MEC CODE-A-PHONE UPDATE

What, for the first time in 10 years or so the East group won't throw the younglings under the bus?

An interesting observation Cluelessbyfortytimes.

Lemme see now...the AWA group is extremely "young"?... relative to ours at least...and we're now to become one big happy family?

"What, for the first time in 10 years or so the East group won't throw the younglings under the bus?"

You personally make a good case for us seeking to do just that this time :up:

Yourself and other arrogant AWA punks have long since made a fine case for a "shoot-on-sight" social order for any AWA seen east of the Mississippi. I'll not offer intentional affront to any AWA, as they might be decent people...but I'd love for you to wear a Clueless name tag :up:

An interesting observation Cluelessbyfortytimes.

Lemme see now...the AWA group is extremely "young"?... relative to ours at least...and we're now to become one big happy family?

"What, for the first time in 10 years or so the East group won't throw the younglings under the bus?"

You personally make a good case for us seeking to do just that this time :up:

Yourself and other arrogant AWA punks have long since made a fine case for a "shoot-on-sight" social order for any AWA seen east of the Mississippi. I'll not offer intentional affront to any AWA, as they might be decent people...but I'd love for you to wear a Clueless name tag :up:

When you go off like this, it makes all of your other more rational posts lose complete credibility.

As far as I know, the AWA Pilots aren't any different than the AAA Pilots. A few "loose cannons" here and there, but probably a bunch of great guys and gals just like Easties.

I just wonder how these boards would look if the decision went the way of the East.

Again I ask, why would the AWA Pilots consider any fences or conditions or restrictions? What's in it for them?

Wasn't the time for this way back before Mr. Nicolau got involved in the process?

Your statement is why there will be no healing and this company is well on it's way to another chapter 11.

Oh no, the West isn't arrogant or entitled. You guys are all full of shhiitt!!
Not to worry Mr F, the way this company is being ran, the WEST pilots won't have to worry..they will soon be out of a job and their entitled attitudes will be no more important than the East. Or perhaps when someone like American buys us and TRULY staples them to the bottom, then we can here them cheer about being thankful they have a job and that AA saved them...as if AA would even consider the idea.

By the way West pilots, it will be a pleasure to bring my over 20 yrs as a f/a out west...senority and all! Are you going to be as quick to defend MY unions DOH stand against one of your West f/a's when they biatch that I stole their line? I can't wait to see you guys back peddle and sweat then.

B737fo...Just ignore LCC#1. He must have forgotten his thorosine big-gulp this morning.

LCC#1...One question. Why are you being so cruel to your fellow employees on this board? In my post I was just pointing out facts and why in this case DOH is unfair. No name calling, no red-meat, just reasons why east pilots are in the state they are in.
The statement you made about bringing your seniority to the west (PHX) was uncalled for and just proves the suspicions west folks have about the certain % of nasty, mean spirited east employees who at the heart of it are not happy or nice people and I guess never will be.
Guess you must be one of em'....how sad. :unsure:

Would it make you happy to have most west pilots out of work if there was a serious downturn?
Real nice!

Feel anyway you like about it I guess, but last I checked we are all in this together. Lets start working toward that goal and make the company stronger.

"And there's the rub - nobody can alter the award itself save for a Federal judge, and only then under very narrow circumstances."

Guess that is why the EC is considering it...because they "cannot." Can you say "narrow circumstances" once again...I think you are starting to see the light. As to the part about a Federal Judge....don't know where you pulled that one from.

Greeter.

Guess that is why the EC is considering it...because they "cannot." Can you say "narrow circumstances" once again...I think you are starting to see the light. As to the part about a Federal Judge....don't know where you pulled that one from.

Greeter.

Psssst. They're not considering anything.

Just ignore LCC#1. He must have forgotten his thorosine big-gulp this morning.
Any FA who is planning on going west would never be this poisones? to fellow employees. Talk is cheap. The ones who will come west will be very humble and grateful for the opportunity to work out west once again. Imagine the screaming if someone from HP came east and bumped a 20 year F/A out of T/A flying. The ones who aren't going anywhere talk like this.

:up:
(1)As far as I know, the AWA Pilots aren't any different than the AAA Pilots. A few "loose cannons" here and there, but probably a bunch of great guys and gals just like Easties. :up:

(2)Wasn't the time for this way back before Mr. Nicolau got involved in the process? :shock:
HE/SHE has a point on this and the question He /She asked (I just wonder how these boards would look if the decision went the way of the East.) What would your answer be to that????? Don't BE SHY! What would you tell a man who has worked in the right seat of a airline that was not in BK and has fought to get were he is now?????? get up its my seat now because???????????? FINISH THE STATMENT SIR! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Hard hu! OK look at it this way new A/C 787's and 737 new gen. and 350 when ever airbus gets of their butts, 2012 or so LOL! Just what did AWA bring too the party???? Time and Money????? Have a good one East and West start to use some common sense and fix that merger language before Jetblue and them 3 year pilots merge in :rolleyes: ! (COMMON SENSE) :up:

"And there's the rub - nobody can alter the award itself save for a Federal judge, and only then under very narrow circumstances."

Greeter.

Nobody can unilaterally change the award; even a Federal judge cannot sua sponte order a change unless there is a petition before him/her and there is first a finding that the petitioner has standing to ask the court to modify. Standing is determined by the Federal Code and a petitioner must demonstrate they meet the stringent and extremely narrow grounds to stand before a federal court and ask that the binding arbitration award be modified or overturned. Even the two parties themselves cannot alter the award itself. That thing is done and the only way for an interested party to get it modified would be to demonstrate that they fall within the grounds for relief as set out in the the Federal Code. This probably entails a showing that there is something in the award that is so materially harmful, that implementation of the award would amount to some sort of offense to the Constitution. For example, if Nic allowed for a bump and flush and neither pilot group or ALPA protested, the company would conceivably have standing to take the matter to the Federal courthouse for modification. They would have to show they are an interested party, that the award materially harms them in that the bump and flush will cost $X billions or whatever, and therefore the court should strike, modify, etc. But here, there's no party that can possibly support that buden of proof to get this award modified. What's more, even if Nicolau himself stated that he isn't disregarding the merger policy, he's even free to do that! That's the danger of binding arbitration (why are we still talking about this?). When you agreed to BINDING ARBITRATION, you practically waived any sort of appeal. Even National itself cannot cannot plausibly argue that the award, staffed with two pilot neutrals who all basically agreed to the award, was so harmful such that National could successfully petition a federal judge to monkey with the award. The only real thing National can do at this point is delay implementation, and even that can only go on for so long.

Aquagreen73s,

It's obvious you were not at Herndon last week or talked to anybody on the EC because your last post is way off of the mark.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
-----------------------------------------------------

face it 320, awa pilots got what piedmont asked for in 89.
relative seniority...it was fair for me then, its gotta be fair for me now.
i lost then, i lost now...

i wont be a hippocrite....

alpa will not do a thing.

it is what is...u s justice is not always what i want but its the best law money can buy!!!

Aquagreen73s,

It's obvious you were not at Herndon last week or talked to anybody on the EC because your last post is way off of the mark.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

I am wondering,,,, did you collect your $1000 bet money? Would you have if the bet was made?
You were forecasting a reversal of the decision, were you not?

The fairness and or the validity of the arbitrators decison was not even discussed by the EC. All they talked about were the political ramifications of accepting the list immediatly versus voting to consider it further.

ALPA national's legal team was with the E.C. and reiterated numerous times that, barring proof of a pay off or some such level of malfeasance there was not a way to alter the award.

Further ALPA's council did inform them that should thier legal advice be ignored the AWA MEC would in all probiblity win a DFR case in summary judgement and ALPA would be financially devastated.

This comes from two who were in the room the entire time.