AVP mainline

My guess is, given the cheaper is better mindset, the proud name of Piedmont is a tool to replace USAirways employees with a contract service.

Since Piedmont is a wholly owned subsidiary the company benefits, the employees can do the same work for less money or hit the unemployment line.

Don't know what the future of PDT would be in any of the merger scenarios floating around, so I guess they're trying to build a foundation in case they have to stand alone as a contractor.
Last I heard UA has language in one of the contracts (I believe it is the pilot contract) that prevents the company from having a wholly owned subsidiary.

Yes, Piedmont will be the next DGS, and to make money why not.

But some people on this board need to do some research before opening their mouths. Piedmont Airlines Flies nothing but Dash 8 Equipment. They may handle other aircraft types or even other Airlines but when the day is done, they Fly ONLY Dash 8's.......

Last I heard UA has language in one of the contracts (I believe it is the pilot contract) that prevents the company from having a wholly owned subsidiary.

I had heard that as well, but had never seen it in print or confirmed by other than word of mouth. The world could get very complicated for all of us soon, depending on how this shakes out. One things seems certain, Parker & Tilton want to merge with SOMEBODY, and will keep pitching until they get a deal. We're all just along for the ride.

Piedmont Pilots, ramp and gate personnel are handling 900's- 86 seaters out of E terminal in Charlotte everyday. They are NOT being handled by mainline. Pull up the schedules out of CLT and see it for yourself. I cannot believe mainline pilots have not been on this already!!!

Unless AVP is cut aircraft on 50 seats or fewer, it has to stay mainline or mainline express. No more E-170s/175s if they were to do that (which does not mean they won't). The scope clause relating to a/c size and the MLE provision continue to be wide misunderstood. As bad of a job CWA has done in many respects, they were able to draw the line a 50 seats. Good thing they did, or all those CRJ-700/900 and E-170/175 flights would have the station agent jobs outsourced.
Can you please direct us to this information in the CWA contract?

Piedmont Pilots, ramp and gate personnel are handling 900's- 86 seaters out of E terminal in Charlotte everyday. They are NOT being handled by mainline. Pull up the schedules out of CLT and see it for yourself. I cannot believe mainline pilots have not been on this already!!!
Sadly As far as CWA contract goes this is not a violation
Scope was water down in concessions contract negotiations. The concessionary contract pass with a margin of only 5 votes

Could someone with some clout advise mainline pilots that Piedmont EN is operating 900's= 86 seaters out of CLT up to over 40 flights daily with Piedmont Pilots, Piedmont Gate Agents, Piedmont Ramp---out of Terminal E in CLT???? I do believe the companying is snowing mainline. This is the wave of our future. EN will be twice the size of Mainline shortly if this keeps up.

Could someone with some clout advise mainline pilots that Piedmont EN is operating 900's= 86 seaters out of CLT up to over 40 flights daily with Piedmont Pilots,
YOU ARE WRONG.Unless you are referring to MESA YV
What’s to tell?

Piedmont Gate Agents, Piedmont Ramp---out of Terminal E in CLT???? I do believe the companying is snowing mainline. This is the wave of our future. EN will be twice the size of Mainline shortly if this keeps up.
Now this is the truth

Did you not read what I posted directly from Piedmont's webpage?

They dont fly jets.

I am not wrong if what others are saying on this thread are true. Mainline Pilots handle 86 seaters in their contract? Or am I just reading between the lines here? Others have said that it is impossible for Piedmont Pilots to operate over a certain capacity in the Mainline Pilots CBA. If this is the case it is happening in CLT and it ain't mainline handling the cockpit.

Mainline pilot scope allows 92 departures 86seat aircraft to be flow by Express carriers……………this was the HP pilot ALPA original scope that US east pilot adopted

Latest posts

Back