Mechanics' Strike Could Shut Down Us Airways

ata36bg said:
I hope that helps LavMan. It's a shame the "big picture" is never displayed till it's dry.

You might be able to answer this LavMan. Has someone gotten there hands on a "S" check tooling list? If not do we trully have "all" the tooling required? If we already own this tooling I'll be interested to see the spinners at work.
PIT local union reps a month or so ago were in process of rounding up all the listed required tooling in conjunction w/IAM INT'L and CLT locals.
also, airbuses have been in the PIT mtc.base north dock and the doors do close.they did the cockpit door mods awhile back.so between CLT and PIT...we can handle the work.PIT has a multi aircraft taildock manufactured around '98 or '99 and was designed and built then to accomadate any and all a/c when have or were getting.so much for the taildock rumor.

delldude said:
ata36bg said:
I hope that helps LavMan. It's a shame the "big picture" is never displayed till it's dry.

You might be able to answer this LavMan. Has someone gotten there hands on a "S" check tooling list? If not do we trully have "all" the tooling required? If we already own this tooling I'll be interested to see the spinners at work.
PIT local union reps a month or so ago were in process of rounding up all the listed required tooling in conjunction w/IAM INT'L and CLT locals.
also, airbuses have been in the PIT mtc.base north dock and the doors do close.they did the cockpit door mods awhile back.so between CLT and PIT...we can handle the work.PIT has a multi aircraft taildock manufactured around '98 or '99 and was designed and built then to accomadate any and all a/c when have or were getting.so much for the taildock rumor.
Dell,

From what we were told by the local committee...

1. We have ALL the Tooling to do the Airbus Check. ( It was in TPA )

2. We have a hangar that is 33% empty..which we paid FULL rent on. (CLT)

3. Planners have told us they have seen the entire Airbus "S" Check Workpack.

I think it comes down to they won't want to hire 1 person extra right now. There is a reason this company will not make a major investment in it's future...!!

I hope I'm wrong on why...!!!

I would like to thank PITbull (and many others) for the support that she has shown to the Mechanics. It will never be forgotten and I look forward to repaying the favor by helping to fight for the Flight Attendants issues. :up:

Latest posts