Letter From Afa President

Forgive my possible ignorance, but what "big raises for salaried and management employees" is he talking about? I'm a member of management and certainly didn't get any raise.

JungleClone said:
Forgive my possible ignorance, but what "big raises for salaried and management employees" is he talking about? I'm a member of management and certainly didn't get any raise.
[post="262912"][/post]​

No one ever said all management employees. Maybe you are just not osculating the right derrieres. :p

Seriously, I have no idea if the charges of raises and bonusses are true, but there have been several posts to that effect by UAL employees. It was my experience in major corporations that those sorts of rumors usually had some truth to them. And, if they are not true, why is the company being suddenly coy about the independent auditor issue?

I saw this done during ESOP - you'd take your cut at the beginning, wait 3 - 6 months at the lower rate until you were eligible to be promoted, then "magically" you got a promotion with an 8-10% raise. Not quite right but that's the way things were done at the time. I can't say that's what is happening now. Good luck to all who stay.

Ex Unimatic Programmer/Analyst
Now "Would you like fries with that?"

manyjob said:
I saw this done during ESOP - you'd take your cut at the beginning, wait 3 - 6 months at the lower rate until you were eligible to be promoted, then "magically" you got a promotion with an 8-10% raise. Not quite right but that's the way things were done at the time. I can't say that's what is happening now. Good luck to all who stay.

Ex Unimatic Programmer/Analyst
Now "Would you like fries with that?"
[post="263008"][/post]​

I wouldn't be admitting that I was a unimatic programmer.... ;)

Welcome aboard! :up:

Busdrvr said:
I wouldn't be admitting that I was a unimatic programmer.... ;)

Welcome aboard! :up:
[post="263173"][/post]​

Well, it sure doesn't help with the job search!! :lol: Thanks for the welcome, I've been silently keeping an eye on things and it sure looks bleak but there's some good people there if upper management would ever listen and let them use their knowledge. Best of luck to you all through these times!

UnitedChicago said:
I know everyone in this industry is suffering and you all have my respect for what you're dealing with. With that said - none of what I've posted in this thread has been disrespectful.

I just don't know what or whom it serves to stoke the fires on a very hot button topic with nothing more than allegation and/or rumor. Especially when the person who created this thread doesn't work for United.

Hence - once again - mind your own airline's business.
[post="262815"][/post]​

Do you not understand what happens to organized labor at UAL will also have a profound affect on AA also?It is called competition and the labor costs at a chapter 11 airline will eventually show up at AA.

EVERY UNION AIRLINE EMPLOYEE is in a struggle for survival and you tell us to mind our own business.Well,the payand benefits[retirement] at UAL and USA are the business of all unionized airline employees.

goingboeing said:
Do you not understand what happens to organized labor at UAL will also have a profound affect on AA also?It is called competition and the labor costs at a chapter 11 airline will eventually show up at AA.

EVERY UNION AIRLINE EMPLOYEE is in a struggle for survival and you tell us to mind our own business.Well,the payand benefits[retirement] at UAL and USA are the business of all unionized airline employees.
[post="263215"][/post]​

Funny, you guys never seemed to see that during the 90's and early 00's when you all undercut UAL and prospered at UAL's expense. :rolleyes:

Busdrvr said:
Funny, you guys never seemed to see that during the 90's and early 00's when you all undercut UAL and prospered at UAL's expense. :rolleyes:
[post="263271"][/post]​

The people that were undercut in the 1990's were the AMT's at AA.You know anything at all about the 1995 Contract where the TWU leadership sold us out for an early retirement package?.We had a 3 year wage freeze during this 6 year contract while you guys at UAL were getting screwed with the ESOP program.

You have to remember that for the exception of the 2001 contract the contracts at AA in the last 20 years have passed by narrow vote margains.

So you weren't the only airline employees getting screwed in the 1990's.Remember,don't throw rocks in a glass house.