Management Bonus!

All I'm trying to say is that this is capitalism. Just the way it is. Nature of the beast. Moaning on an Internet board about how much money these people make will accomplish squat. Seriously, now. What are you going to do about their pay? Nothing. You'll vent your frustrations within small groups of co-workers and go about your business. What did you expect?

No moaning here...those are your words. I'm just pointing out the fallacy of your argument: The disconnect of reasoning to support a conclusion.

"That's just the way it is"? No, that's just the way it is made to be by them, for them...company ledger be damned. Sighing a glib "that's just the way it is" is just the lazy man's ( or arrogant man's ) way of cutting off debate.

What do do about it? 1st off, bring it to light, get it discussed, and hammer , hammer, hammer away so that it is a major talking point ( and rallying point ) that just won't go away. That's the nice thing about the 'net; Before, about the only way you'd get your voice heard is the op-ed page of a local rag.

Next would be a an analysis of how/why of this behavior, and to tailor the strategy based upon company performance: If the company just staggers along or falters, these talking points pointing out executive arrogance will be kept in the forefront ( always fresh ) and will be used to point out utter hypocrisy in case these same people start to hint at further concessions. If finances really ARE that tight, why such irresponsibility? And, furthermore, if said largesse was supposed to somehow "buy" better performance...and by extension, corporate success...why isn't it working? Or, maybe they just want to go on record as saying ( in so many words ) that they don't give a damn about the company, they're just here to line their pockets any way they can? That'll look good with all industry eyes on this "new" merged enterprise. Now, if the numbers start looking better, then we'll hold the bonus eye-daggers in abeyance, and start to negotiate for rollbacks in the concessions. Negotiate with the knowledge that they are no longer in BK and therefore can no longer get judicial help to blunt employee bargaining power. Negotiate with the knowledge that all eyes are on this puppy and that they can ill afford a strike. New agreements will be/are being negotiated now, and are still in a state of flux, as far as just who the bargaing agents will be in some cases.

All eyes are on this newly merged enterprise: Are they going to lead by example...or is it the same old/same old? New corporate culture as promised? Assurances that "This time it's going to be different" are, and should be followed up on.

Question answered?

High Iron,

Wow, you summed it up nicely.

Just so happens, Barbee, that the BK laws changed in October specifically with Executive Compensation and bonus while in BK and while the company uses the BK protections to screw vendors, creditors, employees, an shareholders.

So making noise does work! And reminding the public every damn day. Personally, and from my neck of the woods, I got plenty of wind and energy for it, no matter where I'm at.

You can "cool-aide" this all you like, but the reality is that these management pigs have once again stuck their greedy snouts in the trough. For heaven's sake, the new company has only been in operation for just over six weeks. Their salary increases are unwarranted and disgusting: we have yet to make a profit, I have not seen any operational improvements whatsoever; it certainly looks like business as usual out there on the line, and most of all, consider the immense sacrifices of the non-management employees (suicides, personal bankruptcies, divorces, pension terminations, loss of quality of life issues for crews, salary reductions, etc. etc.) What a slap in the face to all employees.

These management clowns from the top down make me sick! It is time that the union leaders stand up to this outrage. No more Doug Parker worship, please, until he and his managers prove that they can collectively run an airline, rather than what I see now, and that's a run-of-the-mill bunch of little piggies masquerading as airline executives. :angry:

Latest posts

Back