Malaysia Airlines B777-200 Missing

I have been following the events of this flight over on Airliners.net, and it has reached 28 threads already with each consisting of 250 posts. Many indications that it landed somewhere on the western edges of China. They have been discussing the possibility of the AC "shadowing" in the trail of another flight to stay off radar.

xUT said:
We will not know until we know, then after we know it will not be true as we know it is a known fake. We do know that we do not know... :p
:wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

I want to know what did who know and when did they know it?

You know?

xUT said:
We will not know until we know, then after we know it will not be true as we know it is a known fake. We do know that we do not know... :p
:wacko: :wacko: :wacko:
:blink: :rolleyes:             

I think it was a well thought out plan by somebody. 

I was asked on another thread what I thought happened to the passengers when I mentioned that no one seems to be looking into the possibility that something of value in the cargo hold might be the root cause of all of this.  I was gently nudged away from thread creep, so I am posting my thoughts here.  I think there are many possibilities with that scenario, but here are two:

1. If the media reports that the  airplane climbed to 45,000 feet, maybe a pilot intentionally depressurized and murdered everyone on board in short order.  Sure, the masks would have dropped, but that supply is only partial oxygen and the oxygen generators only work for about ten minutes.  If the airplane remained at 45,000, that supplemental oxygen in the cabin would have been useless anyway, since the partial pressure of the oxygen would not have been enough to move it into anyone's bloodstream.  The pilot would be using pressurized oxygen and would have maintained full consciousness throughout the entire scenario.  

The cabin drop-down masks are intended to keep pax alive while the pilots make an emergency rapid descent to an alittude where people can breath unassisted.  If that emergency descent is not accomplished and the airplane remains at altitude, everyone suffocates and dies.

2. Perhaps the pilot just takes everyone on a "joy ride" to a remote jungle airstrip of sufficient length (3,000 feet?...I wonder how quickly he could stop a 777 with practice on his home simulator?) to get the airplane stopped.  There, they are met by "friendly," yet criminal, factions who were expecting the arrival of their treasure, neatly stored in the cargo hold.  The passengers are left to fend for themselves.  (I hope this is what happened...people are very resilient and would likely all survive such a scenario for the several weeks it may take to locate them, or for them to locate civilization.)

Probably the best educated speculation I've heard so far.

When did they ascend to 45k......was it shortly after the 'nighty night' transmission?

That would be interesting.

when the plane's transponder stopped working  id think that atc would have attempted to contact the crew immediately  im surprised no one has mention that yet

The shutdown of the transponder reportedly happened right at the time of changeover from Malaysian ATC to Vietnamese ATC.  Malaysian ATC probably did not care, since they were in process of washing their hands of the flight.  And no one ever checked in with Vietnamese ATC, so they might not even have been aware of the flight's existence.

One cannot measure the actions of air traffic control in other countries based on how it works in the US.  Modern, "westernized" countries certainly have ATC models that rival that of the US, but in most of the world, pilots are basically "on their own" and cannot depend much on ATC services.

It's very different, and it is not at all surprising that no one bothered to say squat about the transponder going off.

1000632_10152076510467144_759091456_n.png

Back