"Lies from the pit of hell"

Ms Tree

Veteran
Jul 13, 2010
Where do we find these people? And when we find them why do we find them in the South? They have enough problems with their reputation as it is.

This hammer head is the Chairman of the Investigations and Oversight Subcommittee for the House Science, Space, and Technology Committee. This idiot says he has science that shows the earth is only 9,000 years old? There is no such science. I cannot believe anyone let him be a chairman of this committee. How the hell did he get elected?

If you listen to the video to the end, he states that the bible is his guide on how to vote, not the COTUS. There is a guy with his priorities straight. Akins, Broun, Johnson ... how many more of these idiots do we have hiding in the dark?

It's no wonder the US lags behind in the sciences. With idiots like this on the loose it all makes perfect sense. This idiot probably things evolution says we are descended from apes. What a troglodyte. Proof that evolution can make mistakes.

http://youtu.be/ZBy3MbP4WDo

Reactions: 2 people
Where do we find these people? And when we find them why do we find them in the South? They have enough problems with their reputation as it is.

This hammer head is the Chairman of the Investigations and Oversight Subcommittee for the House Science, Space, and Technology Committee. This idiot says he has science that shows the earth is only 9,000 years old? There is no such science. I cannot believe anyone let him be a chairman of this committee. How the hell did he get elected?

If you listen to the video to the end, he states that the bible is his guide on how to vote, not the COTUS. There is a guy with his priorities straight. Akins, Broun, Johnson ... how many more of these idiots do we have hiding in the dark?

It's no wonder the US lags behind in the sciences. With idiots like this on the loose it all makes perfect sense. This idiot probably things evolution says we are descended from apes. What a troglodyte. Proof that evolution can make mistakes.

http://youtu.be/ZBy3MbP4WDo

'Tree,
You ask ...How many MORE like him are 'out there'....Sadly my friend, T O N's and T O N's !

I've said it Ad Nauseum on here, BUT it's True, that THE two most DANGEROUS types of people here in this country are, Religeous FANATICS, ans BLIND Patriots.

Reactions: 1 person
This is pretty close to where I draw the line on Religion and the 1st Amendment.

Many as in not all Conservate Christians assume (Often Falsely) that their belief in Jesus and the COTUS as synomomous. Their are no greater examples then Abortion and same sex marriage.

Like many Christians I feel that Abortion is murder pure and simple. However, Individual Liberty as granted by the COTUS makes no such distinction. The decision to abort is between the Mother and the God or non- God of her choosing. It's nobody's business. To boul it down to a bumper sticker, "Don't believe in abortion? Don't have one"

I object to use of the word marriage when it comes to same sex marriage and the reason is because no major religion sanctions it. That said, One of the foundations of the Republic is private property rights. Any two people or even three or more should be able to enter into a contract that enforces their private property rights. Some call these Civil Unions. Again to boil it down to a bumper sticker, If you don't like Gay Marriage don't marry someoe of the same sex.

This is what Liberty is folks, get used to it!

You are aware that we are talking about evolution and the age of the planet, not abortion or gay marriage?

You are aware that we are talking about evolution and the age of the planet, not abortion or gay marriage?

Completely aware of that fact. I provided 2 examples of where the line is or at least should be.Anyone who believes his/her values, religious or not don't color ones opinon in Congress or elsewhere is pretty stupid.

I, as an individual have the right to accept of reject a opinion at the ballot box.

It's called Liberty, get used to it.

OK. Just thought you might want to address what was actually said by the Congressman.

You were not there when the Egyptians built the Pyramids either. You were not there when Lucy walked the earth. You were not there when T-Rex's walked the earth. He has no science to back up anything he says and no his opinion is not as good as someone else with science to back them up.

You were not there when the Egyptians built the Pyramids either. You were not there when Lucy walked the earth. You were not there when T-Rex's walked the earth. He has no science to back up anything he says and no his opinion is not as good as someone else with science to back them up.

Why you ask? Because he doesn't need to. Opinion is just that. If you don't like the opinion, dig out your checkbook and send his opponent a check.

I think atheists are misguided morons with flawed morals. Do you see me shouting that from the roof tops? NO! You don't I just wouldn't vote for you for Dog Catcher. It's called Individual Liberty, It's popular, get used to it!

Gravity is not an opinion. The orbits of the earth and other celestial bodies are not opinion. The fact that the earth is not the center of the universe, that the earth is not flat, that the moon is not made of cheese are facts that have been scientifically proven. The strata in the earth has been measured. materials have been carbon dated. The fact that the earth is about 4.5 billion years old has been scientifically proven. The fact that Lucy walked on the earth some 3e million years ago has been scientifically proven. The fact that T-Rex lived about 65 million years ago has been proven.

If you choose to ignore science be my guest but please do not be so ignorant as to confuse science with opinion. This has nothing to do with religion unless you wish to believe that the earth is only 9,000 years old and ignore the same science that developed nearly every single item in your house and in your life.

No interest in changing minds but I'm not going to let someone confuse opinion with science and let it go unchallenged.

No interest in changing minds but I'm not going to let someone confuse opinion with science and let it go unchallenged.
Science?? You mean the "Scientific Fact" that we are going to face a new Ice Age as a result of human interference with the "planet" and that this would occur about now? Is that the science you're referring to?

Not really. Seems like only a hand full of scientists predicted an ice age. Why that became the mantra for the public is anyone's guess. Perhaps it is more media friendly to predict freezing ones ass off as opposed to burning it off. I do not know. None of this negates the fact that Broun's opinion has nothing to do with, and is not equivalent in any way shape or form to a scientific theory.

Found this while reading up on weather science.

Skeptical Science

Oh really ? I hear stories just about everyday concerning Atheist's, who get offended by something as simple as a manger scene, during Christmas,(you noticed I didn't use the word Holiday, like a good atheist want's you to) and wants the courts to change what the majority believe in !

Don't like the manger scene...........don't look at it !

Pretty hilarious how people like you b!tch and moan about other's view's being "Forced" on you, but don't have a problem forcing yours, on others !

Latest posts