McCain strikes back!

I may have misread The Hill article, however, the Obama campaign is nowhere near running out of steam due to contributors having already donated as much as permitted by law, as you have wrongly asserted.

Veritas
post Apr 18 2008, 11:44 AM
Post #30
Group: Registered Member
Member No.: 56

You just can't help yourself and stop spreading misinformation, can you?

Veritas
post Dec 10 2007, 10:08 PM
Post #33
Group: Registered Member
Member No.: 56

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

-Abraham Lincoln

Then Donate:

Soldiers Angels

Christian Childrens Fund

Habitat For Humanity

I do not give 'squat' to anyone else, (Sorry for the PETA pepple but 'HUMANS' come first) :lol:

B) UT

I do not have any spare money right now. $5 a gallon for Diesel is not fun. I like animals better than people. I did a habitat for humanity one time. I need to find out where another one is. That was actually a very good experience and I learned a lot. I just do not do heat well so the TX summer is kicking my ass and i have no interest in being out side building a home in this weather.

June 15, 2008
Gallup Daily: Obama-McCain Race Reverts to Virtual Tie
Percentage undecided now 15%, highest of the year

PRINCETON, NJ -- Voters are closely divided between Barack Obama and John McCain in Gallup Poll Daily tracking conducted June 12-14, with 44% of national registered voters favoring Obama for president and 42% backing McCain.

Obama beats McCain in three swing states
The Quinnipiac polls had Obama besting McCain 52-40 percent in Pennsylvania, 48-42 percent in Ohio, and 47-43 in Florida. All three states are crucial building blocks to an election triumph for either candidate in November.

In all three states, Obama leads McCain among female voters by 10 to 23 percentage points...

These stats have to be disconcerting to the Obama campaign. Monetary contributions to the Obama campaign are running low as contributors have donated as much as the law allows. Expect the undecided vote percentage to climb as more Obama supporters start to question his blank slate promises of hope, change and unity.

I think Obama sees it differently than you. Obama recently rejected public financing for his presidential campaign, calculating that he can raise privately far more than the $85 million available in government funds.

"Strategists from both parties say Obama can outraise McCain, an Arizona senator, by more than $100 million in the general election campaign."

Only time -- and money -- will tell whether Obama's analysis is correct.

Obama Won't Accept Public Money in Election Campaign

I think Obama sees it differently than you. Obama recently rejected public financing for his presidential campaign, calculating that he can raise privately far more than the $85 million available in government funds.

"Strategists from both parties say Obama can outraise McCain, an Arizona senator, by more than $100 million in the general election campaign."

Only time -- and money -- will tell whether Obama's analysis is correct.

Obama Won't Accept Public Money in Election Campaign

I agree with you Lily, Obama does see it differently than I do. I stick to my statement that Obama has to feel disconcerted (privately, if not publicly) that given the massive amount of money his campaign has generated and spent, he has reaped a net average gain in the polls of 3 to 4 percentage points. Obama has 7 times the campaign workers as McCain and runs the most expensive election campaign in US history. If the 18 million + Democrats who voted for Clinton in the primaries have turned their support to Obama, it’s not very apparent in recent poll results.

Granted, Obama spent millions of dollars just to get the Democratic nomination and the damage the Democratic Party has infected on itself is evident. Obama is smart enough to understand that with today’s economic downturn, the likelihood of donors who have given < 200 dollars to his campaign will not be able to contribute much more. I think the same holds true with rollover Clinton supporters.

As Obama has toned down his claim of not having lobbyist influence on his administration, I think he will have to depend on 527 groups and the proxy lobbyist that support them to shore up his expensive election campaign as the race become hot. As we all are aware, lobbyists expect a return on their investment.

O’Bama is pandering to the masses making some elusive point that he is protecting the ‘sheeple’ by not squandering government funds. All the while making back door deals with the lobbyists funding his campaign. Obama is for ‘change’ but it only includes the jingle in your pocket.

O’Bama is in a ‘win-win’ situation wherein if he looses, he can blame whitey and how this country is not ready for ‘change’ (although undefined). If he wins, then he has a mandate that what ever he does is at the will of the sheeple. :shock:

The problem is that other than the ‘change’ mantra, he has no platform other than to promise not to be the same. :blink:

WTF?

Here goes another election voting against the worse of two incompetents.

B) UT

O’Bama is pandering to the masses making some elusive point that he is protecting the ‘sheeple’ by not squandering government funds. All the while making back door deals with the lobbyists funding his campaign. Obama is for ‘change’ but it only includes the jingle in your pocket.

O’Bama is in a ‘win-win’ situation wherein if he looses, he can blame whitey and how this country is not ready for ‘change’ (although undefined). If he wins, then he has a mandate that what ever he does is at the will of the sheeple. :shock:

The problem is that other than the ‘change’ mantra, he has no platform other than to promise not to be the same. :blink:

WTF?

Here goes another election voting against the worse of two incompetents.

B) UT

Yep, got to agree...Were screwed for the next four years minimal.

Hey bears, sold out my share in in FAI and will be headed south for surfing lessons. Figure I can get on the dole along with the rest of Americas down trodden with a marxist in office and get some free spam and cheese! :up:

Reactions: 1 person

Latest posts