Machinists Union Update

700UW

Corn Field
Nov 11, 2003
NC
IAM / US AIRWAYS UPDATE 1113(e) Filing

TO: All IAM Represented US Airways Employees

Representatives from the Grand Lodge, Districts 141 & 142, and our financial advisor today met with US Airways at the company’s headquarters in Arlington, VA.

We discussed US Airways’ 1113(e) court filing, which requests bankruptcy court approval for immediate temporary cost savings from IAM members and members of the company’s other unions. Details of the proposal were addressed in a September 24, 2004 bulletin.

The IAM today advised US Airways that the breadth and magnitude of its proposals were unjustifiable. The company remains adamant that their proposals must be accepted in their entirety despite the fact that they have settled for far less with other employee groups.

A bankruptcy hearing on US Airway’s motion to impose temporary cost savings is scheduled for October 7, 2004 in Virginia. The IAM’s attorneys are prepared to argue before the court and defend our members and our contracts.

Your continued support and solidarity is greatly appreciated, and we will continue to keep you advised of future developments as they occur.

Sincerely and fraternally,

William O'Driscoll
PRESIDENT-DIRECTING
GENERAL CHAIRMAN
District Lodge #142

Randy Canale
PRESIDENT-DIRECTING
GENERAL CHAIRMAN
District Lodge #141

its obvious the mean,wicked,evil spirited machinists are going to be singled out for 'non compliance'.....
but on the other hand...who the hell drew first blood anyway??

The judge is worried about one thing.... Protecting the airline and its creditors... not about the past !

usfliboi said:
The judge is worried about one thing.... Protecting the airline and its creditors... not about the past !
[post="188396"][/post]​

You're exactly right. Unfortunately for their membership the IAM has been painted into a corner with very tall walls!

usfliboi
Posted Today, 12:36 PM

Hence my comment. US Airways is entrenched in a Corporate Culture of blind elitism. Which makes this management incapable of differentiating between reality and desire, and of making the competent decisions needed to save this airline.

repeet said:
I hope that we can make the Judge appreciate the fact that, this has always been the company's concept of "bargianing".
[post="188392"][/post]​

Bargaining in this circumstance doesn't mean that you get something you like, but rather you get something that's slightly less undesirable.

MrAeroMan said:
You're exactly right. Unfortunately for their membership the IAM has been painted into a corner with very tall walls!
[post="188403"][/post]​
If I remember correctly, You fellas were so sure the IAM was going to lose the arbitration ruling..Sorry to disappoint you, Those tall walls have been taken down a notch or two... :up:

usfliboi said:
[post="188396"][/post]​
Thanks to management's stupidity, The IAM is now one of the creditors that you speak of due to the Airbus Arbitration win.. :shock:

RowUnderDCA said:
Bargaining in this circumstance doesn't mean that you get something you like, but rather you get something that's slightly less undesirable.
[post="188409"][/post]​

True enough, but at least this way, you get to the bottom line.

That's better than the Chinese water torture the Palace is so adept at.

Undesirable? R.U.D., you've got understatement DOWN! ;)

i thought i had seen somewhere on here that the clowns that are running this airline are going to ask the judge to continue with the outsourcing of the airbus. is it true or what?

insp89 said:
If I remember correctly, You fellas were so sure the IAM was going to lose the arbitration ruling..Sorry to disappoint you, Those tall walls have been taken down a notch or two... :up:
[post="188431"][/post]​

It's a hallow victory. What exactly have you won? Money?? UAIR doesn't have any!

Employees with pre-petition awards will get paid in full, it happened in the last bankruptcy case.

And the figure that has been floating around is $7.2 million in damages.

Grievances awards to employees go to the top of the list.

Latest posts