Memories: TW701 LHR-JFK Icahn Cashes in.

<_< ---- Think LHR would do the same for aa if they were to leave today?------- Naaa!!!! ;) That's something FM and his crew will never understand! It's called "respect"!

<_< ---- Think LHR would do the same for aa if they were to leave today?------- Naaa!!!! ;) That's something FM and his crew will never understand! It's called "respect"!

Such a bitter man. Why don't you back off from the computer; wipe the Cheetos dust off your old bathrobe; and get a life?

And while you're at it, wipe that spittle and froth off your chin which seems to form every time you see the letters, "AA"?

Such a bitter man. Why don't you back off from the computer; wipe the Cheetos dust off your old bathrobe; and get a life?

And while you're at it, wipe that spittle and froth off your chin which seems to form every time you see the letters, "AA"?
<_< ----- Now that's funny! ;)

Heh there guys, you're both right and wrong at the same time. All the legacy carriers former and present including AA, had better days gone by, now the sad thing is that, low budget carriers, like Jetblue, Southwest, RyanAir and the rest are raising ( or lowering ) the bar daily . It's no longer about quality service, it's about getting the lowest price you can get on that screen in front of you.

I loved TWA, but I know that the future of Aviation lies with AA.

Hope we all make it, this time around.

Heh there guys, you're both right and wrong at the same time. All the legacy carriers former and present including AA, had better days gone by, now the sad thing is that, low budget carriers, like Jetblue, Southwest, RyanAir and the rest are raising ( or lowering ) the bar daily . It's no longer about quality service, it's about getting the lowest price you can get on that screen in front of you.

I loved TWA, but I know that the future of Aviation lies with AA.

Hope we all make it, this time around.

I totally agree with you, barfbag. There is a definite "race to the bottom" since the industry is now dominated by the new breed of "trendsetters" (if you can even use that term to describe them), the low cost carriers.

And you will also see that I am one of the AA flight attendants who has come on this forum in the recent past to say that we need to bring the furloughees back, a group which is overwhelmingly TWA.

So, obviously, I am not anti-TWA, but I do get tired of the constant BS from MCI who wouldn't be happy if somebody handed him 50 bucks...He'd ask "Why isn't it 100?"

I liked the last TWA Paint Scheme, It was classy!

I think you are referring to the two golden globes livery.

Yes, it was very 'Classy' - as was the airline and the crews I flew with on my many trans-Atlantic flights before 1991. The ground staff at the CTO in London and at LHR were also Classy.

I also remember the great ground staff in Paris, particularly a certain angel at the Ambassador Club at CDG. When I run across her business card I often wonder what happened with the TWA staff there.

When I started serious frequent business flying, AA was our NYC hometown airline and my domestic airline-of-choice. But TWA always won out over PanAm - when there was a choice!

I sincerely hope and pray that there will be recalls and that former TWA FA can once again do the job they have said they would love to do. And this would be so obvious to the pax.

It is not a negative to AA people to say that TWA was a "Class Act"

In my mind, TWA (and PAA) will ALWAYS be the "HEAVY HITTERS", ALWAYS !!

(especially out of JFK), It's now AA turn to "carry the flag", and I have NO DOUBT, that they will !!

There are still a fair amount of FSC's(in JFK)who were ex-TWA, and are still working.

I was/am/and always will be, a STRONG advocate of TWA-ers getting a "ratio", on the AA seniority list(s) !!!!!!!!!

NH/BB's

Great Video!!

Being from St. Louis, I always thought when I got to an airport and saw the TWA sign and then the plane that I was home.

I also liked seeing all of the "Big Hair" on the women. How hair has changed!!!

I flew from london to STL several times, and while the plane may have had duct tape on the ceiling, or compared to other planes the TWA plane was older I would have never flown another airline.

To bad everything happened the way it did.

What a great group of people TWA had. I really miss the airline.

Back