Local news

convair

Dec 2, 2019
Looks like the parent company of the Star Telegram is filing for bankruptcy. Bummer. Back in 2003, I learned how much my pay cut would be from a Star Telegram article. The newspaper seemed to enjoy delivering bad news to AA employees. But that news was always friendly to Carty and Arpey . But, hey, it’s all water under the bridge now. And I have some advice for their reporters and editors. Who knows - a google search could lead them here.

• you have to compete with low cost news sources
  • your work rules are archaic. Those journalist contracts will have to be revised.
  • the hub and spoke distribution method of your paper isn’t working. Consider point to point.
  • your paper is a cost-crippled dinosaur. You have to slim down to survive. Pay cuts are necessary.
  • outsourcing to freelance reporters is the industry standard now.
  • You’ll get your wages restored if McClatchy’s credit rating improves to BBB-. Don’t hold your breath, though.
  • Review your code of ethics. The next time you want to report on union/management issues, remember to seek the truth, minimize harm, and act INDEPENDENTLY.

They printed whatever american dictated. I cancelled my subscription years ago because of their slanted reporting.