Mda To Republic

I'm sure MDA pilots will be offered jobs . . . . at the bottom of the CHQ seniority list. Lakefield screwed you and ALPA screwed you. The best you can do is to raise unholy hell with the AWA deal.

Rico, I was not slaming MDA but the MORONS who run our company. We have several MDA flights a day in our station and have no complaints about your group. On several occasions, your dispatch has worked very hard to find a solution to a cancelled flight where as the mainline guys dont have the time or the interest to help a station out. I think it is Stupid to sell OUR aircraft while we allow other express carriers to add aircraft into the U network.

No Blackops, you have it wrong,

I assume you are from Piedmont, but if you were from Allegheny you would know what I am talking about. Except for a few misguided diehards, most Allegheny pilots I know, and I myself place the blame for the way things turned out squarely on the shoulders on a past ALG MEC Chairs that both adopted a antagonistic approach rather than focusing upon what we COULD have accomplished/obtained for the Alleghney pilots.

The MEC Chair you spoke of from our old BGM base was just unfortunate to have the mess (the previouis Chairs made of things) land in his lap...

But that other Chair, the one I am talking about IMO accomplished nothing whatsoever for the ALG pilots, and the lack of actual procedures for those wanting to return to PDT if displaced (heck no procedures were set up for the flow up either) SHOULD have been handled on THAT guy's watch.

But at this point, it is ancient history to talk about old MEC Chairs at an airline that no longer exists... I am no longer a ALG pilot, I am a MDA pilot at US Airways, and as such I will push for proper representation and recognition...

Sorry Hope, just have always had a sore spot for those who try to blame the ills of the company upon what IMO has been one of the few bright spots in the recent past. If that was not your intent, then I apologize.

Rico

Rico said:
No Blackops, you have it wrong,

The MEC Chair you spoke of from our old BGM base was just unfortunate to have the mess (the previouis Chairs made of things) land in his lap...

But that other Chair, the one I am talking about IMO accomplished nothing whatsoever for the ALG pilots, and the lack of actual procedures for those wanting to return to PDT if displaced (heck no procedures were set up for the flow up either) SHOULD have been handled on THAT guy's watch.

[post="277487"][/post]​

Rico,

As you might expect, I disagree.

From what I heard from an ex-ALG MEC member was that the BGM based MECC approached Duane and said: "We need your guidance..." The poor sap fell to his knees in front of the guy who approved J4J. But hey.. he has a standing lunch invite from the AAA MECC. The poor devil just didn't get it (although now I think it is sinking in).

As far as the BGM's predecessor is concerned, I heard he and the PDT MECC at the time were able to negotiate what was termed as the "gentleman's agreement" with the AAA MECC, that protected the ALG and PDT pilots regardless of whether a 70 seat or 50 seat RJ hit the property. Don't you consider that an accomplishment?

The fact of the matter is that no CEL pilot went to MDA while the pre-BGM MECC was still in office. It was only after the changing of the guard that people left. Unfortunately for you and the other 130 odd CEL pilots, he failed to stand in the way of the exodos until protective language was written. And then the poor guy went to MDA himself.

Add to all of this the fact that ALPA national was all too ready to have the WO's cut their pay and benefits to support the mainline. They aided and abetted the race to the bottom, in conflict with the ALPA Constitution and By-Laws governing concessionary bargaining. Unfortunately for the WO's, ALPA national was only too willing to let them slit their own throats. The AAA pilots represent a larger revenue source, so they get what they want. Morality, trade unionism, and respect for brother union pilots as professionals has nothing to do with it.

This is business, not a popularity contest. The sooner you realize this fact, the better off you will be.

Good Luck.

rico,
That is an interesting memory you have. I have just a couple of thoughts on the matter,
You can't blame a former MECC or anyone for that matter at the ex-ALG for the flow through letter or lack thereof. This letter was written by ML guys with a few PSA guys hand picked by the U mec and DW. Just like now for the pilots at MDA the U MEC and national ALPA could care less what they think. Why? because the only time you will hear from those people is when they want something. If you don't have something they want, they will not even respond, just like the U MEC will not even respond to the MDA pilots now with an answer as to their status. Is this not one of the reasons the MDA pilots are seeking outside help? The difference at MDA is the pilots actually believe they are worth something and will not lay down in front of the ALPA/management team train, and be sacrificed for those with more seniority. You say that a former MECC at ALG did nothing for you, did he not point out all that was wrong with these agreements? That there was no side letters? I certainly remember hearing that. What about LOA 83? the mec stopped that. Remeber that one? if you allow 70 seaters you will get 50 seaters "guarenteed" although this was not in writing. We all know how many 50 seaters would have come 0. Heck even the 50 seaters going to PSA were converted to 70 seaters. The bottom line seems to be the Pilots at MDA are NOT willling to eat that $ it sandwich as some at ALG were so willing to do. The pilots at MDA deserve major Kudos for fighting for what is right and not rolling over! Good luck to all of you!

Sigh...

All this about the events at ALG and it's past MEC Chairs is about as important to me right now as stale bread.

I do not really want to think about what should have been done then, I tend to focus on what can and should be done now.

I think I made my (and pretty much every other former Allegheny pilot I have spoke to about the guy) opinion of the person most of us blame pretty clear. Yet since he wasted more than enough of my (and the Allegheny Pilot Group's) time way back then (finger pointing being a primary time-waster of his), so I feel no more need to bring him up any further now.

If O'L has convinced any of you at PDT that it was not "him", and instead all the fault of "others" instead, then I hope that some of the ALG pilots that went to PDT will set you straight for your sake.

As for the flow back to PDT for MDA pilots who came from ALG/PDT, It is bad that established language does not exist, but not insurmountable. Afterall, the language to flow up did not (and still does not) exist either, yet that was worked out. I would like to see the option avail for those who want/need the option. Yet that again is yet another issue for both the AAA and PDT MEC's to work upon. I hope they come to some agreement for each's benefit

Past that though, I tend to think that my attention, the MDA pilots, and this thread topic should stick to the subject at hand (Republic, and representation) and leave ALG to another thread.

I think its remarkable that the very same pilots who claimed to champion the cause of the original "1149" -- and who encouraged THOSE pilots to attend MEC meetings and force the MEC to take notice (which they did) -- now cower behind an MEC which is attempting, once again, to cast away its junior members.

I would be very afraid to be stuck in a bunker with these folks. The danger would come not from the enemy, but from my fellow soldiers.

This is not trade unionism.

This is not unity at all.

These are the actions of cowards who are looking out only for themselves.

John Davis once asked me if I attended MEC meetings, "Just for the free lunch." It would appear that his attitude towards junior pilots has spread throughout the MEC and its followers.

Is it any wonder that union membership is continuing to decline? They are obsolete. Why pay a union that fails to protect its membership?

I always felt John was the only MEC member who fought for the whole membership from top to bottom. He also was the only one who questioned why the MEC went on the big out of town meetings. Bal Habor Fl. San Diago, CA..when we had a perfectly good office in Moon. Is it true the last meeting in PHX was around 17K? 2800 dollars alone for rental cars? This all was posted on the crew room wall in PIT. Although I do not agree with everything John did I feel he called like he saw it.