Mechanic arrested for attempted sabotage of an airplane

Another what IF. What if he is a terrorist, planned the doomed crash of another 737 full of passengers, and he is using the contract dispute as an out? What if he really wanted that airplane to take off, and in the crash, all the evidence (foam/superglue) just burned away. Yea they still have the video. But described that they ID'd the mechanic by his limp in his walk. Maybe video not clear on what he did and with what?
Just thinking of all possible scenarios is all, not accusing or blaming.

Looks like the "What If" scenarios are starting to surface. And now the FBI will continue to look directly at his overseas travel, communications, and who he visited while over there. If he's connected as a terrorist, he deserves the death penalty...

Feds: American Airlines mechanic may have ties to terrorism ...

This happened in July, he was arrested in September. Very doubtful the FBI would let this guy near any planes if there was a thought if it being a terrorist.

That word only comes up because of his name.

He may not have been flagged until now. This is how they operate. No reason for the FBI to be interested in him. Stricter background checks coming soon for us.
NYer, I really hope my "What Ifs" are all wrong. But, what if it does come true? Then all people connected overseas and works for the airlines will be re-looked at all over again. We have to put the PC to the side, it would makes us all much more safer...

Swamt. I too think not just mechanics but all of us who touch the plane from the cockpit on down to ramp probably will have stricter security measures. Just matter of time

Yea yea, the dumb ass stuck a freaking peanut in a pitot, tube, he'll go to jail and the BS will continue. Besides that, the right wingers are already noticing the guys name and attaching some significance to that.

What is that you were saying about right wingers?.
Well?

They found ISIS videos on his phone.

Another Muslim terrorist, another left leaning apologist.

You going to accuse right wingers of attaching significance to Alexei Saab next?

You need to wake up friend.

How bout he has already fully admitted to doing it. We will see how he pleads in court today.
Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlaib are probably securing him and Alexei Saab a luxury suite at Park51 as we speak.

Last edited:
How bout he has already fully admitted to doing it. We will see how he pleads in court today.

He admitted to the sabatoge, whichbis bad news for all of us. As far as I know he has not admitted any ties to any terrorist organization and the government has not brought a case against him charging that, therefore all the talk is hype or fake news and what's more as an American citizen despite his name or origin he is entitled to the same rights as you or me, which is innocent until proven guilty.

He admitted to the sabatoge, whichbis bad news for all of us. As far as I know he has not admitted any ties to any terrorist organization and the government has not brought a case against him charging that, therefore all the talk is hype or fake news and what's more as an American citizen despite his name or origin he is entitled to the same rights as you or me, which is innocent until proven guilty.
Hate to say it but this guy is getting buried. The pulled his tickets, americsn fired him. doesnt sound like he will see the light of day any time soon.

Hate to say it but this guy is getting buried. The pulled his tickets, americsn fired him. doesnt sound like he will see the light of day any time soon.

I like how you put it and....

The evidence before the court is incontrovertible
There's no need for the jury to retire.
In all my years of judging I have never heard before
Of someone more deserving of the full penalty of law.

I like how you put it and....

The evidence before the court is incontrovertible
There's no need for the jury to retire.
In all my years of judging I have never heard before
Of someone more deserving of the full penalty of law.
As some have said he is entitled to a trial. Its not looking good though

Yes he did, and that is exactly what I said he did, admit to the sabotage. Never did I say he admitted to the terrorist act or any connections to them. It's not hype, it's not fake news, it is an investigation into possible terroristic motives and movements, so therefore there has been, so far, no charges or case brought against him at this time. If more evidence is found and compounded, then he will get more charges as they unravel.
Just for the mere fact that he did "in fact" admit to the sabotage in the first place, with video, I say hang his ass. Just because he is not admitting it now, because he is being charged means nothing to me. He and his attorneys are just looking for some sort of a loophole to try and get him off.

Thanks for the info.
Pretty much figured he was going to plead not guilty. When it's a slammed the door case, most will go ahead and fight on the 50/50 chance a trial by jury will set them free. After all, what the hell they got to lose? You don't fight it, you get 20 years. You do fight it, and you get a much reduced time or even the possibility of getting off on a technicality of some sort. Just assuming here...