"Lies from the pit of hell"

I'd say that's just as bad as the "put Christ back in Christmas" crowd.

Sparrow & I don't agree on much, but his live-and-let-live idea is one most of America would be wise to get back into- and that goes far beyond Christmas...

Reactions: 1 person
Oh really ? I hear stories just about everyday concerning Atheist's, who get offended by something as simple as a manger scene, during Christmas,(you noticed I didn't use the word Holiday, like a good atheist want's you to) and wants the courts to change what the majority believe in !

Don't like the manger scene...........don't look at it !

Pretty hilarious how people like you b!tch and moan about other's view's being "Forced" on you, but don't have a problem forcing yours, on others !

You really do not have a clue how the COTUS works do you?

Just so we are on the same page. I am talking about public property that is tax payer supported. If you can put up a manger scene can I put up a Satanic display right beside it? How about something from the KKK? Neo-Nazi's or is our public land only for Christian displays?

The atheist are not forcing their views on anyone. We merely wish that if you want to display any religious symbols that you do so on private property. Other wise, i want equal access.

Before you answer perhaps you should review the COTUS, specifically the 14th amendment.

Reactions: 2 people
Not really. Seems like only a hand full of scientists predicted an ice age. Why that became the mantra for the public is anyone's guess.

Maybe there would have been more scientists predicting an Ice Age if the government had given grants to see if there will be an Ice Age. Money has a way of influencing science. Sad to say but some scientists might be looking out for themselves first.

Who says there wasn't? Regardless of funding, science goes through peer review. Look into it sometime.

Oh really ? I hear stories just about everyday concerning Atheist's, who get offended by something as simple as a manger scene,
Maybe you should listen to more than one-sided talk radio show rants as your source of all things. Or maybe read a book or take a college course?

Never mind.

I'm not talking about the desert. I'm talking about placing it on the front lawn of the city government right by that big Christmas tree and manger scene. How about I put a shrine to the devil right beside that cross in the Mojave? By the way, who owns that parcel of land? I disagree with the SCOTUS on that ruling. Public land is public is public land. Having said that, the cross should not have been stolen and I hops they catch the pricks who did it.

So are you going to address the issue or dance around all day like you always do?

So how does this fit into your POV?

Vandalizing atheist holiday displays: A new Christmas tradition?

Hey, hows that CPUSA law suit coming? I heard it should be going to trial any day now.

I'm not talking about the desert. I'm talking about placing it on the front lawn of the city government right by that big Christmas tree and manger scene. How about I put a shrine to the devil right beside that cross in the Mojave? By the way, who owns that parcel of land? I disagree with the SCOTUS on that ruling. Public land is public is public land. Having said that, the cross should not have been stolen and I hops they catch the pricks who did it.

So are you going to address the issue or dance around all day like you always do?

So how does this fit into your POV?

Vandalizing atheist holiday displays: A new Christmas tradition?

Hey, hows that CPUSA law suit coming? I heard it should be going to trial any day now.

The initiation of force by any group or individual against another is NOT what Freedom & Liberty is about, unless it is to overthrow a tryanical government

And we drift farther and farther from the point of this thread. There is a member of Congress who is chairman of a science sub committee who does not believe in science. it would seem that some here see his 'opinion' on this as being as valid the scientifically proven theories that he denies and which his committee is supposed to support.

The Committee on Science, Space, and Technology has jurisdiction over all energy research, development, and demonstration, and projects therefor, and all federally owned or operated non-military energy laboratories; astronautical research and development, including resources, personnel, equipment, and facilities; civil aviation research and development; environmental research and development; marine research; commercial application of energy technology; National Institute of Standards and Technology, standardization of weights and measures and the metric system; National Aeronautics and Space Administration; National Science Foundation; National Weather Service; outer space, including exploration and control thereof; science scholarships; scientific research, development, and demonstration, and projects therefor. The Committee on Science, Space, and Technology shall review and study on a continuing basis laws, programs, and Government activities relating to non-military research and development.

Seems to be a bit of a conflict of interest but I guess to the faithful that matters not. And people wonder why the US is so far behind in regards to education.

Reactions: 3 people
Understand your pov concerning this particular member of congress, but he was elected to congress in the first place. And what is the difference between this guy being appointed to the science sub committee and Barrack appointing Jeff Immelt "Jobs Czar" ! The same Jeff Immelt who ships more jobs and technology out of the country than any other CEO!
Why just the outcry when it doesn't fit your "PERSONAL" agenda !
You don't believe in God, that's fine, but we all know one of the consistant reasons this country was formed "Was" the belief in God, whether you want to admit or not !
Why should I have "Your" view, that there is no God, forced on me, when many of the foundations of this country, is based on the belief in God !

Now if you want to form a country , with foundations based on the belief in Atheism.............go for it..................but don't try to change mine !

And we drift farther and farther from the point of this thread. There is a member of Congress who is chairman of a science sub committee who does not believe in science. it would seem that some here see his 'opinion' on this as being as valid the scientifically proven theories that he denies and which his committee is supposed to support.

The Committee on Science, Space, and Technology has jurisdiction over all energy research, development, and demonstration, and projects therefor, and all federally owned or operated non-military energy laboratories; astronautical research and development, including resources, personnel, equipment, and facilities; civil aviation research and development; environmental research and development; marine research; commercial application of energy technology; National Institute of Standards and Technology, standardization of weights and measures and the metric system; National Aeronautics and Space Administration; National Science Foundation; National Weather Service; outer space, including exploration and control thereof; science scholarships; scientific research, development, and demonstration, and projects therefor. The Committee on Science, Space, and Technology shall review and study on a continuing basis laws, programs, and Government activities relating to non-military research and development.

Seems to be a bit of a conflict of interest but I guess to the faithful that matters not. And people wonder why the US is so far behind in regards to education.

No! I don't wonder why we're so far behind in education. The brightest and best STILL get a world class education. Where we fail is with the lower 2/3rds and for that there are multiple reasons. Most are due to Federal Government intervetion and the profound loss of local control. Teachers Unions play a huge role as well. The primary cause of crap education is crap parenting. It cuts across all socio-economic boundries. The single parent is at a disadvantage and their kids suffer as a result. The states with the highest test scores also have the highest percentage of two parents living together.

Now to a Member of Congress not believing in Science. I don't think in order to be on a committe dealing with Science that believing in science is a requiremt. Sometimes having a skeptic is actually helful to the debate. So maybe this fellow is right where he needs to be

Yes he was elected and that is what concerns me. The level of ignorance that a population must have to elect such an individual is truly frightening. I suspect Immelts actions had something to do with him being CEO of a company and having a fiduciary duty to look out for the companies best interests. Had he not done what others were doing it would have placed GE at a disadvantage and jeopardized their future. This does not make it right but it is what it is. That is the business landscape of the US. The questions has he done anything to change the playing field and it appears he has not. Your point is well taken.

No one is forcing my view on you or anyone else. Having read a few history books I do not see any link between religion and the founding of the US. Some of the original illegal immigrants to this country were fleeing religious persecution and there are similarities between the COTUS and various religious beliefs but that seems to be as far as it goes. If you read the COTUS you will not find a single mention of God or religion (except for the 1st which grants people the freedom believe in any God they choose) which is quite odd for a nation supposedly founded on religion. Logic would dictate that if you are going to found something based on a belief you would at least make mention of it.

It's not yours. It's ours. That means everyone. Our nation has changed quite a bit since the founders signed the COTUS. Women have the right to vote. Non-whites are now an equal citizen to whites. The 14th is quite clear that laws must address all people equally. I am not sure why you seem to be having a problem with the idea that no one is trying to take your religion away from you. All people are asking is that you keep your religion out of the public sector. I am a tax payer. Until I have equal access to put my beliefs on display right beside yours things are a bit skewed. Personally I would prefer that all personal beliefs be kept private and that government keep it's hands off of religion in it's entirety.

Reactions: 2 people
No! I don't wonder why we're so far behind in education. The brightest and best STILL get a world class education. Where we fail is with the lower 2/3rds and for that there are multiple reasons. Most are due to Federal Government intervetion and the profound loss of local control. Teachers Unions play a huge role as well. The primary cause of crap education is crap parenting. It cuts across all socio-economic boundries. The single parent is at a disadvantage and their kids suffer as a result. The states with the highest test scores also have the highest percentage of two parents living together.

Now to a Member of Congress not believing in Science. I don't think in order to be on a committe dealing with Science that believing in science is a requiremt. Sometimes having a skeptic is actually helful to the debate. So maybe this fellow is right where he needs to be

Yes there are many contributing factors to our poor education system. Poor parenting, poor teachers poor text books and watered down curriculum. Some schools want to teach ID/creationism in school. The TX school board just went through the text books and altered history to suit their warped POV. There are factors out side of the ones you like to harp on.

Really? Shall we have people heading NASA who do not believe ion space travel? How about having Jehovah Witness in charge of medicine? The blind in charge of ophthalmology? Drop outs in charge of education? An atheist in charge of the Vatican? Give me a break.

Yes, if you are going to be in charge of something you dam well better believe in it. Skeptic? He is not a skeptic. He is ignorant. He is a denier. A skeptic is someone who doubts a car gets xx miles to the gallon. A ignorant denier does not believe cars exists in the first place.