MDT- Customer Service

I believe that the MLE was done away with and the inside agents are actually back to mainline may be someone can elaborate. DTW, CVG, DAY, RIC, ORF, SYR ALB, may be more went back to mainline but not sure if this is accurate

ALB has always been mainline and I believe SYR also

I believe that the MLE was done away with and the inside agents are actually back to mainline may be someone can elaborate. DTW, CVG, DAY, RIC, ORF, SYR ALB, may be more went back to mainline but not sure if this is accurate

DTW-mainline
CVG- was PSA, now PDT
DAY- MLE, now mainline, ramp was FSS, now mainline
RIC- was MLE, now mainline, ramp is still Jetstream Svc
ORF-was MLE, now mainline, ramp is still Jetstream Svc
SYR mainline
ALB mainline

RIC- was MLE, now mainline, ramp is still Jetstream Svc
ORF-was MLE, now mainline, ramp is still Jetstream Svc
ORF always been mainline the ramp is fleet service system FSS

RIC always been mainline the ramp is DGS delta globe services

Both lost ramp when IAM contracted out 26 stations 2005

Mailine express stations for PA are ABE and AVP. MDT and PHL are not MLE they are MAINLINE.

Mailine express stations for PA are ABE and AVP. MDT and PHL are not MLE they are MAINLINE.
in the months before I left, my coworkers on the inside had the MLE taken away and they were restored to Mainline whilst the ramp is PDT. I know for fact MDT is also PDT on the ramp. as is AVP

MDT is mainline for ticket counter and gate, and PDT for ramp. Mainline is not affected by this. American Eagle will start service with three roundtrips a day to ORD on April 6th, and PDT will take over both ramp and gate for AE flights only. Assumedly it made more economic sense for AE to contract with a company that has personnel and equipment already in place than to hire/train/equip the station from scratch for that little service. Besides, AE will use gate C-1, which sits right next to the C-2 & 3 that Airways already uses. Whether PDT was the lowest bidder, or rather the obvious practical choice under the circumstances, is anyone's guess. Employee payrates remain the same, $8.50 to start. The $7.50 starting rate an $10 top-out are for "new" stations that PDT is hoping to win.
And as stated earlier, PDT may well have an "agenda"....survival, just like everyone else these days. Since Airways seems bent on keeping them down with a scope clause (from which Republic and Mesa are exempt) and showing no sign of replacing their shrinking fleet anytime soon, they are getting business where they can.

Mainline is not affected by this. $8.50 to start. The $7.50 starting rate an $10 top-out are for "new" stations that PDT is they are getting business where they can.
When the company whipsaws you back to express pay you will survive per the company

Interesting cut-n-paste on my words, but my point was that mainline is NOT losing jobs in MDT; PDT is not "taking over", but are gaining jobs that didn't exist before through a contract with AE. I don't know if mainline even tried to bid for them. This may all change at some time in the future, but I have no way of predicting that. I think we've all seen enough in the last few years to know that nothing in this business is as stable as it used to be.

Latest posts