Management Deadline

PineyBob,

I love it when the beneficiaries of all this carnage tell airline employees that they're really behind us.

PineyBob indicts himself, Remember I am a PAX, my only goal is to see US survive so I can fly on it. I was very succesful selling outsourcing contracts in my prior life, before being the Job Grinch made me unable to sleep nights. I have observed a great many situations like yours and I feel compelled to comment yet again.

Please tell us PineyBob, what measure are you willing to pay? Have you sent letters to your Politicians demanding that U be given the ATSB loan without the 7% ROI?

If you are the same PAX that wants everything for nothing, then you are part of the problem.

When the 'thug' says Kill yourself or I am going to shoot you dead. Does it really matter? You can not live with either option.

--Please do not say Come back and fight another day.

Just Call me Dave might now be known as...

Chainsaw Dave.....as in Chainsaw Al from Sunbeam. Wasn't he a criminal???
Go ahead Dave liquidate the company. You and your cronies will land at another airline. Alabama Retirement will get their money from the liquidation.

PineyBob..We thank you for your loyalty...We do appreciate it...especially during these difficult times..thanks also for the kind words as well, it means alot.

PineyBob,

I also appreciate your support. And I love the cockroach pin idea. Rest assured, if I see a cockroach, I'm going to do my best to make sure they get any little special attention I have to offer. Alas, in the new scheme of things, it most likely will have to be a bigger smile and maybe an extra bag of SkyMix, should I be able to scrounge some up.

Please keeping writing your letters and please keep flying with us as long as you can.

Can anyone confirm that a laid off airline worker can receive unemployment for up to two years if they are enrolled in full time school. I have heard this statement many times but I’m unable to find it in writing.
The Fat lady is singing! She’s getting Louder and Louder!
Please give me a link. Thanks, I’m ready for change!

I can tell you the feeling among fleet workers in PIT is a clear NO to the new contract proposal. Even the workers who voted yes last time are strongly opposed to this plan.
One union rep even predicted that the doors will close shortly.
Some guys were even cleaning out their lockers last night in anticipation of a Chapter 7 filing soon.

There are provision for schooling while on unemployment. It nn to be approved school and thats up to the individual state/area. I believe it is usally for some kind of training. You will have to check with your local UEI office for the info. It's not hard to get approval for most training, however if it is regular college type courses you will have to talk to the UE office.

So if we take vol fur now those 4 yrs of travel benefits may not be worth the breath to say it huh?

I still do believe, as I stated on another post, that there is a big picture. Maybe as Piney said they were over optimistic at first and didn't really mean for all this to happen, but I seem to have turned into a huge pessimist (sp?) these days. Conspiracy theories and all.

If the doors are not shut in the next few weeks, we will become a regional carrier or low cost service for someone else. We are getting rid of so many non stops where we could make money. Transcon and FL. I can't tell you how many paying pax I've had to turn away from the RSW market because the flts are SOLD OUT. We keep having new sales but good luck finding the seats. Seems like we don't want to sell seats at all.

Has anyone looked at avail for Presidents day week (Feb 13 and on)? Nothing but Y to sell but flights are WIDE open. In the past we have held back on H,K, V seats but there were B, M and some H to sell. I understand we now have limited flts to FL but we can't sell ANY seats for the peak spring weeks. People know the flts were cut and have been calling since Oct for the spring. They would gladly pay a marginally higher than usual price to get seats but 1100+ usd from Bos To Tpa is rediculous.

Seems like someone doesn't want to fill those planes just yet............

On 11/30/2002 6:44:54 AM zonecontroller wrote:

Can anyone confirm that a laid off airline worker can receive unemployment for up to two years if they are enrolled in full time school. I have heard this statement many times but I’m unable to find it in writing.
The Fat lady is singing! She’s getting Louder and Louder!
Please give me a link. Thanks, I’m ready for change!

----------------
I can tell you that for me it was 26 weeks.....13 weeks and then bye-bye! They won't pay for college as far as I know....I think trade schools is it....also states pay different benefit amounts so check with your state.....NJ I believe is the highest payer...
It's not that work is not out there, it's just the pay is piss-poor....I walked away voluntarily and you know, there is life after US....