Management Deadline

C

chipmunn

It is my understanding management told the labor leaders at the November 26 meeting the company desires a decision on further labor cuts from each labor group, by the close of business on Monday, December 2. Moreover, the company wants a unanimous response to its request.
US Airways senior vice president of employee relations Jerry Glass will hold a conference call on Wednesday, November 27 with the labor leaders and the labor coaltion will hold a conference call on Friday, November 29.
Management told the labor leaders the labor coalition decision will be presented to the US Airways Board of Directors on Tuesday, December 3 where the future course of action for US Airways will be determined.
Chip

What a joke!! You couldn't get an agreement on where to have a luncheon in this company in that kind of timeframe , muchless with a holiday weekend being caught in the middle.

How in the hell does anyone expect the represented labor groups to put together something like this for the BOD to revue?

Simply put..The Company knows this is un-realistic...and they will take this as yet another reason to impose some additional Labor Un-friendly Draconian measures upon the employee's again. There is obviously no limit to the vengence that management has in store for those that remain here. This airline had a chance...and that chance has been lost by continued short-sightedness and vedictiveness within the leadership ranks.

To further back my feeling ........................We are very disappointed in management. They appear to be attempting to restructure the company on the backs of labor. Management has shown very little creativity in turning this company around, said Roy Freundlich, spokesman for the Air Line Pilots Association.

The deadline will come and go! Not going to happen! We may as well let them go down to 245 a/c they are going to anyhow once the further cuts rollin! Ill admit im becoming very sceptacle about all this and doubting seigals ablities. Any one can slah and burn but im not seeing new thoughts on making income! New ideas etc are needed all im seeing is slash slash burn!

Chip,

It should be obvious that creating such an outrageous hit list like the one given to the IAM and then imposing a one-week deadline means that Dave's next move is a foregone conclusion: The unions will not bow to Dave's latest threat and due to union intrangience he will, regretably of course, swing right into the REAL plan.

I dont think they want or intend to shut the doors. These are the same tactics we have seen before. We have to fight for what we can and realize when we have to give up! I dont think these deadlines are set in stone. Dave knows full well the rules we play by and bk not withstanding that wont change.If Dave wanted to keep the faith he couldve approached this in a different way! This didnt happen overnight people u know as well as i do ! To come up at the last minute and make these types of blundering comments and decesions
is crazy!!!!!! Im slowly losing the faith in Dave. Ive seen no skill what so ever! WHY DO WE NEED TO PAY SOMEONE MILLIONS TO SLASH AND BURN! CUT AND PASTE? I dont care what the industry is doing. WE have the building blocks in place dave so USE THEM! If people arent flying, GIVE THEM A REAsON TO FLY !!!!If they arent coming to you u go to them ie marketing fare structure etc... You cant fly people and make money when your pulling flts away! Im beginning to think that all of this industry wide is a way to BREAK THE UNIONS BACK! The unions are worthless now and in a corner with a dunce hat on, helpless and in a tizzy!! DAVE why dont you go ahead and sell us off do what ya gotta do and stop playing the game and run with your millions because we all know in the end thats whats gonna happen!

I for One have had enough. I have given this company 13 plus years.It looks to me like the company will not be around much longer. The end is near it seems. I wish all my fellow coworkers the best of luck. Its probably best for the rest of the industry that we fail. I have worked my last Christmas Eve for this company.I will not miss any of the college bowl games this year. Chip, there is little hope left for any transaction, other than chapter 7. I plan to do nothing but take my pay for these last days. The is no work left in most of us. Happy Holidays

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 11/27/2002 3:29:30 AM chipmunn wrote:
[P]It is my understanding management told the labor leaders at the November 26 meeting the company desires a decision on further labor cuts from each labor group, by the close of business on Monday, December 2. Moreover, the company wants a unanimous response to its request.[BR][BR]US Airways senior vice president of employee relations Jerry Glass will hold a conference call on Wednesday, November 27 with the labor leaders and the labor coaltion will hold a conference call on Friday, November 29.[BR][BR]Management told the labor leaders the labor coalition decision will be presented to the US Airways Board of Directors on Tuesday, December 3 where the future course of action for US Airways will be determined.[BR][BR]Chip[BR][/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P][EM] [BR][STRONG]any speculation as to what moves may be ahead?i get a baadd feeling when the BOD get together lately.[BR] hows about: 1-drop out of the defined pension obligation[BR] 2-ask court to open 1113[BR] 3-liquidate [BR]i have some reliable contacts in AFA and ALPA who are very nervous we won't see the new year as a company. [/STRONG][/EM]

Hey luv2fly

You got me there. I thought someone would. So here goes WAR Damn EAGLE. We were out coached and out played. Congrats to all the AUBURN fans out there. I just hope DAVE'S team lost too!!!!!!!!

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/27/2002 1:17:27 PM ExUAW wrote:

..... why do I feel like I need to vomit? ...[img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/15.gif']
----------------
[/blockquote]

P.S.......... is Lorenzo back???

I agree with PineyBob's comments. They may not intend to shut the doors down, but in my view, considering that they want almost immediate agreement on this lengthy laundry list of additional givebacks, I think the pressure on a possible US liquidation is considerable. Siegel is fast running out of options. I think it highly unlikely that they get anywhere near what they're asking for with these latest demands. That spells trouble. As much as I know I'll probably get flamed for saying this, I'm starting to think that we could soon see an interesting set of events transpire regarding US Airways and possibly another airline. I say this because desperate times call for desperate measures. And US can only cut so much before they reach the point of diminished returns. So if Siegel doesn't get these cuts that he wants, US gets pushed to the brink.

I swear, when it comes to this industry, truth is stranger than fiction!

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 11/27/2002 1:20:25 PM UAL777flyer wrote:
[P]And US can only cut so much before they reach the point of diminished returns.[BR][BR][BR]----------------[BR][BR][FONT size=1] I'd say that point has already been reached.Maybe not from a financial viewpoint, but from the morale angle, it has been reached and exceeded.[BR][BR]Motivated employees who are treated with respect will move the heavens for you, employees who have been beaten over and over again will merely shrug in apathy and shake their heads.[BR][BR]How do you claim to be Employee Friendly yet turn around and close a maintenance base in the middle of the night?[BR][BR]I mean come on, that is poor form.Even Crandall, as ruthless a SOB as he was wouldn't have pulled a stunt like that.[BR][BR]Did anyone in upper management think that [STRONG][EM]maybe[/EM][/STRONG] this might snuff out the last remaining spark of morale in a large number of the employees? [BR][BR]I've met a number of U employees in my short stay at LGA and they are a dedicated group that deserves better than this.[/FONT][/P][/BLOCKQUOTE]

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/27/2002 1:21:05 PM 4THETIDE wrote:

Hey luv2fly

You got me there. I thought someone would. So here goes WAR Damn EAGLE. We were out coached and out played. Congrats to all the AUBURN fans out there. I just hope DAVE'S team lost too!!!!!!!!
----------------
[/blockquote]
Just messing with you. It was a great season for you considering all the bad media around BAMA. I hope Coach Fran stays, and good luck to you at US.