Maybe you didnt get it the first time

spacewaitress

Senior
Aug 27, 2002
CNN just reported that APFA and AMR agreed to allow votes to continue until 5pm central time tomorrow...including allowing votes to be changed.

DALLAS - Flight attendants at American Airlines on Tuesday voted against a concession agreement, paving the way for an imminent bankruptcy filing by the world''s largest carrier, a local news radio station reported.

The airline has said that if its three major union groups do not ratify deals that will help save the carrier $1.8 billion a year in labor costs, American, a division of AMR Corp. , would be forced to file for bankruptcy.

News radio station KRLD reported that the union had narrowly rejected the deal and was in talks with the airline to see if they could quickly poll their members again. The two other major unions at American had approved concession deals earlier in the day.

The Association of Professional Flight Attendants voted against a deal that would cut annual pay and benefits for flight attendants collectively by $340 million.

----------------
On 4/15/2003 3:48:10 PM spacewaitress wrote:

CNN just reported that APFA and AMR agreed to allow votes to continue until 5pm central time tomorrow...including allowing votes to be changed.

----------------​
Now is the time to send a MESSAGE.
Just say NO.

----------------
On 4/15/2003 4:57:36 PM Bob Owens wrote:

----------------​
Congats Mike, your group has more b@!!$ than ours.
But hey Maint might be revoting also! Thousands did not get votes and our numbers were sequential, thus allowing one person to change another persons vote. Hearing will be April 28 in US District Southern Court, NYC.

Were you guys using AAA phone in ballotts too? Check to see if your numbers are sequential too. If they are then anyone who has information such as your employee number and station roster can change all the votes if they know just one persons pin. Did you know that reportedly a former AA executive sits on the AAA board?

Well where is the BK filing?? I thought that if they did not have it by 11am that was it? I wonder what other "absolutes" could have been changed?

----------------
Good luck in court. The pilots didn''t do well in Texas. Seems the judge was more concerned about the company than the rule of law. New York should do better for you all.

----------------
On 4/15/2003 4:49:55 PM FA Mikey wrote:

This sucks! The APFA said there would be no vote changes. Now they will allow it? 500 is close, But not that close.

I can say, I know 2 more no votes coming thanks to the changes. Hey M Kirkpatrick, heres your chance to change your vote as well.

It failed! Now we can show them by how much more the spead can be.

----------------​
Congats Mike, your group has more b@!!$ than ours.
But hey Maint might be revoting also! Thousands did not get votes and our numbers were sequential, thus allowing one person to change another persons vote. Hearing will be April 28 in US District Southern Court, NYC.

Were you guys using AAA phone in ballotts too? Check to see if your numbers are sequential too. If they are then anyone who has information such as your employee number and station roster can change all the votes if they know just one persons pin. Did you know that reportedly a former AA executive sits on the AAA board?

Well where is the BK filing?? I thought that if they did not have it by 11am that was it? I wonder what other "absolutes" could have been changed?

This sucks! The APFA said there would be no vote changes. Now they will allow it? 500 is close, But not that close.

I can say, I know 2 more no votes coming thanks to the changes. Hey M Kirkpatrick, heres your chance to change your vote as well.

It failed! Now we can show them by how much more the spead can be.

Sounds like the IAM at Usairways...they said that their membership must have been confused, so they allowed a second vote, but they still held the same gun to their heads. Sounds like an offer you cant refuse.

----------------
On 4/15/2003 5:04:10 PM FA Mikey wrote:

Good luck in court. The pilots didn''t do well in Texas. Seems the judge was more concerned about the company than the rule of law. New York should do better for you all.

----------------​

Thanks. I dont know what they expected in Texas after all under that robe its still a Texan!