Left with no choice...

If you're a team like you say, the 50% who were going to get canned anyway should have allowed the rest to stay employeed if they chose to but instead they sunck the whole ship. Yea ... Gooooo Team.

When you consider that the language changes NWA was demanding, along with the 53% of the jobs you refer to, would have seen the remaining 47% continually diminished as well, the choice was easy. If given the choice to lose your job now or lose your job soon afterwards, most will choose to leave on their own terms.

To the rest of the board, I still haven't heard any compelling reason as to why NWA is even bothering to talk to AMFA, unless they anticipate needing more workers when the next summer schedule hits . . . put an 'official' end to the strike and then get some of the x-union members to come back to work.

I would say an official end to this strike is of first importance. I'm not so sure about bringing the X-union members back but you do bring up a good point. All shifts seem to be over staffed with the exception of the midnight shift, which is adequate for the most part but might need to be increased for the upcoming spring schedule just as you said. This strike can work against Northwest just as it has worked for Northwest, it is in their best interest to close the books on this while they are ahead of the game.

But they were not allowed to make that choice for them selves. The union made it for them.

Ludicrous. Although the members were not allowed by NWA to attend at the negotiation table this time, they were able to attend negotiations in the caucus room with the AMFA negotiators and watch them struggle with NWA's stonewall strategy. They were also kept informed by their negotiators at every step of the process.

The members were aware of what was on the table when we made our strike vote, and overwhelmingly voted to strike. How many times would you have the NWA mechanics say no to the same deal? The terms and conditions of employment offered by NWA were unacceptable then, and are even more unacceptable now.

I would say an official end to this strike is of first importance. I'm not so sure about bringing the X-union members back but you do bring up a good point. All shifts seem to be over staffed with the exception of the midnight shift, which is adequate for the most part but might need to be increased for the upcoming spring schedule just as you said. This strike can work against Northwest just as it has worked for Northwest, it is in their best interest to close the books on this while they are ahead of the game.

My oh my POS, I mean PTO.....How your tune has changed???

You were shouting to the world how NWA doesn't need their AMT's to function correctly.....That you SCABS could do it all???? Why don't you elaborate on why NWA needs AMFA to end the strike??
Are passengers starting to book other carriers? Perhaps questioning the non-ethical practices of the management....that is what else are they being un-ethical about??

Face it Scabby. You and your dishonorable lot exacerbated the entire situation at NWA, and have cost them COUNTLESS MILLIONS on top of everything else! BRILLIANT MAN!!!! Your moniker says it all....Scabs destined for the majors.

Picket-crossing, strike-breaking SCABS are the problem here you DOLT!!! Who is doing your work while you spend countless hours on these forums anyway??? Pencil whipping comes to my mind. How can you live with yourself??????

I hope all remaining AMT's still on the NWA picket line QUIT the airline business altogether and let the damn place implode!! After 20+ years of maintaining aircraft at a few airlines, I did just that. And I can attest that life goes on outside of aviation. Just do it people and let the company go down....taking all those scabs with it :D

You were shouting to the world how NWA doesn't need their AMT's to function correctly.....That you SCABS could do it all???? Why don't you elaborate on why NWA needs AMFA to end the strike??
Are passengers starting to book other carriers? Perhaps questioning the non-ethical practices of the management....that is what else are they being un-ethical about??

E-TRONS are you ok? What do you not understand about this strike has served its purpose for NWA? It is now a dead issue and NWA wants it put to rest.

With the release of the contract company we have lost some mechanics, which I am sure, are going to need replacing. I said nothing about using AMFA AMT's to replace them.

I hope all remaining AMT's still on the NWA picket line QUIT the airline business altogether and let the damn place implode!! After 20+ years of maintaining aircraft at a few airlines, I did just that. And I can attest that life goes on outside of aviation. Just do it people and let the company go down....taking all those scabs with it :D

:lol: I promise you that if a handful of unionized workers didn't show up for work the industry would continue on, business as usual. No implosions here.

I promise you that if a handful of unionized workers didn't show up for work the industry would continue on, business as usual. No implosions here.

Maybe no implosions, but things like this will happen more and more and get more severe...

nwatiremem3cj.jpg

(From Todays Memphis Commercial Appeal)

Oh, and I wouldn't trust a promise from a SCAB...

Of course NWA wants to see an end to the strike. It's like having a dead carcass on its front porch. Believe it or not, the traveling public does care and does see it.

What what I've seen of the TA, I don't see any reason why any AMFA member would vote for it. The few that will get to go back to work side by side with scabs.

Most decent people wouldn't think about going to NWA for a job especially knowing a strike is still on.

The only "up" side I see to the agreement is that the strikers would be able to get unemployment and their back vacation pay. A small crumb, it seems to me.

After suffering this long, why vote to go back now?

It's just a matter of time before the rest of the labor force is let go in favor of outsourcing and foreign workers.

Stay tough, AMFA! You deserve more. You have talents, skill and experience enough to get employment elsewhere.

Dea

After the first of the year the airlines will start gearing up for a big Spring. They'll all want to put more birds in the air and make money. NW desperately hopes it will have its mechanics back by spring. Sure NW is willing to carry on without them if they have too but they would rather "win the strike" and have its mechanics back.

The members were aware of what was on the table when we made our strike vote, and overwhelmingly voted to strike. How many times would you have the NWA mechanics say no to the same deal? The terms and conditions of employment offered by NWA were unacceptable then, and are even more unacceptable now.

The members were aware of what AMFA wanted them to know. AMFA did not inform them of how prepared NWA was for this strike. They down played everything they knew of NWA's preparedness, which wasn't much. AMFA failed to do their homework on this one. "A handful of scabs with a few months training in the Arizona Desert, learning how to work on Northwest aircraft." The Northwest/AMFA AMT's were misinformed and misled.

The members were aware of what AMFA wanted them to know. AMFA did not inform them of how prepared NWA was for this strike. They down played everything they knew of NWA's preparedness, which wasn't much. AMFA failed to do their homework on this one. "A handful of scabs with a few months training in the Arizona Desert, learning how to work on Northwest aircraft." The Northwest/AMFA AMT's were misinformed and misled.
i guess that NWA mgmt wasnt prepared for all of the incidents that occured right afterwards but yet kept informing the public that NWA is a safe airline to fly on.
I know of a large number of people who wont fly on NWA due to the scabs fixing planes to the point of where incidents such as wheels falling off occur!

Obviously some of the posters on this thread have NO idea how NWA has treated its employee's in the past.

What about the give backs in the early 90's that were supposed to snap back when the airline was on better financial gound? What did NWA do when it was time to honor those commitmments after years making RECORD profits mind you? They BALKED and refused to negotiage.

There are many many more things that NWA management has done in the past to create the ill will that employees feel toward them.

And just for the record. I don't work for NWA! But I DO have many friends who do. And I don't just rely on their word. I have been a subscriber to ATW, Aviation Week and many other industry periodicals to stay informed about the airline business. I would like to attibute that to my 14 years in the business and always stayed one step ahead of the layoff's.

This might be so but for the most part NWA hasn't had any employees, only a bunch of union members. Lets wait and see where NWA goes with this.

Well I tend to think they had Union members because if they DIDN'T they would have been making slave wages. One way for the average employee to gain any notion of respect by management is to UNIONIZE and well for the lack of a better word, force management to play by fair and equitable rules.

Honestly, I don't think you would be enjoying the pay you make and the benefits you receive as an employee of NWA. Surely they don't give them to you because of their benevolence.

Now I'm not going to slam you for being a scab. Even though that's not a road I would have taken. Each must do as we feel necessary. Its too bad you couldn't find a position in another company and not get in the middle of what most think is an unjust act by NWA.

Happy Holidays!

Lets see what NWA does with its employees after they emerge from bankruptcy. Providing AMFA doesn't get another strong foothold in there, then we can see how they will treat their employees. I have a feeling you will be surprised.

Latest posts