Major news coming shortly

UAL777flyer

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
I apologize. I only post this stuff when the info is told to me from previously reliable sources. However, considering the situation UA is in, a lot of these announcements keep getting put off by the BOD, for whatever reasons. Hopefully this is accurate and we'll find out something soon. As soon as I hear something, I'll post it.

We''ve just been told that some significant news will be coming out shortly. In addition to the management/salaried paycut proposals, we''ve been told that management changes may also be announced, to include certain resignations. Stay tuned folks. Something should be known within the next couple of hours.

One thing is for sure, UAL will have to "LEAD, by example, before they can seriously "TRY" to extract 20% pay cuts(for 6 years).
Bye the way, IMHO, 20%, is TOTALLY unreasonable !!!!!!!!!!!!

(actually), the "bottom line", is that I sincerely wish ALL the folks at UAL, the very best , during this difficult period !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NH/BB's
AA/AFL-CIO

----------------
On 8/30/2002 10:22:58 AM

We've just been told that some significant news will be coming out shortly. In addition to the management/salaried paycut proposals, we've been told that management changes may also be announced, to include certain resignations. Stay tuned folks. Something should be known within the next couple of hours.
----------------

Dang you. You are without a doubt, the BIGGEST tease on this board. You get us all worked up then...nothing.[;)] I hope you're right this time

----------------
On 8/30/2002 10:22:58 AM

We've just been told that some significant news will be coming out shortly.
----------------
August 29, 2002

Read it all here

[:((]

Major Topics
-Upgrades
-Fare Rules
-Discounts on Sale, Promotional and Other Deeply Discounted Fares
-Paper Tickets
-Corporate Solutions
-Back to Back ticketing

BusinessWeek Online is reporting Weirton Steel CEO John Walker or ChevronTexaco vice-chairman Glenn Tilton could become the new chief executive and the unions are courting Gerry Greenwald as a nonexecutive chairman.

BusinessWeek said UAL could announce a CEO hiring as early as Labor Day, when Creighton and much of UAL's top management team are expected to resign, led by Rono Dutta and Andy Studdert.

Read the article at http://biz.yahoo.com/bizwk/020831/nf200208...08290908_1.html.

Chip

Complicating matters for Walker -- or ChevronTexaco's Tilton -- is the fact that he may be forced to start without much inside help. Sources say UAL President Rono J. Dutta and Andrew P. Studdert, the company's chief operating officer, both intend to resign on Sept. 2, along with Creighton.

Interesting comment.

Most think that Dutta and Studdert have only been cashing a paycheck for months now. the handwritting has been on the wall. That's likely the REAL reason Dutta had not "plan" to reveal in the second quater conferance call. he had already been stripped of most of his power. Jake Brace will likely be the new COO, and there are still persistant rumours that Greenwald will return as the COB. The Greenwald part may help investor (and loaner) confidence, although I think even a monkey could have lead UAL to profits from 94-99. Oh yeah, WSJ is reporting that the man is Glen Tilton (your last name isn't Tilton is it?[;)] )