Memorial Day Honor!

Hopeful

Veteran
Dec 21, 2002
How about we spend Memorial Day honoring those who lost their lives instead of spending the day on this board debating, arguing, insulting and debasing one another?

Let's leave the politics, bad feelings, anger, frustrations and anxieties be for a day!

As bad as we may think things are with respect to our jobs and our futures, there are those who gave their lives for an entirely different cause maybe dating back to the revolutionary war.

There are those families who lost and will never see a father, mother, sister, brother, husband and wife again.

I am spending Memorial Day thinking and thanking and most of all, honoring those who died.

Hopeful said:
How about we spend Memorial Day honoring those who lost their lives instead of spending the day on this board debating, arguing, insulting and debasing one another?

Let's leave the politics, bad feelings, anger, frustrations and anxieties be for a day!

As bad as we may think things are with respect to our jobs and our futures, there are those who gave their lives for an entirely different cause maybe dating back to the revolutionary war.

There are those families who lost and will never see a father, mother, sister, brother, husband and wife again.

I am spending Memorial Day thinking and thanking and most of all, honoring those who died.
[post="274106"][/post]​
<_< Hopeful---- Maybe there is Hope for you yet! Have a good one man!!!

Hopeful said:

[post="274106"][/post]​
As a veteran, tomorrow I will be honoring the fallen heros that gave everything...their lives.

Its too bad your twu doesn't feel the same. 90% of ManAAgement will be off tomorrow, while most of the twu members will be working. :angry: :angry:

Hopeful said:

[post="274106"][/post]​

I don't have time anymore to remember the fallen soliders as I have to work a TWU negoiated REGULAR WORK DAY!
Thank you TWU.

A veteran of the USAF who served his country proudly.[1974-78]

Hackman said:
As a veteran, tomorrow I will be honoring the fallen heros that gave everything...their lives.

Its too bad your twu doesn't feel the same. 90% of ManAAgement will be off tomorrow, while most of the twu members will be working. :angry: :angry:
[post="274121"][/post]​
well the compAAny/TWU said here in Tulsa that %50 could enjoy MEMORIAL DAY off but you would have to burn a vacation day......THANKS <_<

LGA Fleet Service said:
Can't even let one thread go by without a "TWU Sucks" comment can you?

Not even one started to honor America's Fallen Servicemen... :down:
[post="274194"][/post]​

I do not see the work "sucks" anywhere in my posting.That is language that YOU added to my posting.But now that you have mentioned it I completely agree.I merely stated a fact of my TWU negoiated WORK DAY on Memorial Day.

I see that you intentionally omitted the part of my statement that I had served in the USAF proudly from 1974-78. [SAC- 379th Bombardment Wing]

By the way,what branch of the military did you serve in?

Hope everyone has a nice Memorial Day and takes time to remember the sacrifices made for each of us in the USA.

I think Veterans fought and served for freedom and the truth.

I will break silence of Free Speech.

TWU SUCKS!

mjk said:
Apparently, bitterness knows no holiday.

Thank you to all who have served.

Happy Memorial Day!
[post="274213"][/post]​

Freedom of Speech is the staple of American Freedom.

Freedom of Speech is valid every day in the U.S.A.

And it is only by the sacrifice of those we honor that this is possible.

Are you a Freedom Loving American only on Holidays? Or does your Freedom Ring 365 days per year?

mjk said:
Apparently, bitterness knows no holiday.

Thank you to all who have served.

Happy Memorial Day!
[post="274213"][/post]​

Apparently the TWU does not consider it to be an important Holiday. They kept Labor Day though, at half pay if you work.

[/I]
Bob Owens said:
Apparently the TWU does not consider it to be an important Holiday. They kept Labor Day though, at half pay if you work.
[post="274729"][/post]​

I wonder if any of the TWU apparatchiks are veterans.

I gave 6.5 years to the USMC. When I got to work Monday we were told to grab a broom and clean athe dock. We were not given a job assignments to work on the airplane until after second break. AA realy caitalized on that cost savings. Where was the TWU local 514 officers on monday! Guess AA just wanted us to see how weak our local is.