LGA pilot gets it

But you know what every job has a sucky part..
That is the problem, you expect parts of your job to be "sucky".

It does not have to be.

Any management team worth basic spit should anticipate that each and every employee would make the "sucky" parts not "sucky". Customer service is likely "sucky" because management does not give you the basic tools to do your job.

Make it otherwise.

That is the problem, you expect parts of your job to be "sucky".

It does not have to be.

Any management team worth basic spit should anticipate that each and every employee would make the "sucky" parts not "sucky". Customer service is likely "sucky" because management does not give you the basic tools to do your job.

Make it otherwise.
The worst part of my job is correcting mis-information that was given the passenger by another employee. How do you suggest I fix that? I will never see these employees or their supervisor, and they never document a record as to the mis-information they are giving to a passenger, because the might make my job a little bit easier and validate what the passenger is telling me. Unfortunately this is when I have to start enforcing policy, and this is when it SUCKS because they have already heard something from another employee somewhere else. Everyone I know has some part of their job they don't like, even people who love their job. Nothing is perfect, and I really don't expect my job to be perfect every day. Somedays are good, some bad.
And my post was in response to your post that you deserve profit sharing and I don't because your job is suckier than mine. I was merely pointing out that mine has sucky parts too, and we both deserve profit sharing.

And my post was in response to your post that you deserve profit sharing and I don't because your job is suckier than mine. I was merely pointing out that mine has sucky parts too, and we both deserve profit sharing.
I think you confused me with someone else. You deserve what you negotiate. It would be highly unlikely for me to compare job "suckyness".

About making your job less "sucky", what about a better method to disperse information so that the individual factor becomes irrelevant? It seems the TV screens for flight information are usually wrong or inop. I've been told many times that is an "airport" function. That is a wrong answer that, as an agent, I would never accept because it directly impacts my job.

Latest posts