local 514 video

These are my points from the video:

1. Company commitment is not any good if it is not in writing. No trust.

2. If we did not work an agreement we should not be even voting on this P O S.

3. Future lay off did you said? I thought TWU was trying to save jobs. No guarantee, just remember 2003.
(TWU gave huge concesions and the company still lay off as they want)

4. OSM door will be open, eventually they will do more and more on the airplane.

5. There is a difference between your video and the line locals video. You are trying to soft sell a yes while they are
very open with their position.

VOTE NO

I just got off the Phone with a coworker who had voted YES.
He said he watched the Local 514 Special Message Video, and then called in and changed his vote to NO.

He could not believe someone who could even look into the camera with a straight and sincere face.

Thanks John Hewitt, now I know if it fails by one you are the man!!!!

What everyone should do when this gets voted down is take your prefund refund money and place in a strike fund.

This will make a nice strike fund for each member to be prepared in the event it is needed down the road.

If every member would take this action, then we would not see the fear that we see today as we progress towards a decent fair and equitable agreement.

What everyone should do when this gets voted down is take your prefund refund money and place in a strike fund.

This will make a nice strike fund for each member to be prepared in the event it is needed down the road.

If every member would take this action, then we would not see the fear that we see today as we progress towards a decent fair and equitable agreement.
Three of my neighbors are currently on strike at Lockheed, and they have a strike fund. They are also striking for the newhires to receive full pension and not 401k match. twu sucks

Three of my neighbors are currently on strike at Lockheed, and they have a strike fund. They are also striking for the newhires to receive full pension and not 401k match. twu sucks
I remember in negotiations of the past the union membership was told the reason our wages were near the lower end of the scale,was because we had a better pension multiplier. Now the multiplier is definitely gone and wages are now the lowest. Vote No!

I remember in negotiations of the past the union membership was told the reason our wages were near the lower end of the scale,was because we had a better pension multiplier. Now the multiplier is definitely gone and wages are now the lowest. Vote No!

How many times were we told that we were near bottom of industry scale BECAUSE WE STILL HAVE A PENSION...
Well, pension is gone as we know it and yet STILL at the bottom of the scale.

How many times were we told that we were near bottom of industry scale BECAUSE WE STILL HAVE A PENSION...
Well, pension is gone as we know it and yet STILL at the bottom of the scale.

Before that we were told we make a little less but we have a better pension. That was a lie I challenged for years. Yes we had a higher multiplier, but we lost the first year , so you would have to work a year longer which nullified the benefit of the higher multiplier.

The most recent AMR Pension Statement for TWU M&R had our pension plan funded at %81.09 using the assumed rate of return from both the PPA, lobbied for by the TWU, and the prior years assumed rate of return: we still not know how much the DBP is actually underfunded.

I voted NO.

The most recent AMR Pension Statement for TWU M&R had our pension plan funded at %81.09 using the assumed rate of return from both the PPA, lobbied for by the TWU, and the prior years assumed rate of return: we still not know how much the DBP is actually underfunded.

I voted NO.
We aren't going to find out, either, until after the Parker/Horton "merger" results in another bankruptcy filing - probably already planned for dumping pensions.

Give it a year or two after the "two amigos' " plans come to fruition after the outrage over this unwarranted (me too) AMR bankruptcy filing dies down

I understand there is a 20 page document circulating in Tulsa against our Local 562 President Bob Owens

I invite who ever wrote it to come to New York and explain it to the membership here? Come one/ come all we would enjoy your company.

Why only in Tulsa and more importantly where is the circulating documents against the company against their lies and half truths?

Our union officials attack their own for faulting the company and pointing out how bad this proposal will be for everyone now and in the future.

It is not what they are telling you, its what they are not telling you that should scare you and make you ask why no one else is raising the issues?

Our Union leaders have a duty to fully inform their members of all parts of the proposal and their intent now and in the future. Not like John Hewitt and only point out what they want. That is an injustice to their local and their members. Tell your members everything in the proposal and then they can make an infomed decision.

so go ahead and citicize Bob Owens at least he gives you the real intent of this career changing proposal and our future.

This document was indeed distributed across the Tulsa Base.

Interesting response from many who read the document.

Most I talked with said that once the TWU Local 514 resorts to attacking a person instead of explaining the offer, they are now NO VOTERS. Even those that do not like Bob Owens, dislike this material distribution even more.

Funny how everything they do to spread their fear is blowing up in their face.

The membership here in Tulsa has had enough of these political games.

Rick Mullings, you are not any better at organizing than you are at making yourself worthy of a paycheck by either AA or the TWU. Cowards will not sign their documents. Cowards have others do their dirty political work while hiding behind the curtain.

Latest posts

Back