Machinists Union Update

I do not know about FSA, I am not a member of that district.

After reading the court documents it is the first proposal given to the Fleet.

The IAM, AFA, & CWA did well in the S.1113(e) hearing. I guess the judge will all of a sudden change his position and not support the company. After all, his track record indicates he will not support the company, right?

Regards,

USA320Pilot

320 pilot i agree, It appears, all unions will reach some sort of an agreement. BTW 700, if theres no longer a cba, how can a union emploee strike????????????? You sure do talk alot about something that makes no sense... You continue to be in denial. Union are stupid, they knoe the bottom line here.

USA320Pilot said:
The IAM, AFA, & CWA did well in the S.1113(e) hearing. I guess the judge will all of a sudden change his position and not support the company. After all, his track record indicates he will not support the company, right?

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="200525"][/post]​

I think one piece that you seem to always over look, is will the judge think that the employees will support the company with a ruling of abrogation going forward?

After all, in a "people business", a company must provide customer service...and that service is provided by the employees, not the judge, not the managment, not the creditors, not the stakeholders, not the customers.

Yup, I think one needs to ponder that for awhile...

Because you still have union representation, just no longer have a CBA, but I would not expect you to understand it.

And 320, 21% instead of 23% and no outsourcing due to attrition or job action.

I would not be surprised by a COMBINED strike by IAM, AFA & CWA during the Thanksgiving week.....No crossing of picket lines by each other's members...Looks like no other options are left since the company picked abrogatting contracts over the negotiations process...

usfliboi said:
320 pilot i agree, It appears, all unions will reach some sort of an agreement. BTW 700, if theres no longer a cba, how can a union emploee strike????????????? You sure do talk alot about something that makes no sense... You continue to be in denial. Union are stupid, they knoe the bottom line here.
[post="200529"][/post]​

Read up you making fool of yourself

Self Help

Code

Conclusion: The Right to Strike Preserved
When it enacted Section 1113, Congress relieved employers of their Section 6 responsibilities – it provided employers with a shortcut to unilateral implementation. While nothing explicit was directed towards the right to strike, it seems almost absurd to suggest that Congress intended to (1) relieve employers of their responsibilities under an otherwise valid collective bargaining agreement, (2) permit debtors to unilaterally implement terms of employment without first adhering to Section 2(First) and Section 6, while at the same time (3) compelling employees to accept the employer’s proposals and (4) prohibiting the peaceful exercise of their right to strike without resorting to the RLA procedures they were denied in the first place

PITbull said:
I think one piece that you seem to always over look, is will the judge think that the employees will support the company with a ruling of abrogation going forward?

After all, in a "people business", a company must provide customer service...and that service is provided by the employee, not the judge, not the managment, not the creditors, not the stakeholder, not the customer.

Yup, I think one needs to ponder that for awhile...
[post="200530"][/post]​

PITbull isn't it amazing that some DELETED pilot can forget that? I mean c'mon, we could have Chuck Yeager in the cockpit; if the customers run into bad 'tudes from the customer service employees it's hasta la vista. Sorry USA320Pilot your 'fancy flying' cannot make up for that. Just get used to the fact you are indeed a little cog in the big US Airways machine. Your cog is not bigger nor better than all the other cogs. You just refuse to understand that the majority of the cogs have just run out of grease and won't work without proper care. Just because USA320Pilot cog has chosen management's "bend over Vaseline greasing" doesn't mean all the other cogs should too. The machine is dying and Vaseline ain't workin'.

If the AFA, CWA, & IAM did so well in the S.1113(e) hearing than why is there so much complaining?

How much A320 and A330 overhual did the IAM obtain?

The judge will support the creditors and the company's offers keep getting worse and worse. Just like with ALPA RC4's, the other union's keep getting worse proposals. You would think the CWA, AFA, & IAM leaders would have learned, but they are leading their members to worse contracts too.

It's too bad because a lot of people are being hurt by union leaders.

Today the Pittsburgh Tribune Review reported US Airways is now seeking $716 million in wage and benefit cuts from the Association of Flight Attendants, the Communications Workers of America and the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers. That's a $66 million increase from the airline's previous demand for $650 million from the three labor groups. "These people are not operating in good faith," said Teddy Xidas, president-elect of the Association of Flight Attendants' master council. "They keep changing the targets.

Nobody should be surprised that the company's proposals are getting worse. This is exactly what ALPA's RC4 did to the pilot's and now the other union's are witnessing it too. Nobody who reads this board cannot say you were not warned that this would happen.

Regards,

USA320pilot

USA320Pilot,

I will never understand how Teddy can hurt her own membership and sleep at night...it really is terrible.

She will agree to bring back furloughees at newhire wages and longevity to save her pay and that of other semi-senior FAs...sad really.

UseYourHead said:
USA320Pilot,

She will agree to bring back furloughees at newhire wages and longevity to save her pay and that of other semi-senior FAs...sad really.
[post="200584"][/post]​

Huh?????

Can someone explain this post in simple terms?

The outsourcing is for only 4 months, Mesa and any fly-by-night RJ operator will fly your routes permenantly. You are just scared cause other employees are fed up and ready to end this place.

And to UYH,

The Pit LEC President is not on the negotiating committee so she won't be bringing anything back. I wonder how someone like you can sleep at night with the lack of a intestinal fortitude.

And calling her a criminal will get you in trouble, you can't slander someone on the internet. Pretty strong accusation there.

USA320Pilot said:
If the AFA, CWA, & IAM did so well in the S.1113(e) hearing than why is there so much complaining?

How much A320 and A330 overhual did the IAM obtain?

The judge will support the creditors and the company's offers keep getting worse and worse. Just like with ALPA RC4's, the other union's keep getting worse proposals. You would think the CWA, AFA, & IAM leaders would have learned, but they are leading their members to worse contracts too.

It's too bad because a lot of people are being hurt by union leaders.

Regards,

USA320pilot
[post="200577"][/post]​

fear (f"r), n.
1. a distressing emotion aroused by impending danger, evil, pain, etc., whether the threat is real or imagined; the feeling or condition of being afraid.
2. a specific instance of or propensity for such a feeling: an abnormal fear of heights.
3. concern or anxiety; solicitude: a fear for someone's safety.
4. reverential awe, esp. toward God.
5. that which causes a feeling of being afraid; that of which a person is afraid: Cancer is a common fear.
–v.t.
6. to regard with fear; be afraid of.
7. to have reverential awe of.
8. Archaic. to experience fear in (oneself).
–v.i.
9. to have fear; be afraid.
[bef. 900; ME fere, OE fær sudden attack or danger; c. OS f!r ambush, D gevaar, G Gefahr danger, ON f!r disaster]
—Syn.1. apprehension, consternation, dismay, terror, fright, panic, horror, trepidation. FEAR, ALARM, DREAD all imply a painful emotion experienced when one is confronted by threatening danger or evil. ALARM implies an agitation of the feelings caused by awakening to imminent danger; it names a feeling of fright or panic: He started up in alarm. FEAR and DREAD usually refer more to a condition or state than to an event. FEAR is often applied to an attitude toward something, which, when experienced, will cause the sensation of fright: fear of falling. DREAD suggests anticipation of something, usually a particular event, which, when experienced, will be disagreeable rather than frightening: She lives in dread of losing her money. The same is often true of FEAR, when used in a negative statement: She has no fear she'll lose her money. 6. apprehend, dread.

Latest posts