Iam Decision 2005

planejane said:
QUESTION?????

If the IAM votes "NO", will U legally be able to exit bk? Forget about what the company will impose.   I believe all unions have to be on board for this to proceed.  Is there not a more dire need for the YES vote?  Wasn't financing also tied to these agreements?
[post="238169"][/post]​

Why would they? Not all workers are unionized.

If they vote no the company can rip up the contract, including check-off.

The members would no longer have to pay dues if there is no contract, thats what the IAM is afraid of.

If they vote YES the IAM can continue to collect dues tilll 2011 and they dont have to do a damn thing for the members. Kind of like the last two years.

Look at what has happened to these workers over the last two years. Do you really think that this will be the last cut? If they get this they will come back again, and again, and again, until all Fleet is at minimum wage and till the mechanics leave.

Now compare these guys to what non-union Jet Blue gets.

So tell me where is the IAM Union Advantage? You get to pay for someone to tell you things like "we dont endorse these concessions" but "The consequences of voting No are so grave". What about the consequences of voting in a fourth round of concessions that will not become renegotiable till 2011?!!!!!

Hey 700, if "concessions are not solutions" why the heck are you pretty much telling everyone to vote yes by not coming out strongly against it??? Because the company is making threats?

If you vote Yes they will be back for more because the company knows that the older workers will agree to anything to tide them over till retirement and after the YES vote who will be left? Older workers.

I would not be suprised if they turned around after this gets in and demand a twenty year contract, with a few raises up front.

Then the union will just be there to handle grievances. Obviously they wont be able to get and keep people so union scale will be a thing of the past even though you are paying dues, instead the lowest rate that the market will bear will determine your pay.

For all intensive purposes your union has been busted, however there are some advantages for a company to have unions in place so they will not need to deliver the coup de grace and simply get rid of them.

Having a toothless union in place still deters real unions from coming on the property, that will be the IAMs sole function, to deter the workers from getting a real union.

If the IAM was out of the way only a third of the workers have to fill out authorization cards, with the IAM in place they need over half. By laying off so many workers they made it nearly impossible to get a new union.

Lets say you vote NO. The company tears up the contract. You no longer have a contract and you no longer have to pay dues to the IAM. The company lays off half the workers and you are working without a contract. You now only need to get one third of the members working (no contract-no recall rights) to fill out cards and you could be rid of the IAM and vote in the AGW and AMFA, at least your dues would be less.

The fact is that often the road that appears to be safer isnt, remember who designed the appearance. The same company that has repeatedly lied to you and the IAM, then ask yourself a question, you have followed their advice for the last two years, do you think that you made the right choice then? Do you still think that they are making the right choice for you now?

Airline union ill-advised to take Philadelphia tack

In response to "CEO `upbeat' on progress" (Jan. 8):

US Airways is a good airline, but the industry will never be the same.

I couldn't help shaking my head over the comments of Bill Wise, president of the International Association of Machinists local in Charlotte ["I will vote to strike, any chance I get"]. This represents the "Philadelphia" union mentality that plagues US Airways. If Mr. Wise and his followers still haven't experienced a reality check, they need to leave and let the airline's many dedicated employees try to make a go of it.

Charlie Berger

Charlotte

See Story

Regards,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
Airline union ill-advised to take Philadelphia tack

In response to "CEO `upbeat' on progress" (Jan. 8):

US Airways is a good airline, but the industry will never be the same.

I couldn't help shaking my head over the comments of Bill Wise, president of the International Association of Machinists local in Charlotte ["I will vote to strike, any chance I get"]. This represents the "Philadelphia" union mentality that plagues US Airways. If Mr. Wise and his followers still haven't experienced a reality check, they need to leave and let the airline's many dedicated employees try to make a go of it.

Charlie Berger

Charlotte

See Story

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="238180"][/post]​

Well I guess I have to take back some of the things I said about the IAM, apparently there are still a few "Wise" men left in the IAM.

Hats off to a true leader and unionist Mr Wise! Too bad there arent more like you in this industry!

The IAM M&R Negotiating Committee is not meeting with the company at all.

Bob,

You would think he would have a little influence on his Fleet Service committemen. But that is simply not the case. Very sad union leaders in Charlotte.

It should pass as a large majority of mechanics would like their severance and just want to move on and bring closure to this entire mess. There was a meeting and the question was asked "how long after the agreement is voted in will it be until people feel the affects" The answer was several months knowing U managment and the room erupted "let us out of this mess now..why prolong the suffering". That shows the feeling of many of the mechanics, they just want out of this sorry excuse for an airline...........Many just don't care anymore!!!!

yo dude ...wtf...hows about all them lame predictions you made getting to this point????
U management play you for a sucker like they did ????
NO COMMENT
WHERES MY "PAINFUL CLAUSE"...OR MY "AIRBUSES OUTSOURCED"
it is my understanding from sources that it has been recently revealed through your prior posts that you are full of boo-sheet....

coachrowsey said:
You & USsuckup also need to stay out of IAM business
[post="238148"][/post]​
If you want it to be private, there are certainly plenty of other forums in which to have such a discussion.... :huh:

Bob Owens said:
If you vote Yes they will be back for more
[post="238176"][/post]​
Well, it's not how each individual votes, of course.

There are two possible outcomes to the vote:

It passes or it doesn't.

Either way doesn't affect whether or not the company will come back for more, except for one possible scenario.

If the company would survive with passage, and would fail without passage, then they cannot come back for more if it fails, because there's no more "they" to come back.

Honestly... :rolleyes:

delldude said:
yo dude ...wtf...hows about all them lame predictions you made getting to this point????
[post="238302"][/post]​
Delldude chill....

Personally I think AP Tech is on the money. IMO I believe that the individuals that know their going to lose their jobs will vote yes so they dont leave empty handed.