Funny Newspaper Clip

Flyonthewall comes on these boards and asks employees to help with a letter writing campaign with less than an enthusiastic response. This newspaper article is a typical view of not only the employees but the public, and yet fly *deleted by moderator* doesn't get it. Like today on an investment message board where a poster expressed concern given the directions this team has made only in the last week or two, one way then the very opposite the very next day. This article is fitting considering the entire situation is a bad dream or one big joke.

Well, I think the guy who wrote the article should be fired. He obviously has no journalistic aptitude. With all that is going on in world I don’t find it at all amusing that he would waste reader’s time with that garbage he should try switching to the comic section but that probably wouldn’t pan out either.

Doc said:
Well, I think the guy who wrote the article should be fired. He obviously has no journalistic aptitude. With all that is going on in world I don’t find it at all amusing that he would waste reader’s time with that garbage he should try switching to the comic section but that probably wouldn’t pan out either.
I think he was right on the mark considering the way things are going on at U with the leadership we have. What's the problem with finding humor in something as sad as this is, what’s the alternative besides crying which does nothing when laughing at it keeps the employees sane in an insane asylum.

Every time a knuckle head like him writes an article like this it can be misconstrued.
It don’t find it funny when the next time one of his readers decides to take a trip, do you think they will buy a ticket on U. I think not, I wouldn’t because I would be afraid of them not being there when it came time for my flight. So you see all this humor can bring you down little by little and if you think our management is screwing up as I do, we don’t need any more help………

Doc said:
Every time a knuckle head like him writes an article like this it can be misconstrued.
It don’t find it funny when the next time one of his readers decides to take a trip, do you think they will buy a ticket on U. I think not, I wouldn’t because I would be afraid of them not being there when it came time for my flight. So you see all this humor can bring you down little by little and if you think our management is screwing up as I do, we don’t need any more help………
Management has done way more damage than this little isolated article will or can. Coming out when he doesn't get his way and publicly stating the selling of major assets did and does more damage than this article can possibly do by 100 fold. It's so far gone now and most reasonable people will not base whether they fly U or not on some satirical article, give people more credit, most know we have the devil incarnate at the helm.

Oh yes. What about the plane landing in the wrong airport, what does that account for in PR when compared to this small item?

Agreed… but I don’t like negative press from some little guy thinking he is funny he certainly should find some more noteworthy news. Maybe he can’t !!!!!!

Doc said:
Agreed… but I don’t like negative press from some little guy thinking he is funny he certainly should find some more noteworthy news. Maybe he can’t !!!!!!
It IS noteworthy news, and a lot of truth emerges from comedy and parody. He lives in a town that has and will continue to suffer from the direct effect of decisions made by US Airways management.

It is odd that you should take aim and decide to blame or fire a person in the press because he is only reporting the ridiculousness of the events that have been transpiring at US Airways.

As an outsider, the entire cast of characters headquartered in the halls of management are the real joke and each and every decision and non-decision they make makes them appear more like the Keystone Kops.

This article is the very very least of USAirways concerns at this point.

Money is being spent on Mid Atlantic as we speak...and has been for a long time , yet many issues beyond the Aircrafts certification is hindering this project going forward and making money. Most if not all the problems that MAA is having , being the acft itself , is in fact self-created by U's Executive Branch.

This article is but a tempest in a tea cup when compared to the comments that have been released to the press by our very own "Non-Executive" Chairman of the Board on no less than two seperate occasions. His timing has hindered oiur ability to secure advanced bookings before peak holiday travel periods...and in the present lean season of the winter of 2004.

This year we were blessed with December load factors of 72.9%.....yet imagine what it could have been if fearfull readers had not had their advanced booking confidence shaken by our own BOD via public liquidation threats and the alike.

The enemy is all too often from within here.....and it ain't labor.

Latest posts

Back