TWU Local 514 Election Cycle Begins

TWU informer

Veteran
Nov 4, 2003
Well 2010 will bring another round of TWU Local 514 Officer Elections.

I have uploaded a video that should remind everyone that your vote and the winner will have a dramatic impact on your workplace. Please do not accept a business card, a hand shake, or name recognition as adequate information to cast your ballot. Do not accept broken promises from tongues of liars.

We should demand a public forum where candidates are asked questions regarding the direction of our future and are required to answer these questions in front of the membership. No longer should you accept the past practices involved on these elections as adequate.

Here is a simple reminder video:

DO NOT GET FOOLED LIKE THIS AGAIN !!!!

This video is from I believe 2004 time frame right after the so-called "pajama party" took place.

In my opinion:

In 2010, we are mismanaged more than when this video was made.

In 2010, there is less ability in mangement than when this video was made.

In 2010, we have less accountability than when this video was made.

In 2010, there is less skill in the workforce than when this video was made.

In 2010, there is less trust within the workforce than when this video was made.

In 2010, there is no third party work to speak of on the Tulsa Base.

In 2010, management is attempting to erode the labor agreement further.

In 2010, the membership of the union has still never been given a chance to vote and express opinions on this working together process.

In 2010, a higher percentage of work is being outsourced than the day this video was made.

In 2010, the headcount is considerably less than the day this video was made.

WE cannot subsidize this ignorance with concessions and succeed. We could work for $12.00 per hour without benefits and soon that wouldn't be enough to float this mismanaged boat.

This was a joke when they made it as I recall dennis said he was going to fill their pockets with money then he was going to stick his hands in their pockets, from time to time I wonder what he pulled out? On a more serious note the Twu intnl would like you guys in Tulsa to install another puppet as prez I heard thru the grapevine dennis is backing terry lesExperience he would fit the bill to a tee. terry with a mere stroke of a roll call vote could get you guys another concessionary contract!!

With the roll call vote our union has been held hostage to management friendly, International compliant, Local 514 Presidents.

That is why it is so important, IMHO, to choose a local president that is not afraid to do the right thing and the right thing is to represent the will of the membership rather than the boys in suits.

I am against the role call vote. It is nothing but a tool used to screw the membership.

www.514defenders.org

REAL Unionism is on its way back!

With the roll call vote our union has been held hostage to management friendly, International compliant, Local 514 Presidents.

That is why it is so important, IMHO, to choose a local president that is not afraid to do the right thing and the right thing is to represent the will of the membership rather than the boys in suits.

I am against the role call vote. It is nothing but a tool used to screw the membership.

www.514defenders.org

REAL Unionism is on its way back!

What is most important is to get a fair election. At minimum get a requirement to have a payroll signature of voting employees on the return envelopes that the election committee can compare to insure ballots coming in are actually votes by members instead of a retired secretary and her band of corruption thugs. Local 567 uses the signature system and 514 should also.

All will be for not unless someone takes the initiative to fix this long standing problem with 514 Elections.

Place an order with this group http://www.uniondemocracy.com/ on the books regarding fair elections.

This one
http://www.uniondemocracy.com/Resources/books/honest.htm
Compare what takes place at Local 514 to the known ways to steal an election.

Then make your motions for By-Law Changes to compel the election committee to certain standards.