Loads Are Very High: 82.1% MTD

genejockey

Advanced
Aug 22, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Load Factor for July 1 - 21 = 82.1% (month to date)!
Load Factor for July 2002 = 77.1% WOW...now that is a significant increase!

Last four Sundays: (Highest Daily Loads)
June 29 = 87.5%
July 06 = 87.6%
July 13 = 85.5%
July 20 = 86.8%

Lowest loads have occurred on Tuesdays and Wednesdays with loads averaging ~78% on each day for the last four weeks.

So much for the negative impact on aviation. I know CAL, AWA, and NWA have loads in the mid 80''s!

I truely hope Dave is investing the 5% Pay Deferral wisely - approximately $10 million per month!. He does have to pay it back starting in October 2004 (at the latest). I have not heard if the pay deferral money is being targeted for any specific project or goal. Does anyone know?

Don''t look for any black ink anytime soon. Our baggage service problems in June took care of that. Boston paid out $250,000.00 alone delivering late luggage. Multiply that by the entire system.

[SIZE= 12pt]Maybe they are going to buy back $1.5 billon of US Airways stock instead of using the money as operating capital or paying down debt. Then, a couple of years later we all can take more concessions just for the right to borrow 900 million because were all overpaid![/SIZE]

Maybe Dave should consider a reduction in the 5% Pay Defferal? I believe this would go a long way with the employees to boost moral.
How is this for a going out on a limb?
Aug 1 2003: decrease to 4% (~$8 million per month = $40 million)
Jan 1, 2004: decrease to 3% (~$6 million per month = $18 million)
April 1, 2004 decrease to 2% (~$4 million per month = $16 million)
Aug 1, 2004 decrease to 1% (~$2 million per month = $6 million)
October 2004 End Defferal, begin pay back of total deffered pay over 18 months - interest free.

5% Defferal over 18 months = ~$180 million
Schedule as above = ~$120 million

Remember, this is an interest free loan...Dave had better be using it wisely!

If you dump enough flights, loads tend to increase, particularly when some remaining flights also use smaller aircraft (e.g.,Express for Mainline, 319's, etc.). Without concurrent increases in yield, the figure is meaningless. Anybody know those ratios?

Yeah right, and they are ALL FREE TICKETS>>
NOT!

Give credit where credit is DUE>

How about investing the 5% in the people Dave continues to steal it from for things like house payments, car payments, clothes for the kids, college tuition, commuting expenses for those displaced by the cutbacks etc.
You people continue to amaze me. You are truly "lambs walking silently to the slaughter". Dave Siegal has NO RIGHT to that money. He is violating the spirit of the agreement that we signed! He continues to disadvantage the employees at every opportunity. HE HAS NO STINKING CLUE!

I feel better now.

A320 Driver

GIVE IT BACK!!!!!

Its funny that no matter how many times you say it, they simply do not either listen or comprehend.

Let me say it - one more time -

High load factor does not automatically mean profitable flights.

----------------
On 7/22/2003 9:44:01 AM golden1 wrote:

NOT!

----------------​
Please, do us all a favor and speak in cogent sentences rather in complete jibberish for a change.

----------------
On 7/22/2003 8:08:59 AM A320 Driver wrote:

How about investing the 5% in the people Dave continues to steal it from for things like house payments, car payments, clothes for the kids, college tuition, commuting expenses for those displaced by the cutbacks etc.
You people continue to amaze me. You are truly "lambs walking silently to the slaughter". Dave Siegal has NO RIGHT to that money. He is violating the spirit of the agreement that we signed! He continues to disadvantage the employees at every opportunity. HE HAS NO STINKING CLUE!

I feel better now.

A320 Driver

GIVE IT BACK!!!!!

----------------​
You people are really remarkable. You have impressive Jet-Blue type load factors on 4 summer Sundays and now you want to roll back the concessions. How were the load factors for Tuesday? Thursday? Did you actualy make money on those Sundays? How is that luggage problem at Philadelphia?

My thought would be that your airline is more likely to ask you for additional paycuts as US Airways is STILL NOT PROFITABLE How far does your pay need to go down? Start with the base pay packages of those profitable airlines (Southwest, JetBlue, Airtran) and take it down another 20% because of the ineffencies of the hubs and the much more unproductive work rules at US Airways. That is the only way US Airways will become consistently profitable.

NOT!

Ok,  Isn't Dave the greatest?  He has shrunk seat capacity by 30% and increased the load factors by 5% 
3.gif

----------------
On 7/22/2003 8:08:59 AM A320 Driver wrote:

Dave Siegal has NO RIGHT to that money.

----------------

Then why did every union agree to this 5%? It seems that the unions can't say NO to Dave when it comes to voting.​

----------------
On 7/22/2003 5:46:11 AM
genejockey wrote:

I have not heard if the pay deferral money is being targeted for any specific project or goal. Does anyone know?

----------------​

My guess would be another round of bonus''s for our indispensable leadership.

Latest posts