM's non-participation! :oops:
[post="171380"][/post]​

I don't think it has anything to do with IAM. Its just pure greed on managment part and a scheme to have the agreements fail so a creditor can force U into BK.
Period.

If the co. attempts to abrogate, they may meet the same fate as the United BK judge who has had quite enough with the United management and is threatening the UNITED management to make peace with labor or else.

Read the Chicago Tribune, Aug 21.