Mid Atlantic June Flying

at my station we are going to have one overnight which then leaves at 8am or so and then the very next flt from phl comes so we will lose a couple of dashes and get the emb-170 as well as the garbage dornier 328 which cant even take a full load!

With all this MAA flying replacing mainline (for example, PHL-IAH), where exactly are the 733/734 being redeployed to? Any ideas? Any additional mainline frequencies to other cities arount this time? There must be!

ISP

They're being redeployed to our Western hub, Mohave International. ;)

Seriously, I'm not sure- right now they are required to keep a minimum mainline fleet of 279 aircraft. Perhaps they will increase frequency on some routes? Its a very good question.

Light Years said:
All of us furloughed and junior folks saw what was coming, and its not even that huge a paycut for us. I guess the more senior people just brushed over the MAA part when voting on concessions. I guess they didnt think it would affect them... <_<
I don't know if 15yrs is "more senior' but as I remember nobody brushed it over this peice of sh!t contract was forced on us in bankrupty. Incidentaly I voted NO!!

I love how Marketing touts the fact there are new planes on many routes currently being served by turboprops and 50 seat RJs - NOT! :rolleyes:

aerosmith said:
I don't know if 15yrs is "more senior' but as I remember nobody brushed it over this peice of sh!t contract was forced on us in bankrupty. Incidentaly I voted NO!!
Amen!!!! Also, keep in mind, that many, many, very junior people voted yes, in hopes to keep their jobs.

Interesting that the 757's have been brought in to do mostly all the MCO flights. Also they are all full. Spent 3 days, going in and out of MCO from PHL, CLT and PIT and nary an empty seat on board, which with the new configuration is now holding 193 passengers. Wonder how they would do this with MAA and the 70 seater??? :huh:

Light Years said:
ISP

They're being redeployed to our Western hub, Mohave International. ;)

Seriously, I'm not sure- right now they are required to keep a minimum mainline fleet of 279 aircraft. Perhaps they will increase frequency on some routes? Its a very good question.
Didn't want to start a new thread, and since you touched on "western service," I thought this was the perfect place to respond.

It seems like US really is tinkering around with the schedule. Here are some key points regarding the July schedule I received from a friend at US:

*West coast service as a whole sees capacity growth of just over 10%

*SEA doubles in size, gowing from 3 or 4 daily departures to 8.

*No schedule reductions at any west coast station

*DEN to receive 2 additional flights, and LAX, SFO & PHX each get 1 added flight.

*SAN & LAS remain with the same frequencies

*Aircrafts are upgraded on many routes, with many more 320/321 and less 319, which are being deployed to new routes like LGA/BWI/BOS/FLL-BDA

We've gotten an additional flight during the summer at LAX from PHL since 1999. Eastbound it's a 7-8pm departure (was 29), and eastbound it's flight 30 around 3:00pm. In the past there was also a 6am eastbound, flight 33, but that was cut after 2001. It's no surprise that LAX will be all 321's this summer. We could fill 5 daily 767's to PHL if they had them to spare.

ISP said:
*SEA doubles in size, gowing from 3 or 4 daily departures to 8.
After flying to SEA for over two years, US does beef up service to SEA in the summer. Loads in the winter -- especially January and February -- are usually quite light (twice this past winter we had to shift people around on the A319 to keep the weight in balance!), but during the Spring and Summer it's not unusual to see full A321s to/from SEA on a regular basis.

Back