Libya Coverup -- Who gets thrown under the bus? Hillary or Barack?

I find it interesting (OK, not really) that the OP failed to note that Chaffetz and Issa and their colleges voted in 2010 and 2011 to cut the State dept budget which included the security budget. Do the republicans get o share part of the blame on this as well? I know this does not fit into Erick's POV so I see why he would want to avoid the issue but it smells of intellectual dishonest.

Last year embassy security was cut by over $150 million and for the 2012 budget, security was cut by over $370 million. The 2013 budget has a proposed cut of over $140 million. Perhaps this event will change that trend?

Eric Nordstrom said in testimony to Congress that the intensity of the attack on the embassy was nothing that he had seen in Libya or for that matter, any time in his 14 years of service. Mr Nordstom, who served in Libya for 9 months as regional security officer said the security was tested on a regular basis and was working as planned. He said he hoped that in reacting to the events in Benghazi ''a new security reality'' did not result in overreaction.
''It is critical that we balance the risk mitigation with the needs of our diplomats to do their job, in dangerous and uncertain places. The answer cannot be to operate from a bunker,'' he told the hearing.
Good luck with that happening in a never ending election cycle

Then there is the fact that this is not the first embassy to be attacked where deaths were involved.

In 2004, the consulate in Jeddah was attacked killing 4 guards and 5 staff members. Since 1958, there have been 44 attacks on US consulates. The one in Jeddah and Libya seems to have been the only ones involving US deaths so I guess the others do not matter? The biggest reason this is getting all the media attention is that it is an election cycle. Everyone is pointing fingers and no one wants to accept any responsibility even though there is plenty to go around and it does not seem like there was anything that could have been done to prevent it other than putting a full garrison/division of marines on the site.

Reactions: 2 people
Hmm, a country where it's politically instable after removing a dictator... aw, shucks, we don't need any Marines there, right?

The budget issue is a distraction and a red herring. It was a country less than a year past the removal of a dictator. They could have found the money if it had been made a priority. It wasn't. We have more Marines in Bangkok than we have in Libya, and the Pentagon had no problem sending in a FAST team after the fact. Marines *are always* available to protect. I kinda know this one first hand...

The real issue seems to be that Hillary and Barry didn't want to offend Islam by having armed troops on Muslim soil.

Oops.

Reactions: 1 person
You can deny the reality all you wish as seems to be your habit but the facts are all there for anyone to see.

You can deny the reality all you wish as seems to be your habit but the facts are all there for anyone to see.

well yes they seem to be, that the White House outright lied to us about blaming it all on a video

Yep, the facts are quite apparent. Diplomats under attack, go to bed. Ambassador dies, head to Vegas campaign event. Intel says it's a terrorist attack, blame a video and lie to the country. Romney calls it what it is, blame him for shooting from the hip...

There's even video of Hillary blaming the video while standing next to the Ambassador's coffin, even though they knew days earlier that it wasn't at all about the video -- it was retaliation for killing off the #2 in Al Qaeda who also happened to be a Libyan...

Today, it seems that the White House is actually trying to shift blame onto the intelligence community, and the campaign is saying it's only a big deal because Romney and Ryan say it is....

That's not going to end well. Look for more leaks to come out.

Seriously, there was less covering-up going on in Watergate.

Reactions: 1 person
Yep, the facts are quite apparent. Diplomats under attack, go to bed. Ambassador dies, head to Vegas campaign event. Intel says it's a terrorist attack, blame a video and lie to the country. Romney calls it what it is, blame him for shooting from the hip...

There's even video of Hillary blaming the video while standing next to the Ambassador's coffin, even though they knew days earlier that it wasn't at all about the video -- it was retaliation for killing off the #2 in Al Qaeda who also happened to be a Libyan...

Today, it seems that the White House is actually trying to shift blame onto the intelligence community, and the campaign is saying it's only a big deal because Romney and Ryan say it is....

Eric, I can honestly say that I (cyber)know you pretty well, And I can usually tell when your "meter" rises or falls out of its normal range(As I'm SURE you can, as it pertains to me) !

So..What's NEW/What's DIFFERENT ?
Well, a look at my calander on my computer room wall tells me that in a mere " 26 " days, SOME people are going to be Happy, and SOME folks are gonna' be real PISSED-OFF !

(In my humblest view)....ENOUGH SAID !!

IMHO, that’s clap trap!
We should have stayed out of the ME altogether. We did a crappy job in Iraq and a ‘REAL SHITTY’ job in Afghanistan. We “Mericans” screwed up the ME beyond repair ( FUBAR ) and have no credibility.
Carter made the mistake of not supporting the Shah of Iran, got his a$$ kicked out and in comes Iatola Komani. (That was a good idea, right?)
Reagan sent arms to Iran to get back the hostages. Kind of pissed off our ole butt buddy Saddam (go figure as he was in war with Iran and we were selling him arms to kill Iranians at the time).
Fade out-
When BJ Clinton warned of WMD in Iraq RepubliRats yelled “WAG THE DOG”, when Bush #2 warned of WMD’s after 911 every ID-10T were for it until they were against it! DemoRats and RepubliRats!
We will probably never know what back door dealings these clowns ‘negotiated’ to kiss the ring.
We wasted many lives looking for WMD in Iraq while not giving full service to Afghanistan. Partnering with the Taliban to oust Al-Qaida, yea that’s worked out pretty well, hasn’t it?
While we supplied arms to the Afghanistan Taliban against the Russians, now expect a different result.
When we leave, we have accomplished “NOTHING”!!!
Now we have Mitt that’s going to change the ME because NoBama is too weak.
Good luck with that, looks like a Ron Paul write in for me as these clowns don’t deserve my vote.
B) xUT

and no you didn't mention Obama but you were sure quick to mention Bush as an excuse for him

oh good, you passed the spelling test! I was hoping you would.

why not mention Bush? he set a precedent of being reelected after ignoring warnings of a threat. It is a valid comparison.

There have been plenty said about what the Bush admin knew. Not much denial from that camp.

As for Eric's assertion that there is a cover up? So what? There probably is. No big deal.

I'll use Bush again for comparison because he set a precedent by claiming Iraq had WMD's and sending our troops to find them.. Did we ever find them?

We do know Bush was angry because Hussein tried to take out his father. And he wanted to fight the war his way, not Poppy's, because he thought he was smarter. A lot of good troops were killed and maimed for his grudges. They (everyone in the Bush administration) stillstick to their guns and that in itself is a cover up.

So my argument is: if Bush can be reelected after 3000 people were killed on his watch and after starting a war based on falsehoods, then Obama has nothing to worry about.

I am sad good people were killed in Libya but as far as elections go, it's no big deal.

I guess now we know why embassy security was lacking. Ryan's budget cut 300million from the embassy security budget.

That's what Joe said! Ryan did not deny it. So much for accountability.

Yet Paris has two or three platoons of Marines, and Libya had none. Same budget -- they could have been moved from another less risky location. As if France would attack anything...

I guess now we know why embassy security was lacking. Ryan's budget cut 300million from the embassy security budget.

That's what Joe said! Ryan did not deny it. So much for accountability.

Ryan hasn't submitted a budget. Obama hasn't signed one. Do you even understand how government works?

Did it ever occur to you that we shouldn't be in the Middle East occupying foreign lands? Or did that part of the COTUS escape you?

Paul Ryan is just another Keynesian Bankster. In spite of his vote to audit the Federal Reserve Bank he offers NOTHING of substance that will help the average worker. Barack Obama, Mitt Romney, Joe Biden & Paul Ryan are OWNED by the Banksters and the Corpratists.

A vote for either is a vote to lower your standard of living. Read F.A> Hayek's book "The Road To Serfdom". http://www.amazon.com/The-Road-Serfdom-Fiftieth-Anniversary/dp/0226320618

That was not the point. The point was that you claimed that Ryan et al had not submitted a budget. His web site says other wise. It may not have been submitted to Congress (it would sink like a lead balloon and he knows it) but he does have one.

Fred Astaire would be proud