Me too-I don't think so!

I have read the Fleet "Me, too, provision" and it does not say anything about "Me too" within the TWU groups. It specifies non-TWU unionized employees, non-union hourly employees and non-union salaried employees. More or less APA, ALPA and management. If the pilots or flight attendants get a better deal through binding agreement or implemented deal, there won't be a better implemented/imposed deal, the TWU will, upon ratification of all 7 groups, get a chance to negotiate something also.

I could be wrong but that is the way I read it. If there is more to this letter, or context that includes all TWUgroups, please show me where to find it.

Gary

Nah Gary your right,
I read some TWU propaganda that led me to the wrong conclusion.

Make sure you read the latest document released by the TWU dated 5/30/12. Concerning negotiations the me too clause is clarified in my opinion.

So Mr. ProAmt, no apology for the big FU? I guess your back is too sore from carrying our lily livered carcasses. You must have been too caught up with a "lesser", "uneducated" labor group gaining anything that you were unable to see the me-too clause just might be there to aid the entire TWU group. Not that I expect a single thing from the vague clause that our impotent union put together.

Generally when you format a letter, the most important and pertinent topics are located at the beginning of the letter. The priority recedes from there.. Every TWU International letter I've read since the vote situates "Me Too" at the top of the bill..

The TWU has no interest in the AMT and Related work group.. Time to dump them..

So Mr. ProAmt, no apology for the big FU? I guess your back is too sore from carrying our lily livered carcasses. You must have been too caught up with a "lesser", "uneducated" labor group gaining anything that you were unable to see the me-too clause just might be there to aid the entire TWU group. Not that I expect a single thing from the vague clause that our impotent union put together.
I would like to here how the me too clause could benefit the entire TWU group?

Reactions: 1 person
Word from the union meeting today was that the "me too" clause only pertains to health care insurance, retirement, and station security when applied accross the different groups within the TWU.

Why isn't the group of 5 contracts settled?

Other than the judge signing off on them, what they voted for should be what they receive.

I'm sorry for the confusion.

Here is the quote that led me to believe that groups within the TWU that settled could end up gaining wages or benefits when the M-R and Supply took a higher risk and IMHO should suffer any consequences from such action alone whether good or bad.

"The TWU groups that voted yes also received "me too " protection, and as a
result will get the same financial benefit that any other union groups receive from a reduction of
the total concession sought by the airline."

TWU press release dated May 15, 2012

The word groups makes it unclear whether or not it is other union groups within the TWU.

Some of my best friends are members of groups other than M-R and Supply. I believe the main issue here is fairness. If a group takes a larger risk than another-well you know how I feel...

Thank you proAMT. Again I, nor can anyone really think for a second that there is going to be any real gain from the me-too clause. I mean, does anyone really think that a group that okays an instant pay cut and only a laughable 4% over six years is suddenly going to get a raise to match anything negotiated by M&R?

Fleet Svc has shown the company time and time again that they will work for free.

I don't know anything about fleet service, however I would say that it is the fleet service representative that will let them work for free.

It's clear that the TWU is rewarding the "yes" votes by making the me too concept applicable only when there is a reduction of the total concession sought by the airline. Nice. My back's killing me. BTW, if we fare worse than the yes groups, then what happens to fair and equitable?

Latest posts