Should fliers be worried about a strike at AA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about some examples? If it is so effective why only one union using this effective system?

AA-JFK 1999. Mechanics worked to rule and pretty much shut the station down for a week . The incident was triggered when the company decided to take disciplinary action against mechanics for an act that was condoned for decades simply because they wre embarrased that film of mechanics resting on an airplane was shown on HARD COPY.

In your eyes,possibly. What chaos is defined by the AFA is a strike. Not a work to rule, but then you knew that already.

I believe its defined as a job action, not a strike. You should know that.

Not being ill

Your definition of sick is NOT being ill. Funny I always considered ill to be synonymous with sick.

So what Bob, what does that have to do with anything. My post was about the fact that no other union use's this so called effective tool.

Well your statement that this was in response to pointed out that the UAW struck and did not go BK. THe UAW operate under a completely different set of rules and they can strike as soon as their contract expires, whereas airline workers who are due raises often are prohibited from striking because in order to strike the NMB must release them first. Admit it, you were wrong to use the UAW as an example.

Besides you who else said the APFA strike was illegal?

When did I say that? Reread what I wrote. It clearly read that the APFA was allowed to go on strike, should I have added "by the government" to make it clearer?
You really need to look into the RLA and look at labor history before you get into such discussions.

What does anything I said have to do with the RLA and Rosa Parks

Its additional information that you could apparently use, if not, then maybe someone else can. You really should learn more about the RLA since it has a tremendous impact on the contracts we get and it doesnt hurt to learn that the unjust application of the RLA and BK laws do not have to be tolerated.

Beauty, As I have posted in another area, the other union people4 at AA need to take a 40% pay cut so the pilots can have their 30% increase. The planes will not fly without the pilots, but they can without the rest of the union people. Also the other union people should give up their passes so that the pilots will not
have any trouble traveling when they are on vacation.

They should FAMikey, your profits so far have been almost 430 million lucky to hit 800 for the year, the pilots are asking for a 30% increase - so i guess you'll be working for pennies... Don't forget you have 3 negotiations going on not just one... Take your percentage times 3 --- its simple,, AMR absolutely cannot increase wages more than 9-10% or they will be in the RED... That is for all work groups combined... You figure it out since your so intelligent.. Oh I forgot, you didn't take advance above algebra. Good thing you don't need it for simple logisitics like this. . . . ROTFLMAO :lol: WAKE UP SLEEPY HEADS, TIME TO GO HOME PARTIES OVER!!!

Beauty, As I have posted in another area, the other union people4 at AA need to take a 40% pay cut so the pilots can have their 30% increase. The planes will not fly without the pilots, but they can without the rest of the union people. Also the other union people should give up their passes so that the pilots will not
have any trouble traveling when they are on vacation.

LOL, that is a riot!!! Yeah if the pilots are hell bent on their 30% raise, then off to a 40% paycut with the rest of them... If not, thats cool, they can all take a cut... The airline can't fly without pilots for sure, mechanics can be outsourced and I am sure the flight attendants could be too.. although highly unlikely in my opinion... These people don't seem to get it though.. AHHH well, they will sure feel it in their paycheck.

May I recommend that you take a remedial math class? 3% for all work groups is 3% for the entire workforce which works out to 3% across the board.

No sweet pea, I am talking about on an individual work group basis, I know that a 3% across the board is 3% across the board, however we are talking different numbers.. 3% for a pilot is much different than 3% for a flight attendant... Pardon me if I worded it wrong.. 3% per respective workgroup to get to 1billion.. That equals aprox. 850 million and that is on a downgraded scale... Please, forgive me if i didn't put it into civilian language. And this of course is just on the hypothetical basis of them profiting 1B+.....

They should FAMikey, your profits so far have been almost 430 million lucky to hit 800 for the year, the pilots are asking for a 30% increase - so i guess you'll be working for pennies... Don't forget you have 3 negotiations going on not just one... Take your percentage times 3 --- its simple,, AMR absolutely cannot increase wages more than 9-10% or they will be in the RED... That is for all work groups combined... You figure it out since your so intelligent.. Oh I forgot, you didn't take advance above algebra. Good thing you don't need it for simple logisitics like this. . . . ROTFLMAO :lol: WAKE UP SLEEPY HEADS, TIME TO GO HOME PARTIES OVER!!!

Your husband must handle the checkbook. If EVERY group on the property got a 3% increase then labor costs could go up 3%.

Lets say you pay $99 a year for Labor. $33 to an FA, $33 to a gate agent and $33 to a pilot. The FA gets a 3% raise (33x.03=.99) but everybody else stays the same. Your new total for labor costs is $99.99. Your total labor costs went up 1%, not 3%. It went up three percent for a third of the workforce.

Your husband must handle the checkbook. If EVERY group on the property got a 3% increase then labor costs could go up 3%.

Lets say you pay $99 a year for Labor. $33 to an FA, $33 to a gate agent and $33 to a pilot. The FA gets a 3% raise (33x.03=.99) but everybody else stays the same. Your new total for labor costs is $99.99. Your total labor costs went up 1%, not 3%. It went up three percent for a third of the workforce.

Yes Bob, I know that... I am saying on a 1B dollar basis .... I am sorry I should have explained myself better, the average pilot at AA makes more than 3x that of a flight attendant.. I am not sure about mechanics.. but I was trying to explain to the previous poster that were not just talking about FAs salary and the poster was going on 1billion dollar basis, therefore if that is the case, AMR would can't even stand a 5% increase across the board.

No sweet pea, I am talking about on an individual work group basis, I know that a 3% across the board is 3% across the board,
Your exact words were "I am talking about a 3% increase per work group... which equals a 9% across the board increase and a 3% respective work group increase." Sounds pretty cut and dry to me.

however we are talking different numbers.. 3% for a pilot is much different than 3% for a flight attendant...
Obviously, but then this has nothing to do with what you said before no matter how you try to spin it.
Pardon me if I worded it wrong..
Ah, Ya think.
3% per respective workgroup to get to 1billion.. That equals aprox. 850 million and that is on a downgraded scale... Please, forgive me if i didn't put it into civilian language. And this of course is just on the hypothetical basis of them profiting 1B+.....
Yea in civilian language and not the language you used to speak before you left area 51. I would love to see you show us where you get the numbers and the equation thats brings these bizarre numbers together.

Donttouch's attempt at simple math simply proves that he ain't the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree by a long shot.

Dumb AND crazy is not a good combination. :rolleyes:

Yes Bob, I know that... I am saying on a 1B dollar basis .... I am sorry I should have explained myself better, the average pilot at AA makes more than 3x that of a flight attendant.. I am not sure about mechanics.. but I was trying to explain to the previous poster that were not just talking about FAs salary and the poster was going on 1billion dollar basis, therefore if that is the case, AMR would can't even stand a 5% increase across the board.
Nice try, but factually incorrect yet again. Even the theory is astoundingly off.

He comes from USAirways Express where he wasn't expected to be able to count past 86, the seating capacity of their largest aircraft. I'm sure UA training is great, but they just assumed he could count past 86.

Guess they were wrong.

Yea in civilian language and not the language you used to speak before you left area 51. I would love to see you show us where you get the numbers and the equation thats brings these bizarre numbers together.
[/quote]

I am merely going on the number of 1B posted before, I am not trying to spin it, however I thought the previous poster was talking about a 200million increase for flight attendants at 3% not all groups, because if that was the case it would be like a 9-10 % increase and we aren't talking about work rules included.. which equals pay as well. I was going on 1B profit and 200million increase for one work group. My misunderstanding if I understood the poster wrong.. Unlike some people I can admit if i was wrong... However I am not - :eek:
So go sell it to someone else StrAAight and FAMikey, read the previous posts before you go bashing...

I am merely going on the number of 1B posted before, I am not trying to spin it, however I thought the previous poster was talking about a 200million increase for flight attendants at 3% not all groups, because if that was the case it would be like a 9-10 % increase and we aren't talking about work rules included.. which equals pay as well. I was going on 1B profit and 200million increase for one work group. My misunderstanding if I understood the poster wrong.. Unlike some people I can admit if i was wrong...

Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah... :rolleyes:

Yeah, right....whateva... :rolleyes:

Nice try, but factually incorrect yet again. Even the theory is astoundingly off.

Get a grip Ms. Thang, you are obviously not reading the whole thread, because if you had you would see my point. I guess you will poke at anything due to your insecurities though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts