Management Wins while Company Loses?

Supposedly, the raises were to retain competent and talented and experienced people. And what about the rest of the competent and talented and experienced people??

I realize this isn't necessarily "warfare", but in warfare who do sniper's go for and why? They don't go for the soldiers with stripes, they go for the officers. Granted you can't win a war without the enlisted soldiers, but the impact of taking out one general in the scheme of warfare is much more important than taking out one enlisted soldier. Then again if the General is a total screw up...well maybe you don't take him out and you go for the soldier :lol:

Absolutely STUPID move when employees pay and benefits have been swiped! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
ins_top2_usairways.gif

Your point is taken, assuming your refering to the exec raises. Although DP didn't take a raise,

Did DP get an increase of income this year? Yes. Liquid or not, it was an increase of income. Bonus, stock, life insurance policy, medical benefits, etc. INCREASE of yearly income is a raise. :)

Did DP get an increase of income this year? Yes. Liquid or not, it was an increase of income. Bonus, stock, life insurance policy, medical benefits, etc. INCREASE of yearly income is a raise. :)

As far as I know all non-union, non-management folks got an average of a 3% raise since 911 based on performance. No pay cuts. Oh and in 2004 we got around a 10% bonus because we turned a profit for the year. :D

As far as I know all non-union, non-management folks got an average of a 3% raise since 911 based on performance. No pay cuts. Oh and in 2004 we got around a 10% bonus because we turned a profit for the year. :D

Pay raises based on performance?? It really doesn't work that way. It may in a few cases but it's not a "pay for performance" in the true definition.

And yes, the bonus was there but it's not a set source of income. It's not a pay raise. It's not a cost of living increase.......it's a bonus.

Pay raises based on performance?? It really doesn't work that way. It may in a few cases but it's not a "pay for performance" in the true definition.

And yes, the bonus was there but it's not a set source of income. It's not a pay raise. It's not a cost of living increase.......it's a bonus.

Bottom line we have received pay raises since 911, and I did reference the 10% bonus as a bonus not a pay raise. How many airline employees have gotten raises and bonuses since 911?

Bottom line we have received pay raises since 911, and I did reference the 10% bonus as a bonus not a pay raise. How many airline employees have gotten raises and bonuses since 911?

I don't know who else has gotten raises except SWA, but the point was that some have gotten raises and increases in benefits even though others have not.....or at least in comparison. Our raises don't even come close to covering the cost of living, let alone increasing our standard of living. Health care costs have gone up and that's more coming out of pocket, life insurance has gone up, disability insurance has gone up, housing, gas, food, clothing..........all up. With all that and the 3% AVERAGE raise, you've actually taken a pay cut.

Let see AA, DL, CO, NW, UA, US, ATA, Aloha Hawaiian have all taken concessions and lets not count the several airlines that have gone out of business since 9/11.

With all that and the 3% AVERAGE raise, you've actually taken a pay cut.

Can't agrue with that, but the point is an average 3% raise and a 10% bonus in between is holding the line better than having to take concessions don't ya think?

Can't agrue with that, but the point is an average 3% raise and a 10% bonus in between is holding the line better than having to take concessions don't ya think?

Yes, it is but go back and read the issues with the top people and their add ons. That's the point........not our raises or bonuses.

QUOTE(gonzo @ Nov 26 2005, 11:03 AM)

Did DP get an increase of income this year? Yes. Liquid or not, it was an increase of income. Bonus, stock, life insurance policy, medical benefits, etc. INCREASE of yearly income is a raise.

Two questions:

1---Who among those of us who envy the pay raises given to Doug and the management team could have put together a financing package to save a Fortune 500 company from certain liquidation (and I might add saved approximatley 30K jobs)?

2---How many more US employees would have been unemployeed today (or HP in the near future) had Doug and team not had the vision and the ability to put the deal together?

Two questions:

1---Who among those of us who envy the pay raises given to Doug and the management team could have put together a financing package to save a Fortune 500 company from certain liquidation (and I might add saved approximatley 30K jobs)?

2---How many more US employees would have been unemployeed today (or HP in the near future) had Doug and team not had the vision and the ability to put the deal together?

Hmmmm......I didn't see him wearing a cape with a big "S" on his chest. You make it sound like he was the savior of an airline that has survived many crisis's, before he got here. I submit to you that the employees have always been the "saving grace" of AWA.

Raising money is a totally different business skill than running a successful airline. DP needs to work on his employee management skills. The "new" US Airways will not survive well if the employees are not respected. We want to be the best, not just the 5th largest.

The number of employees that were furloughed were the direct result of a BK judgement, not DP. There are others that are skilled at that type of "executioner" process. They were part of US Airways (old).

DP has done the easy part for him, raising money. The tough part will be making the "new" US Airways the best, not just the 5th largest.

DP must not be convincing the other officers of the company that he can do the job at hand. He has to buy them in order to keep them around.

I'm not willing to "pat DP on the back" until he shows his worth. He still hasn't done that yet. :)

Hmmmm......I didn't see him wearing a cape with a big "S" on his chest. You make it sound like he was the savior of an airline that has survived many crisis's, before he got here. I submit to you that the employees have always been the "saving grace" of AWA.

Raising money is a totally different business skill than running a successful airline. DP needs to work on his employee management skills. The "new" US Airways will not survive well if the employees are not respected. We want to be the best, not just the 5th largest.

The number of employees that were furloughed were the direct result of a BK judgement, not DP. There are others that are skilled at that type of "executioner" process. They were part of US Airways (old).

DP has done the easy part for him, raising money. The tough part will be making the "new" US Airways the best, not just the 5th largest.

DP must not be convincing the other officers of the company that he can do the job at hand. He has to buy them in order to keep them around.

I'm not willing to "pat DP on the back" until he shows his worth. He still hasn't done that yet. :)

No single person has the Superman cape on. And no single person ever will. It's everyone, including the money raising CEO, to make any business successful.

The heirarchy of any company depends on the chains......a good CEO must hire good executives, executives must hire good directors, good directors must hire good managers, good managers must hire good supervisors and so on.

So aren't we all "bought" in one form or another?? We all get paid for our skills and experience.

I have personally seen a lot of positive things happen in the 7 1/2 years I have been employed. Much, much better than it was before with the infamous Bill Franke. Stability, in my opinion, has been a key. We need to get that stability back..........and that stability comes in many, many forms.

And hopefully, when all those pieces are in place, the stability will come back, the "right" people will be in the right positions and we WILL be the best.

It can be "slanted" anyway you like. DP is the boss and he is responsible. :)

It can be "slanted" anyway you like. DP is the boss and he is responsible. :)

I don't think I'm being "slanted"........my opinions and observation through the rose colored glasses that I choose to wear sometimes. But I know when to take them off. :D And I agree, DP is responsible but so is everyone else.........all the way up and down the chain/ladder.