Latest Information on Flight Attendant Uniforms

TheNewLowFare

Senior
Aug 31, 2005
This information came from Bob, one of the uniform committee regarding the uniforms.

"Latest that we heard, the marketing team went shopping for suggestive off the rack items in NY and the PHX area. They have also contacted Banana Republic and Nordstroms to see if they would be interested in creating a line of uniforms for US Airways. In addition, they are seeking possible designers, and potential vendors to see if they would be intersted in creating a line of uniforms."

Bob is also looking into some information. He came across a flight crew in YVR at our hotel who work for Zoom airlines, a low cost, business casual company. They had very stylish uniforms and they looked awesome. They were black in color, and wore a striking blue shirt with either a scarf or no scarf. The men were also in black, no tie and the male FA told me that his uniform was a Hugo Boss knock off, very comfortable and stylish.

Here is a picture of Zoom Airlines Flight Attendants (A Low cost international carrier in Canada)

photo_careers.jpg

This information came from Bob, one of the uniform committee regarding the uniforms.
"Latest that we heard, the marketing team went shopping for suggestive off the rack items in NY and the PHX area. They have also contacted Banana Republic and Nordstroms to see if they would be interested in creating a line of uniforms for US Airways. In addition, they are seeking possible designers, and potential vendors to see if they would be intersted in creating a line of uniforms."

Bob is also looking into some information. He came across a flight crew in YVR at our hotel who work for Zoom airlines, a low cost, business casual company. They had very stylish uniforms and they looked awesome. They were black in color, and wore a striking blue shirt with either a scarf or no scarf. The men were also in black, no tie and the male FA told me that his uniform was a Hugo Boss knock off, very comfortable and stylish.
Here is a picture of Zoom Airlines Flight Attendants (A Low cost international carrier in Canada)
photo_careers.jpg

Suggestive uniforms?? :shock: :shock: :lol:

Do the uniforms need to be unique to USAirways. Could we just "steal" the design we like and move on?

Just surf the net and you can find ready made stuff that would look better than the "designs" the uniform company came up with. Just check out some different clothing companies online, select what you want, and get the company to go to them with a big order and see what happens. I'd be willing to bet that they could tweak some of the ready made things (materials, certain colors and added logos) if they knew they could get a big order out of it. Why the need to get designers involved?

I don't think they'll hire a designer, but i think they'd probably hire a retail company to re-design the uniforms instead of hiring a very cheap vendor.
I think hiring Banana Republic or Nordstrom is a good idea and I like their material and their clothes. It may not be Richard Tyler or Kate Spade, but I think they are low-cost enough and can create a professional looking business casual uniforms. I don't want cheap uniforms sorry.

How about LL Bean? Quality, Service, Excellent Reputation.
:ph34r:
:down: :down: :down: LL Bean... YIKES, Horribly fitting clothes and so BORING. Spend a little change, hire an up and coming designer and do something unique for once in the COMPANYS history. Help create and image, god only knows this dull company needs it!! Sorry, old and new US is still in need of a major makeover. Lets get on with it!!

Why not approach one of the many fashion schools in NYC and let them work some designs? Wouldn't they jump at the chance? The price would be right and I would think there would be major positive publicity generated....Imagine being a young fashion design student and having the opportunity to design an airline uniform line!? Just a thought..... :p

Why not approach one of the many fashion schools in NYC and let them work some designs? Wouldn't they jump at the chance? The price would be right and I would think there would be major positive publicity generated....Imagine being a young fashion design student and having the opportunity to design an airline uniform line!? Just a thought..... :p

Now that's low cost thinking! :up:

Send off your idea to the uniform commitee.

Now that's low cost thinking! :up:

Send off your idea to the uniform commitee.

Yes, send that information to the uniform committee.

and the company

Email [email protected]

or maybe they already thought of it!

After all, they have contacted Banana Republic already.

Maybe they'll make an episode of it on Project Runway!

After all, Banana Republic is the sponsor of that show...

That would be good advertisement for the new US Airways and also the TV show. :)

:up:
:up: :up: What a fantastic idea. Send if off to Tempe and also to the Uniform committee!!!

Yes, send that information to the uniform committee.

and the company

Email [email protected]

or maybe they already thought of it!

After all, they have contacted Banana Republic already.

Maybe they'll make an episode of it on Project Runway!

After all, Banana Republic is the sponsor of that show...

That would be good advertisement for the new US Airways and also the TV show. :)

I definitely had the Project Runway idea in mind.... All of the publicity that would swirl around this project would essentially be free advertising! I fired it off to the good folks on the uniform committee....

Cheers! :D

I know of a legion of fashion students at FIDM who would design a uniform just for bragging rights.

I definitely had the Project Runway idea in mind.... All of the publicity that would swirl around this project would essentially be free advertising! I fired it off to the good folks on the uniform committee....

Cheers! :D

Pop another email and give them the name Parson's School of Design in NYC which was active in the Project Runway show

Latest posts