Maa F/a Update

Light Years

Veteran
Aug 27, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Update from union reps for MAA Division F/As:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On March 21-23, your negotiating committee met with MidAtlantic Officials in
Crystal City for the twofold purpose of finalizing our contract and for
getting additional information on the announced acquisition of MidAtlantic by
Republic Airways. We were very disappointed in the company's lack of
preparedness on both topics. While it may seem pointless now to finalize our contract, we must proceed as if the Republic transaction doesn't exist in case it is never consummated.

We were not able to get many details that we can share with you regarding the
acquisition. But we will continue to press for information so that you can
make the decisions you need to make with the most information possible. It
had been our hope to have more specific details to share with you. But at this
point, we do not. Many of our questions the company acknowledged that they
hadn't even thought about. AFA-CWA will continue to exert every possible
means to make sure that the legal and contractual benefits of MidAtlantic Flight
Attendants are protected.

We will keep you informed every step of the way to best of our ability. We
are scheduled to meet with the company again April 6-8. We are very hopeful
that this set of meetings will be far more productive than the most recent.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also from mainline....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fyi...

As of 3/28 we have 228 VFLR request. Most bidding all choices
with the following order requested... June, September, and then
December.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the May 1 mainline recall (to LGA), the company was seeking 50 F/As. they sent out letters to the top 200 furloughed F/As, 30 or so who are active MAA. 165 responded, of which only 43 opted to return to mainline at the present time. 20 of the 43 are active MAA. The number of MAA F/As deciding to return to mainline rose dramatically after the Republic announcement. No word on whether the company will seek to fill the seven mainline positons in LGA or if there will be another recall. They will return to the top of the list with each new offer of recall, and MAA or furloughed F/As can pass until the most junior is recalled.

The company is having at least one MAA recall class in either April or June to replace the mainline recalled F/As. It will be interesting to see how many will return.

They also opened up transfers back to PHL and PIT for when the 20 F/As leave.

I hope that whatever happens, that all MDA employees come out alright, in particular our Flight Attendants that have worked so hard and done such a great job.

hell Yeah they do a good job, with a positive attitude and low precentage of drama. Although the plane is pleasing to the passengers, IMO it was the MDA flight attendants that made an good flight great.

No matter what happens, Know that i have always been very impressed with the cabin crews that I have worked with at MidAtlantic.

LOL, the only things they get written up for is doing too many beverage services on the long flights and playing boarding music because it's not "Express" protocol. Any airline would be lucky to have those crews.

I just hope we all do not get furloughed again. I would love to be back at mainline, but that doesnt even look so hot either at this point. The company just seems to hold everything from us and then"BLOW" .."Hey by the way, we brought you guys back and now we are selling our planes that make this company money, not sure if we have a job for you in the future, but we will get back to you and let you know."

I do agree about the MAA F/A's...WONDERFUL!!!!! :up:

Good luck MAA F/A's, I hope Republic does not try to screw you all over by taking your Recall Rights to Mainline and start intergrating their F/A's to crew the aircraft. They are not in your league!

The general consensus is that if there was even talk of losing recall rights or seniority no one would go.

If it's preferential hiring they offer, well, put it this way, they could apply anywhere and I doubt Chautauqua is what they had in mind.